Author Topic: WW2OL new patch : News?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
WW2OL new patch : News?
« on: December 21, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Anyone still playing WW2OL care to tell me if for once the horrible tank quake is over? I read the fixes, additions and forum posts in their board and I get conflicting info.

Sssoo.. the INF can kill tanks now?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
guess no one here plays ww2ol no more then  ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
Either that, or they are over there playing.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
Still happening on a smaller scale m8. The strat is still a bit weird at times but given another 6 months they should have it licked.  :D
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 02:18:00 AM »
WWIIOL is a gigantic Goat***K.I bought it,and now despise CRS.
 It HAS potential,but it's at least a year away from being what was advertised on the box that I bought.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
I updated it, ran it and pretty much shut it down right after.

It looks the same. Basic lame interface still there with the same problems and quirks. Runs the same and my FPS is no better. Even with no tracers or muzzle flash visible my FPS drops by 50%. So basically no significant increase in performance or features. And the Stuka while flying on a knife edge and carrying bombs still flies like a Zeke.

Grade? Continuing to fail. There is room for much improvement. If there is no significant progress over the next quarter or two I do not see CRS advancing to the next grade with its classmates.

Westy

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
I dont give a damn about the aerial portion of ww2ol... thats why I have AH.

Im more interested in the tank/infantry relation. Last time I played it, before they went pay to play, the tank was godly and undefeatable vs infantry (unless u used the clip cheat).

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2001, 02:18:00 PM »
Can't help you there. I pretty much hate FPS games, so I never played one in WWIIO.

Offline GunFighter

• Banned
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2001, 05:17:00 PM »
You guys crack me up.   :rolleyes:

WWIIOL is playing better than ever. Allies got a new tank and plane, the S35 and the Blenheim Mk1 fighter bomber, the Axis got a new push or towed clip fed 20 or 30mm (not sure which) auto cannon. The cannon is a mean mofo to ground or air units alike. All army bases got new bunker complexes and some got stone walls with paraphets the troops can run around on to shoot over and places in the wall where you can push AT guns to defend
the base. They also got supply based spawn in and the troopers are having a hayday. It takes a true combined arms assault to capture anything now, and with the new CP "rules" its a huge front with pockets advancing into it here and there.

Heck, I'll just post the readme...

=====================
World War Two Online
=====================
ver# 0150

Features
-Added a vehicle component damage parser to more accurately track kill reports
-Added 10 second time-out on dead connect for alt-tab use.This will bump you back to the map if your connect goes stale for 10 seconds
-Added no capture with no links to strat system
-Added spawn timers to strat system
-Added link verification to strat system
-Added contended spawn limits tied to link status to strat system
-Added new in-game map icons for direction finding to origin and target
-Added new capture bunker objects
-Added new armybase fence object

Changes
-Added trucks to general spawn lists
-Audited all building and autogun hardness and rebuild values
-Changed 3rd person tank sounds
-Changed the radio table object to show multiple states (uncaptured/not in supply/captured)

Vehicles/Weapons
-Added Blenhiem MkI
-Added Somua S-35
-Added FlaK30
-Edited alpha textures on FlaK36
-Re-textured all German armored vehicles

Misc
-Updated terrain files with new CPs and audited all army bases with new objects

Chris "Mo" Sherland
WWIIOL's Producer
----------------------------------------

Here is a couple player reports...

ww2ol has FINALLY arrived
Keyler
posted Sat, Dec 22 2:04pm    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People have said it patch after patch... with 1.20 it was this and that, 1.30 it was terrain, and 1.40 it was because of fixes. They were all wrong.. There was no Supply, There was no coordination, there was NOTHING

Today, after several hours of playing (until my dsl farted, causing about 15 infantry to die needlessly from my quick disconnect). I have realized that ww2ol has finally arrived to us.

Combined Air, and Land operations are ESSENTIAL to gettting an attack coordinated. With Mk1 blens bombing the AI, and FB (after a 6 month absense) there is air support. With Tanks shooting up the other tanks, and the AA guns shooting the blens.. you have your Tank ground support. And with the TONS of infantry fighting in the city now, instead of the AB (correct me, but you have to take the majority of the city, before you can cap the ab?) There are TONS of fun infantry fighting

And with the ever loving Mk4 taking out the only CP resource building that was allowing them resources..It becomes a game of massive strategy..

I'm glad to be a part of this, and I thank CRS for their HARD, HARD work on this patch (what was it, 2am when the server finally got up?). They put in so much work so that we can play this awesome game

Merry Christmas CRS!
============================================

Kungfu
posted Sat, Dec 22 11:21am    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no matter who is winning, CRS has created quite possibly the most azz-kickinest game ever.

Allies did just grab Grobb and are starting to move on Geel but that is a big stalemate right now with both sides having tanks on either side of the bridge, anyone getting brave and trying to cross is turning into milque toast.

Axis grabbed up all kinds of land quickly in the southeast corner of map.

The way I see it, the allies have a slight advantage in tank toughness on the ground, with our tanks chewing up pzs for breakfast. The axis have a slight advantage in the air with their 109s eating blen sandwiches with a side order of hawks for lunch. When the axis use a combined air/ground attack they seem to win. When the allies get an overwhelming ground force together they win. It is going to be up to the players, who has got the most intestinal fortitude, to see who is going to win.
=============================================

Its coming along quite nicely. Even PC Gamer gave it a thumbs up in their Jan issue.

Use your own judgement and give it a shot yourself, dont take anyone elses word for it. Make up your own mind.

Right now 1157 people are in there having a blast. Soon to be 1158...   :D

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: GunFighter ]

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
Numbers are irrelevant.  One of the things I look for in an online game is the community.  AH has a great community.  I do not know a thing about WB, so cannot comment, but judging from thier BBS, they appear to have a pretty good group of people too.
WW2OL, on the other hand, appears to have a rather horrible community, judging from the BBS.  This is the sole aspect of that game that will keep me from ever trying it.
When the WW2OL community gets to the level of AH's or WB's, then come over here and talk about it, until then, don't even try to compare AH/WB to WW2OL.

By the way, your very attitude in the above post is just a shining example of why I will not even try WW2OL.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Skuzzy ]
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »
chicken little types?

i've had a sub there since they went pay to play. I haven't played more then 15 hours.

The game is a pos plain and simple.

So the allies have a faster char so what the axis will push/pull there  
clip fed 20 or 30mm (not sure which) auto cannon.  
sounds like fun....  :rolleyes:

If you play axis at all you know its a pos.

Hell they have it so 110s are the most common lw fighter.

That aint the sky is falling its already fell. I dl 1.50 played 5 min same toejam. Even same flag bugs.

We all read the rats call for you guys "to get the word out" but to thats kinda like selling snow cones at the north pole.

They keep quoting how close they are to the original vision..... when they get there come let us know.

Comin here talkin crap aint gonna get folks to go there.

Rethink your sales tactic.

Offline GunFighter

• Banned
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Yes,

I was a little snide. And for that I apologize. I will go edit my above post to just state the info asked by the thread poster.

It just really ticks me off when people cant give someone an honest answer because of some bogus grudge they feel they need to bear.

I apologize for my emotions getting the better of me.

As far as community... Its just like anywhere else except when compared to this community and WB, its a LOT bigger. Even though the noise ratio is comparable, the bigger numbers make it "seem" like more and make their forums move very fast.

GunFighter

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: GunFighter ]

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2001, 06:32:00 PM »
I have been careful to be neither positive or negative (in this thread). At this point, I haven't played since 1.40, so I can't say. I do read the board once in a while, though. It (the BBS) is the same.

I give the same advice to anyone who thinks about playing it: go see for yourself, but be very careful what you say on their BBS. You will be flayed alive if you aren't. Well, am I right? Be honest. Sure, if some foul-mouthed person gets on and uses a shotgun approach, he probably earned a flame. What about the new guy, or heck, even old timer, that gets on and says something like, "Since 1.50 I get discoed like crazy!" What happens? 4-5 guys immediately tell him he screwed up his system somehow. Never mind his system worked fine the day before, no way the patch could have been buggy, after all, "It works fine for me!!"  ;)

No, the wagons have been circled there for a long time. The zealots are ready to throw themselves upon the grenades- quite fine, because they are apparently having fun. And that's all cool, too. But I could never in good conscience tell anyone to buy this game and not warn them about how hostile that community is.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2001, 06:52:00 PM »
"It just really ticks me off when people cant give someone an honest answer because of some bogus grudge they feel they need to bear."

That's a pathetic statement. Essentially calling anyone with a dissenting opinion a liar and accusing them of having a personal crusade going against CRS/WW2O.

IMO you're a prime example of the 'community sickness' widespread in the WW2O community. A mass social dysfunction 'problem' that drove many, many, MANY justifiably upset players out and away. An illness so bad it causes WW2O players eat thier which can be seen when any card carrying "fan boi" steps out of line. Real bad move on CRS for letting the rabid mob rule the community. Now CRS is pleaing with the remaining player base to help bring the poeple who left back. Tough. CRS and the existing players are reaping what they sowed. And all I have to say is ... BUY MORE RAM!

Oh. And I still think you're Hatch.

Westy

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2001, 07:06:00 PM »
Well having been there for quite some time as a beta tester before release and now after release I can say this. I doubt I ever go pay to play with that game. I had high hopes and have since decided it is not worth my time to pay for a non-finished product.

When they present us as testers with a finished product like we were promised in JUNE. Then I will let my wallet speak on which game I play most. Until that day I will test the game and not pay a single dime to the developers; because I bought my $40 copy and did not return it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"