Author Topic: Terrain editor questions....  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Terrain editor questions....
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2006, 01:10:38 AM »
Haven't been able to get it into the game yet. Tried a build once, but when I tried to put it in, the game saw it, "loaded" it, but all I got was one of the default maps when I actually went to play it.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2006, 02:37:56 AM »
I'm pretty tired, the kids just left, but open your construction in the OE and under File, Properties, check the boxes for is square tile object and display terrain under tile, uncheck the top one, terrain cell IIRC then rebuild it and move the shp file to the texsrc folder.  Now when you build the map, it should work in game.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2006, 03:41:24 AM »
I think you misunderstood, Easy. When I build the map in TE, and try to load it in AH per the instructions in the help file, when I go to play the map it just gives me whatever the last map to be used was.

Say, I have it on ozkansas. I load my map, restart AH, but instead of MY map, I'm still on ozkansas.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2006, 05:13:52 AM »
You can load the map before you go in the game, in the same clipboard view where you select online/offline/h2h. Then just go offline to play on your map.

I suspect that the help files are mighty old ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 05:39:09 AM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2006, 09:14:55 AM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Update one two problems
The problem is, the runway at 0 ASL is being crossed by clutter (hills, trees, hedges, etc) regardless...
Originally posted by Easyscor
I'm pretty tired, the kids just left, but open your construction in the OE and under File, Properties, check the boxes for is square tile object and display terrain under tile, uncheck the top one, terrain cell IIRC then rebuild it and move the shp file to the texsrc folder.  Now when you build the map, it should work in game.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2006, 09:16:35 AM »
I think you misunderstood, Easy. When I build the map in TE, and try to load it in AH per the instructions in the help file, when I go to play the map it just gives me whatever the last map to be used was.

Say, I have it on ozkansas. I load my map, restart AH, but instead of MY map, I'm still on ozkansas.
What Blauk said, hit the "Load Terrain" button before you hit "Offline"
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
Already tried, loading first doesn't work. I still just get the last default map that was set.

And again, the odd thing with the clutter is that I'm using the same "ground" object on two different airfields, and only ONE is getting clutter. The other field is perfectly fine. And I reiterate that both fields use the SAME ground object.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2006, 12:12:42 PM »
Have you copied "yourmap".res from editor's ahiiterr folder to the AH2(the game)/ahiiterr folder?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »
Yup. At one point I even tried including some of the other files, and the .bmp map generated by the TE (which, btw, doesn't show any land!)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2006, 06:16:03 AM »
Yup. At one point I even tried including some of the other files, and the .bmp map generated by the TE (which, btw, doesn't show any land!)
Huh? :O

You HAVE set some elevations and defined some areas as grass, forest, swamp etc haven't you? Not having done so is the only reason I can think of that would produce a map without any land.

Land masses are not objects that are editable in OE. Although you can create a land mass as an object. But it would still need to be placed in an area defined as land on the map.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2006, 07:20:07 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Land masses are not objects that are editable in OE. Although you can create a land mass as an object. But it would still need to be placed in an area defined as land on the map.

NHawk,
the last sentence is not absolutely true. It is possible to create land masses on water with custom objects, but it is not the easiest thing to do ;) It will create problem e.g. with making the clipboard map.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
NHawk,
the last sentence is not absolutely true. It is possible to create land masses on water with custom objects, but it is not the easiest thing to do ;) It will create problem e.g. with making the clipboard map.
True... that's why I said it needs to be placed on an area defined as land. Otherwise it won't show up as land on the clipboard map.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2006, 08:52:22 AM »
cc.. I misread the end of your post :)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »
Um...How about why I can't get the terrain itself to load in game?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »
Send your .res file to me and I'll see if I can load it..

nhawk @ ah-terrains.com