Author Topic: Cheney sued in CIA identity case  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Cheney sued in CIA identity case
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »
does mrs palme have any daughters? rofl

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 12:08:59 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

BLAHHHHH.....

There..... I feel better.

Answer me this....

Why would the CIA refer the outting of one of its covert agents over to the Justice Department for investigation if she was not covert?

Because you said she wasn't covert?

A fact simply overlooked by the CIA?

Or because covert agents don't drive convertibles?

Really, Capt..... Why are you so right when the CIA itself, and the entire legal system is so wrong?

See any one of my posts above. You ask the same stupid question again. You have the answer. You cannot even show anyone who was charged or indicted for revealing her former"covert" identity. Because no one was.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 12:30:58 AM »
You're now asking me if anyone was charged with revealing her covert identitity?

Really?

Is that what you're falling back on now?

You said:

Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Could it be because the FACT is that Valerie Plame was a DESK JOCKEY from AT LEAST 1997 on? Yes! I think it is. The truth is she was NOT COVERT.  

Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts What top secret info? When she was "outed" she was driving a Jag convertible to Langley (CIA HQ) with the freaking top down! She hadn't been involved in anything remotely covert  

Simple question, with a simple one word answer, either positive or negative.

At the time Novak published his column, was Plame a covert agent?

Yes or no?

Answer: NO!

They'll just ignore the fact that she was "assigned to a desk since 1997" and was likely "among those outed by Aldrich Ames". Rove, Cheney, and Libby are evil! They're Bush minions!

Uh, the CIA says she was covert? Says who?

Says who?....

Says the CIA.

But ah.... I guess you know better, mmm?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:53 AM »
Just out of curiousity, how long have you worked for the CIA, Virgil? You seem to have the lowdown on who is and who isn't covert and all the rules that apply to them. Or is it simply the fact that senior Bush Admin figures have decided they are above the law and you can't deal with it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 01:04:05 AM »
Evidently the special prosecutor and the special grand jury figure she wasn't covert, either that, or they figured no one revealed her identity. I didn't decide that, they did. Why ask me about it? I didn't have a damned thing to do with it. I'm just reading the facts about what they decided. Evidently they felt there was nothing sufficient to merit a charge or indictment. They did feel the need to bring one charge of obstruction of justice to justify they're existence.

I never said I worked for the CIA. I doubt if I know anyone who did or does, I might.

Evidently, even the CIA can't make up their mind if she was covert in 2003. The CIA reports state she was recalled because she was compromised. Other CIA reports say she was at a desk performing administrative tasks, evidently not on any covert assignment. Half of D.C. knew she was a CIA employee.

The fact remains she was recalled at least 8 years before the column was published, and the CIA says she was recalled because she was compromised. And the truth is, some one in the CIA with an ax to grind with any number of people in the current administration could have set the complaint ball rolling.

The whole thing stinks of manufactured scandal. For all the reasons above, and in any number of previous posts.

Once again, same stupid question, and the same answer.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 06:03:26 AM »
Nice job, bj.

Posting a commentary....

Hell, we here do that all the time. The only difference is that we don't get paid.

And that's the only difference.

So what is that supposed to actually mean?

He's referring to established facts, but it was the best I could do while I was grabbing to A139 in my jug:cool:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54:59 AM »
Or because covert agents don't drive convertibles?

Sure they do...

Maxwell Smart...

James Bond...

Patrick McGoohan's #6...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »
I hope atleast Aldrich Ames was charged with outing her! :D

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »
What do you call a CIA agent abroad who isn't covert ?

Don't know?

Me either because I've never heard of one.

If Cheney is found guilty of such a dispciable act as he is accused. I say let him hang.

Hang him high, we're americans.

What have we become if we won't?

A cia agent is someone who has willingly forfiet his/her life for the expansion of our ideals. Is not our executive branch subordinate to even citizens of this mettle?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
If Cheney is found guilty of such a dispciable act as he is accused.

One is not found guilty in a civil action.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »

If Cheney is found guilty of such a dispciable act as he is accused. I say let him hang.

He hasn't been indited on any criminal charges. The special prosecuter has already said he wont be charged with any crimes. There is a pretty slim chance he will be found guilty of a crime that never happened.

But hey, Plame/Wilson are free to hold a briefing with the democrat congresional leaders the same day they file a "civil" lawsuit against him.

I give that suit an 8 on the BS scale, you milage may vary.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 01:17:44 PM »

Don't know?

Me either because I've never heard of one.

Hang him high, we're americans.

What have we become if we won't?

A cia agent is someone who has willingly forfiet his/her life for the expansion of our ideals. Is not our executive branch subordinate to even citizens of this mettle?

Suave, read this, and read it thoroughly and carefully.

At the time Robert Novak published his column that revealed the fact that Valerie Plame was involved in getting her husband Joe Wilson assigned to the trip to Nigeria, Valerie Plame was woking at CIA HQ in Langley VA at a desk. She had not been on an assignment of any type outside the United States since being recalled by the CIA in 1997, because her identity had been compromised by Aldrich Ames, and most of the spy world knew exactly who she was. So, in 2003, when this all started, she was neither abroad nor covert. She was a regular CIA employee working at a desk doing administrative duties at CIA HQ in Langley VA in the United States.

SaVaGe

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
Feel free to read it Suave but it is mostly wrong.

Suave, read this, and read it thoroughly and carefully.

At the time Robert Novak published his column that revealed the fact that Valerie Plame was involved in getting her husband Joe Wilson assigned to the trip to Nigeria, Valerie Plame was woking at CIA HQ in Langley VA at a desk.

This part is true.

She had not been on an assignment of any type outside the United States since being recalled by the CIA in 1997, because her identity had been compromised by Aldrich Ames, and most of the spy world knew exactly who she was. So, in 2003, when this all started, she was neither abroad nor covert.

This part is not--on a couple of levels. Her "outing" to the KGB (not "most of the spy world") by Ames caused her recall (and many other agents) for their safety. Her position was still classified. That means her position was a secret. There is witness that she even travelled abroad, on classified assignment as late as 2003. Just because she is outed does not mean CIA automatically reclassifies her as a secretary in the typing pool as is implied here.

She was a regular CIA employee working at a desk doing administrative duties at CIA HQ in Langley VA in the United States.

A "regular" CIA employee? What is that?

One can be a NOC and merely serve overseas, not necessarily live there. It is therefore entirely possible that her position at the CIA was illegally revealed by a high government official in retribution for the criticism levelled at the administration by her husband.

Will heads roll? Don't know. Should they? Probably.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 02:35:41 PM »
I'm real sure that once her identity was revealed to the KGB and the Eastern Bloc, those two groups very carefully guarded that secret, and never passed it along to any of their friends and allies, who never passed it along to any of theirs either. Of course they did. And I'm just as sure that the CIA believed that too. After all, if you can't trust an  enemy spy, who can you trust?

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 02:48:46 PM »
You know, I guess maybe James Bond really is real. It must be. That's the only explanation for the assertion that even if the general "spy" population knows your "secret identity", you're still a secret agent. Seems to me once everyone knows a secret, it ain't much of a secret anymore. But I guess maybe it's still a secret in fantasy land.

SaVaGe