Author Topic: The terrorists are winning  (Read 2493 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
The terrorists are winning
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »
Actually I am a Reagan fan, warts and all.  I wear a Reagan Revolucion shirt every other weekend.  Too bad he didn't live up to his 1964 ideas about debt.  But I'd still take him over Chimpler in a minute.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
FUNKED1
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2006, 08:45:15 PM »
we still love you warts and all :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2006, 08:51:21 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Actually I am a Reagan fan, warts and all.  I wear a Reagan Revolucion shirt every other weekend.  Too bad he didn't live up to his 1964 ideas about debt.  But I'd still take him over Chimpler in a minute.

Me too.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »
Ghi and anyone else who believes the 9/11 conspiracies about explosives and cruise missiles and whatnot, read this:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/conspiracy_cranks_opedcolumnists_james_b__meigs.htm
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2006, 07:14:29 AM »
Originally posted by moot
I think there needs to be an apetizer to catch people's attention. Something to make them realize why this is needed, why it'll work.  At best why it's foolproof, at worst why it's better than the present situation.
Such as a layman brief, where each point is further developped.. on the website for example, where people can see the points connected in a transparent manner, from beginning (now and them) to end (the final plan)?

There needs to be something provoking so that they definitely bite.  The initial encounter with the idea is the optimal chance for it to convince them.
To some degree, that is true.  In order for it to work you have to make dang sure the site is neutral.  It's not about partisanship.  It is about allowing people a chance to make a difference.

Basically, it could be thought of as a real time poll.  The site allows any politician to sign up.  It would also just list the politicians who are currently in control.  Provide a series of questions for any politician to answer or for politician wannabe's to answer.

A one stop shopping for all your politicians.  It could be broken down from national all the way to the city level.  It could allow people to input thier thoughts on the various politicians (have to moderate that one).

The front page would be a challenge to the people of this country.  The challenge being to make a difference, regardless of party affiliation.  It's all about getting the message to the politicians and various parties.

Once section could have a wish-list of politicians the people would like to see run for the various political jobs.  Then the site would run a mock vote.  Something along the lines of, "If you had to vote today, who would you vote for?".  Promoting the mock-vote would be high priority.  Properly done, it might actually get people out to vote at real elections.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2006, 07:49:53 AM »
a myspace for politicans :)
you do realize even if you elect your different kind of rep, once they get to dc, have a taste of real power, make friends with ppl who do not share your pure ideals - they will be just as bad as the two groups that run the show now ...

my solution is much simpler ... term limits. No One should be in there longer than 2x .. period. If it is good enough for the POTUS, I fail to see why it isn't good enough for the ted kennedys. why does it take a scandal to get these overdrawn tards booted out? because of the power they amass once they get there ...
  "In this country, you got to make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."  say hello to my little friend ... corruption, she is not picky, she loves everyone equally
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:53:12 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »
On a smaller scale.....

The NRA sends out questionairs to all politicians in or seeking high office and grades them from A to F on their voting record and what they say.

I use this to help me vote.

If a politician doesn't trust me with guns.... I don't trust him with power.  We can work from there once we establish that.

lazs

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2006, 11:15:57 AM »
Hi Chair,

Originally posted by Chairboy
Ghi and anyone else who believes the 9/11 conspiracies about explosives and cruise missiles and whatnot, read this:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/conspiracy_cranks_opedcolumnists_james_b__meigs.htm

Come on, I think we all know now from watching the Zapruder film, that there was no gunman at all and that JFK's head was blown up by a small explosive charge placed there by Jackie on orders from LBJ and the Military/Industrial complex (MIC). This was done to pave the way for the invasion of Vietnam so that we could secure low-priced rubber from the plantations.

As for the "Warren Commission" it was so riddled with Free Masons that there was no way they were going to come close to the truth. Hugo Chavez sent me an email via his secret Yahoo account saying that Fidel has seen the real report, and its amazing. He also said that if I wire money to his bank in Nigeria, I can have a copy but they are apparently having troubles getting it to me (no doubt because of NSA interference) because that was 4 months ago. How long are we going to stand for the government messing with us like this? Demand ANSWERS people!
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »
term limits. No One should be in there longer than 2x .. period. If it is good enough for the POTUS, I fail to see why it isn't good enough for the ted kennedys.

Yep. Term limits are good enough for the office of President, imposed on that office by both Houses of the US Congress. Yet...Congressional members scream and wail when the issue of term limits is brought up for them. I say put term limits on them, no more career Senators or Representatives.

When you go to Washington as our duly elected representatives, you are a SERVANT of the people. They aren't there to see how many pages they can have sex with, or how many blowjobs they can get from chubby interns or to socialize with the folks that gave large campaign contributions. They are there to SERVE the interests of THE PEOPLE.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »
It could allow people to input thier thoughts on the various politicians (have to moderate that one).

Are you sure about needing moderation? Not like we ever need to be moderated here in the OClub. :D

I really like this idea alot Skuzzy.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2006, 05:21:38 PM »
I like it as well.  I see a lot of potential, if done correctly.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »
Being the huge computer tard that I am........what kinds of classes would I need to take to be able to make webpages like that? Just wondering.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2006, 07:34:51 AM »
The WEb pages would not be difficult.  The backend database is where most of the work would need to be done, and even that is pretty straight forward.

The big challenge is finding the way to keep people from pretending to be multiple accounts.  The only way I can think to do that is to actually have voice contact with the person.  Force them to provide an accurate telephone number.
Could use social security numbers, but that goes to privacy and would probably scare off many.
Could use postal mail.  Force a real address.

In all the above, you could just provide a single account login per person of voting age.

If it could be tied to the voter registration databases around the country, it would make it easier.  I doubt that could happen though.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2006, 09:15:16 AM »
skuzzy... your idea is great... doubt the sneaky dishonest politicians would go for it tho.

Not that many would read or participate in the site but.....  You can bet it would get quoted and used in the campaigns.

I think that politicians that refused to answer should be not allowed to run.

lazs

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »
Lazs, you'd do well as a partisan, wouldn't you.