Author Topic: Skeered!  (Read 1771 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »
No ego, just fun, duels!  Several players seem to find every reason under teh sun to avoid a duel when really theres nothing to it!  Just go to the DA and agree on planes and alt etc. and have at it!  Very simple!  Not a test of manliness, not a test of kahoonas, just fun fights!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
Skeered!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 08:12:06 AM »
This may open a can of worms..,,or guts as it were, .but I believe some people view the DA fites as "sterile".

In other words, you start out so even, and CO -E you end up with a "surgically" clean fite.  And those surgeons who have spent a lot of time in a sterile environment have a decided edge from the get go... they know how long they can be in BO for, they know how to counter each and every modified merge, etc... etc...

The only way to become "good" at a DA is to go in and do it, time after time until you learn to be precise in the DA environment.

Some people prefer the Texas Chainsaw Massacre scenario in the MA, when you present them with the opportunity to go into the surgery room, they decline because they are wielding a chainsaw, and you have a scalple.

As a side note, I would recommend people go into the DA and learn, because from time to time, in the MAssacre Arena, you will find yourself in a DA like fite.

Balsy

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Skeered!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Balsy
MAssacre Arena

:rofl

:aok
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »
...snip...

As a side note, I would recommend people go into the DA and learn, because from time to time, in the MAssacre Arena, you will find yourself in a DA like fite.

Balsy

Agree, but would add this note. Doing the surgiclly clean fights can help learn what the tools are and how to use them. Even if you never want to get good with the scalpel, even if you never see the co-E merge in the MA, DA type fights can be like controlled experiments to see what works and what doesnt in a pure situation.

I, for one, find that is my biggest weakness -- just knowing what to do in what situation.

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 11:06:46 AM »
JohnnyRA, AKAK, Storch, Pacerr, 31st sq, just a few Id like to see take up a duel challenge!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Skeered!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »
hello skyrock.if you see me on give me a yell.been disappointed in MA lately. dont really know why. i think i've hit a wall.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Skeered!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 12:22:56 PM »
Not all people that fly good in the DA do well in main. I think the DA is to hone your skill and with the correct parnter a place to learn.

I think some people just get so mad if you beat them. Lots of trash talking goes down on 200 and skyrock hit the nail on the head with this post. People are scared of the DA for no reason.

Skyrock your a da troll that lives in A15 hangers (: Also your skill level in the da is much higher than 99% of the pilots that fly in main. I quess some people would rather talk than get killed over and over. I for one would rather da than talk trash all night long.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Skeered!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »
Understand this: The DA environment is your cup of tea. That is what is fun about this game for YOU. It has nothing to do with being "scared",in most cases I would think it has mainly to do with the fact that those u wish to see in tha DA simply couldn't care less about it. It is NOT their idea of fun. That is why we ALL play this game for, right? To have fun? They pay their 15$ a month to fly MA style.

Heck, the "fun" for me is Special Events. But I don't get upset when certain people won't participate in them. Instead, I have fun with the people who do. Can't we all do the same?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:53:02 PM by Dace »

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Skeered!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »
Most nights you'll find 10-12 people in the dueling arena.
All most every night you can find me,Airsys,Domin,Ikaros,
Marsair,Madmax27,and several others in the DA just sparring around.

Most vets wont answer the call to the DA ,simply cause they have nothing to prove.They've flown all aspects of the game and have develped their skills to a
comfortable level.

Unless you've been dueling the same people for awhile and share similar interest in fighting,few will ever commit to the DA just for a few duels.

Of course there's always other reasons why people won't DA,possibly because of
 http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/966_1158087941_film14.ahf

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »
Originally posted by Creton
Most nights you'll find 10-12 people in the dueling arena.
All most every night you can find me,Airsys,Domin,Ikaros,
Marsair,Madmax27,and several others in the DA just sparring around.

Most vets wont answer the call to the DA ,simply cause they have nothing to prove.They've flown all aspects of the game and have develped their skills to a
comfortable level.

Unless you've been dueling the same people for awhile and share similar interest in fighting,few will ever commit to the DA just for a few duels.

Of course there's always other reasons why people won't DA,possibly because of
 http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/966_1158087941_film14.ahf
Maybe u should have warned peeps about the language and set up what happened right before that!  But then again,  you do like to manipulate!   Just incase anyones interested, you can priv me and I will fill you in on what happened right before the film started rolling, but that film was 3 years in the making.  As for anyone that thought they were going to see a duel and unfortunately had to listen to that, I apologize as those comments were made to Jeff on a private channel.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Skeered!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
JohnnyRA, AKAK, Storch, Pacerr, 31st sq, just a few Id like to see take up a duel challenge!

You're still all bent out of shape because I shot you down in FT?  Why should I have to take time out of my time flying with squadmates because you got your ego bruised?  It's not me that has to prove anything.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 04:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
You're still all bent out of shape because I shot you down in FT?  Why should I have to take time out of my time flying with squadmates because you got your ego bruised?  It's not me that has to prove anything.

ack-ack
AKAK, I made a simple comment that I need to get more alt.  Your name was not even mentioned.  You then attacked me saying that I was whining.  Do you deny this?  AKAK the offer to duel you goes back to another post where you said I was an easy kill!  It's all  for fun anyway, I just look at it as a fun challenge, you can take it however it makes you happy!

storch

Skeered!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 04:14:03 PM »
is skyrock sharkee or any of those other iterations?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »
Originally posted by storch
is skyrock sharkee or any of those other iterations?

nope!  I was 031598, coldkill, SmashR, and Skyrock in no particular order!  So you up for a few fun dules Storch, early luftwaffe ought to be fun!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skeered!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 04:19:49 PM »
This may open a can of worms..,,or guts as it were, .but I believe some people view the DA fites as "sterile".

In other words, you start out so even, and CO -E you end up with a "surgically" clean fite.  And those surgeons who have spent a lot of time in a sterile environment have a decided edge from the get go... they know how long they can be in BO for, they know how to counter each and every modified merge, etc... etc...

The only way to become "good" at a DA is to go in and do it, time after time until you learn to be precise in the DA environment.

Some people prefer the Texas Chainsaw Massacre scenario in the MA, when you present them with the opportunity to go into the surgery room, they decline because they are wielding a chainsaw, and you have a scalple.

Balsy
Our fights in the DA weren't sterile, quite the contrary.  I think you're the one that got me flying the 1-hog!  Of course owning me in it made me want to learn it! Balsy