Author Topic: Ah chess pieces  (Read 5355 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
hmm...  ya know it is not the overall numbers that make for good gameplay...

It is good gameplay that makes for good gameplay..  the whordes who insist on flying with all their "friends"  ruined gameplay in the old MA... it didn't matter that the numbers overall were even most of the time..

there was never a good fite because their idea of gameplay was safety in numbers and sneak.    It was two or three whordes circle jerking at undefended feilds...   if a real fight broke out they did there best to end it with suicide runs on the FH's or the CV.

boner claims my posts about the current gameplay are funny...  seems most everyone here that isn't married to a chess peice and the gameplay of "numbers is everything" is agreeing that we are finding more and better action and that the people, for the most part, are more fun and polite to fly with.

I flew with overlag yesterday...  helped him out even...  what is wrong with that?    If you never switch you never get to talk to your nemisis.

If you ever flew with a country and it left a bad taste then it was probly because you wanted to have things your way kev.  

I flew with the knits... when they just wanted to take a field I moved to the next fight... no big deal... when the numbers were more even I "helped" by killing lots of red planes... that does not mean I was there to help take the field... when red planes stopped upping... I left.  no big deal...  

In the old MA slum it was allmost impossible to find an area where there was real action... the more on.... the worse it got.  The more that got on the more they huddled together like little girls and hid from each other while runway diving in late war planes that are immune to ack.

laughable....  they caused the problem and now they want to continue it and have more opportunity to do it...

Where the hell did these type of simmers come from?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

hey lazs,   i don,t think your posts are funny at all.  they are sad.   you have a condesending attitude and are extremely rude.  some of your arguments are actually valid and i agree with (some ) of them.  but the way you present them is absolutely horrid!!!  i just can,t get past the way you are constantly belittling everyone.  and i mean everyone.  hey --i could be wrong --you might actually be a nice guy--but i haven,t seen one of your posts that proves otherwise.  

jeeeeez   will ya cut it out??   you,re becoming a laughing stock!!!

Boner
       public relations officer for  Boner
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:35:42 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2006, 10:39:57 PM »
Originally posted by whiteman
which country seem's to be at a disadvantage?

First off welcome...nice LS1...and...been to SugarLand many times myself.

As far as your question...it doesn't matter much really. What you need to look for is a group of like-minded individuals and join a squad, preferably a looser one just so you can relax and not get so wound up in it all. But WRT countries...they all pretty much suck, at least at one time or another they do. As you can see, this place has about 5,000 players every month and about 10,000 opinions for the same period.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hang around a while!

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2006, 11:24:33 PM »
I was a major skeptic, but have gotten to like the new setup. If you have been on defense forever- as Rooks usually were in the old MA- you can now go to another arena and actually have superior numbers. The only problem with that is that I get bored & go back to an arena where Rooks are on defense. BTW, my squad -Shillelagh- for the last 10-12 years in various games prefers to pick one side and stick with it. We'll see if that changes now. We only have 1-3 flying at any time so it won't change numbers at all.
-MI-

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2006, 08:35:29 AM »
falc.. calling me the vocal minority over and over isn't gonna make it so..  "5 or six guys" is about all you have posting too... some are pretty young and new and... well... crybabies too.

You say that I could have just flown late war planes in the Ma.. I did on occassion... yak and F6 In the old days the Hog  even tempest..  one time I flew every single fighter plane in the set until I landed at least one kill in it... You ever done that?

the problem is that the action slows down and..  as airscrew so perfectly put it...  most of the people in the old ma were in slum behavior circle jerk mode.

Now, there are some articulate guys on your side of the fence but... they are euros... it is a different story for them and I feel for em... they never had a huge arena...  I have flown with overlag in the EW and we got along fine... I have flown with ranger too and we got along fine... I have fought your guys in ew and we seemed to get along fine and have a good furball... if they thought my easy mode f4f at 1-2k attacking them and another red was easy mode then they never told me.

face it.. you are a lala whorde guy who has to have the adoration of his subjects and insulates them and himself from at least 2/3 of the community..  You are so insulated that you thought you could simply say you didn't like the new setup and everyone would agree and force HT to make it all back the way it was...  I am sure you got a rude awakening.

nobody, including me cared about your little cult before but we knew it and ones like it were ruining the gameplay.  But then you all came on with the change and alternately whined and pouted and threatened.... To me it looked like a whole whorde laying on their backs and pounding their fists and stomping their feet with crying huge tears with purple faces.

lazs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2006, 08:50:23 AM »

What needs to be recognised is that the vocal minority are just that ......a minority. What gets me is these guys busy "fur-balling" still have the time to be bothered to comment on with the bigger picture..... like it matters to them when it plainly doesn't. The Strat side is of no use or concern to them. They ARE NEVER EVER going to have anything positive to say about it.

I hearby recognize LYNX as the vocal minority.

Satisfied now?

HiTech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
I hearby recognize LYNX as the vocal minority.

Satisfied now?

HiTech
:lol

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2006, 09:17:33 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
falc.. calling me the vocal minority over and over isn't gonna make it so..  "5 or six guys" is about all you have posting too... some are pretty young and new and... well... crybabies too.

You say that I could have just flown late war planes in the Ma.. I did on occassion... yak and F6 In the old days the Hog  even tempest..  one time I flew every single fighter plane in the set until I landed at least one kill in it... You ever done that?

the problem is that the action slows down and..  as airscrew so perfectly put it...  most of the people in the old ma were in slum behavior circle jerk mode.

Now, there are some articulate guys on your side of the fence but... they are euros... it is a different story for them and I feel for em... they never had a huge arena...  I have flown with overlag in the EW and we got along fine... I have flown with ranger too and we got along fine... I have fought your guys in ew and we seemed to get along fine and have a good furball... if they thought my easy mode f4f at 1-2k attacking them and another red was easy mode then they never told me.

face it.. you are a lala whorde guy who has to have the adoration of his subjects and insulates them and himself from at least 2/3 of the community..  You are so insulated that you thought you could simply say you didn't like the new setup and everyone would agree and force HT to make it all back the way it was...  I am sure you got a rude awakening.

nobody, including me cared about your little cult before but we knew it and ones like it were ruining the gameplay.  But then you all came on with the change and alternately whined and pouted and threatened.... To me it looked like a whole whorde laying on their backs and pounding their fists and stomping their feet with crying huge tears with purple faces.

lazs

WOW!!!!:O    this is getting beyond sad, and rapidly aproaching pathetic!!!
why is this guy who flys in the ew, so vocal about all the aspects of the game that he does,nt play??   a few years of psychoanalysis may give us the sad answers.  a recent post i made was deleted for being to harsh.
i,m sure a few people read it before it was closed. it boggles my mind that this Lazs2 fellow continues to be allowed to spew this garbage, every single day without it being addressed by the powers that be!!!!
if ever i saw a mouthy trouble maker , this guy is it!!!
it is unbelievable that this guy is still allowed to provoke, with his constant name calling and finger pointing and just in general, beyond rude comments.

most of the guys i fly with don,t mind the changes so much as this Laz fellow is trying to make out.  however we are outraged at his incessant poisonous barbs.
 this guy thinks he knows how we fly as  a squad. he knows what planes and tactics we use.  he knows nothing!!!

we get it laz--you don,t like (insert an insulting name) and you don,t like (another insulting name)  

i think you made your point about 10,000 posts ago!!!!

i,m begging ya !!!!!!  stfu!!!!!

hugs and kisses,
                                          your pal Boner

public relations officer for Boner

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ah chess pieces
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2006, 09:29:53 AM »
Originally posted by soupcan
MW arena sometimes has some really great battling going on.
However when 1 country starts getting overwhelming odds the
overall gameplay suffers.

As an example on Oct 29 at approx 19:00 CST MW had:

bish -11
knight-23
rook-38

over the course of the next hour 15 more players logged on
and all decided to play for the rooks.

I don't get it, not 1 of these 15 guys thought "hey this is a little
out of wack, maybe i should fight for the bish for an hour".

numbers then became:

bish-8
knight-24
rook-53

which becomes even more laughable when the majority of these 53 rooks
are hitting the bish.

Are players so tied to their chess piece that they would rather "fight"
(and i use the term loosely) 7 of US against 1 of THEM? And do these
same people think this is good action?

Ok, I posted on 200, Monday that this watermelon would happen, and it did.  

70 Bish, 50 Knights and 20 Rooks were on Monday night (MWA).   We NOT ONLY didn't start another thread about this chit, we also kept the highest number of fields and we still taking them.   Funnier yet, the "base defense" for both were nonexistent.

When will you stop posting these obnoxious, threads.   Cancel your account if you cannot handle numerical issues in the arenas, and then turn around crying for help from HTC!!!   It makes me want to vomit.   Really, you should cancel your account if you will whine about a "Target Rich Environment".   It tells me one thing, you "choose" to fly with an advantage.   Rooks have been accustomed to the TRE.  

Soupcan, it is folks like you that make my days sunny and bright.   :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
I still say the real answer to this is a robust, separate furballers and GVers arena for those not wanting to win the war.

Are you actually saying that people who furball or choose to play GV's don't want to win the war?  Most furballs happen as a result of one side defending a base against another attacking it.  So are you saying the defenders dont want to win or the attackers?  Have you ever seen GV's attacking other bases?  They do.  And sometimes they win and help WIN the war.  This comment sounds like a "lets banish anyone who's not like me" comment.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
WOW!!!!:O    this is getting beyond sad, and rapidly aproaching pathetic!!!
why is this guy who flys in the ew, so vocal about all the aspects of the game that he does,nt play??   a few years of psychoanalysis may give us the sad answers.  a recent post i made was deleted for being to harsh.
i,m sure a few people read it before it was closed. it boggles my mind that this Lazs2 fellow continues to be allowed to spew this garbage, every single day without it being addressed by the powers that be!!!!
if ever i saw a mouthy trouble maker , this guy is it!!!
it is unbelievable that this guy is still allowed to provoke, with his constant name calling and finger pointing and just in general, beyond rude comments.

most of the guys i fly with don,t mind the changes so much as this Laz fellow is trying to make out.  however we are outraged at his incessant poisonous barbs.
 this guy thinks he knows how we fly as  a squad. he knows what planes and tactics we use.  he knows nothing!!!

we get it laz--you don,t like (insert an insulting name) and you don,t like (another insulting name)  

i think you made your point about 10,000 posts ago!!!!

i,m begging ya !!!!!!  stfu!!!!!

hugs and kisses,
                                          your pal Boner

Sorry Boner, but the BK's are OFTEN fighting in the EWA amongst numerically superior numbers.   I know this, because I am often winging them, getting my 6 cleared, and clearing theirs, we got shot down alot, and shoot down alot.  

Amazing, 95% of the time I am in the EWA, and have never seen you in there.
BK's have a new fanboi in 1Boner!!!!!!!!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
How about this:

Players that have never, ever changed countries are logged into THEIR country when they login.

Players that have switched countries in the past (this could have a threshold set on it along with a time span) would be assigned to the country with the least number of players on it.

This way the free agents would not have to log in, see the numbers, and switch countries....it's done for them.

Disagree, drop all "chesspiece icons", and then change countries to balance out the numbers.  I change countries to balance out the numbers, sorry but I'm mature enough to not allow the chesspiece to sway my decision making.  

If the above doesn't apply, STOP MAKING THESE THREADS TO BEGIN WITH AND/OR POSTING IN THEM.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Sorry Boner, but the BK's are OFTEN fighting in the EWA amongst numerically superior numbers.   I know this, because I am often winging them, getting my 6 cleared, and clearing theirs, we got shot down alot, and shoot down alot.  

Amazing, 95% of the time I am in the EWA, and have never seen you in there.
BK's have a new fanboi in 1Boner!!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE\

i never said you didn,t  fly in the ewa!!!   wtf are you talking about????  

i think you better get your 6 cleared again , you,re starting to see things that aren,t there!!!!

and yes!!!:aok   i have become a huge bk fan!!!!  especially your pubic relations officer---you guys are the best comedy team since hitler and musolini  !!!!!!!

i should hope that you guys fly against superior numbers. according to most posts i,ve read,it wouldn,t be fair otherwise.

my god will these guys ever stop????

your buddy,
                   Boner

ps----i don,t fly in the ew because i like the other side of the game and i most certainly wouldn,t want to come there and spoil ;your fun!!!---its called being polite!!--------peace--out!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:09:17 AM by 1Boner »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »
i never said you didn,t  fly in the ewa!!!   wtf are you talking about????  

i think you better get your 6 cleared again , you,re starting to see things that aren,t there!!!!

and yes!!!:aok   i have become a huge bk fan!!!!  especially your pubic relations officer---you guys are the best comedy team since hitler and musolini  !!!!!!!

i should hope that you guys fly against superior numbers. according to most posts i,ve read,it wouldn,t be fair otherwise.

my god will these guys ever stop????

your buddy, Boner

ps----i don,t fly in the ew because i like the other side of the game and i most certainly wouldn,t want to come there and spoil ;your fun!!!---its called being polite!!--------peace--out!!

1.  I'm not a BK
2.  I never said, "you said you flew in the EWA".
3.  I brought facts into your argument and you tap danced around them.
4.  No we won't, as long as people whine, we'll be there to kick them in the nuts.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 10:30:02 AM »

ps----i don,t fly in the ew because i like the other side of the game and i most certainly wouldn,t want to come there and spoil ;your fun!!!---its called being polite!!--------peace--out!! [/B]

Can you explain that better?  What other side of the game does EW not contain?  Or are you meaning the fastest planes and the biggest bombers?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 10:33:03 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
1.  I'm not a BK
2.  I never said, "you said you flew in the EWA".
3.  I brought facts into your argument and you tap danced around them.
4.  No we won't, as long as people whine, we'll be there to kick them in the nuts.

:aok  :rofl  

I hear tap dancing is good exercise