Author Topic: The night witches  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »
Touchy, eh?

You made a totally unsupported statement and got called on it.

Now you're mad at me?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
Originally posted by Tigeress

What I said to Lazs was "women can be just as good as, or better", when it comes to flying, and flying in combat.

This will be proven out as history proceeds down the timeline... we are flying in combat roles now... even though our numbers are comapritively small relative to men presently.

I don't agree with this at all and I think you're missing the greatest hurdle for women aspiring to be combat pilots. It's the same hurdle that exists in some other professions. Women are generally poor at 3 dimensional thinking. That is why there are so few women mechanical and civil engineers. Only exceptional women can process in 3 dimensions. Once things are transformed to 2 dimensional representations, they are better able to visualize and transform, but intuitive, rapid 3-dimensional thinking is something not many women are wired to do.

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2007, 09:33:23 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Touchy, eh?

You made a totally unsupported statement and got called on it.

Now you're mad at me?

Totally unsupported? You want data that is not yet established in the venues you sited. RED FLAG, TOP GUN and COMBAT

Women have never been given permission to fly combat in the US until somewhat recently.

You want me to site statistics that take time and oppurtunity to collect. We haven't been given a chance to prove what the military already knows.

Think there are any women flying in the Thunder Birds? Any idea what it takes to qualify for that? You think they let just anyone fly with the Thunder Birds?

There are 49 women fighter pilots in the USAF. How many male fighter pilots are there? How long have they been fly fighters in combat?

Gee, Toad...

Al Queda and the Afgan Taliban don't have an air force to shoot down.

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:41:04 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2007, 09:40:06 PM »
You would think then, given the above long list of missing data, that you would not have made such a statement as it is clear you understand the data is not there to support it.

As I said, YOU made the unsupported statement but somehow I get to be the bad guy.

BTW, I have flown as pilot crewmember with a handful of women pilot crewmembers in the cockpits of modern commercial airliners. I do think may have a bit more knowledge on the subject than the average person. I have no problem with women pilots. So stow your misplaced outrage please.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
You would think then, given the above long list of missing data, that you would not have made such a statement as it is clear you understand the data is not there to support it.

As I said, YOU made the unsupported statement but somehow I get to be the bad guy.

BTW, I have flown as pilot crewmember with a handful of women pilot crewmembers in the cockpits of modern commercial airliners. I do think may have a bit more knowledge on the subject than the average person. I have no problem with women pilots. So stow your misplaced outrage please.

I'm not outraged dear... promise. Just a little tired of getting beaten down... It isnt you.

I sited the data I have so far in other posts...

My contention that females can fly combat as well or as good as males is anecdotal from Air Force Officers.

Believe me... if there were shoot downs avaliable that I knew about, I would site those.

The F-22 Raptor is unproven in battle. Think it will get the job done?
It has no shoot downs... yet.

Take a look at this site...

Chick Fighter Pilots Website

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:54:27 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »
I'm not outraged dear... promise. Just a little tired of getting beaten down... It isnt you.

I sited the data I have so far in other posts... It is anecdotal from Air Force Officers. Believe me... if there were shoot downs avaliable, I would site those.

The F-22 Raptor is unproven in battle. Think it will get the job done?
 I do.

Take a look at this site...
Chick Fighter Pilots Website

TIGERESS

Hehe, Quick on the draw. :aok

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »
You continue down the same unsupported path.

For example, let's assume that women can pull more G's than men as you've stipulated. Fine.

That does not prove that women can/do utilize this capablity to outperform their male counterparts in combat aircraft. As you point out, the data is simply not there. As Rolex points out, there are other aspects that may preclude women from successfully utilizing this advantage.

But you're quite willing to assume they will be able to do so although the data is not in.

In the case of the F-22, it is inanimate. It's a piece of hardware with a known flight/weapons envelope that HAS been tested in simulated aerial combat missions.

Red Flag/Top Gun is simulated aerial combat; do women achieve Distinguished Graduate status at a disproportionate rate compared to their male classmates? Data missing, again.

Again, if you think I'm being hard on women pilots, you are wrong. Read that linked thread that talks about the 1st T-Bird woman pilot and see what I said way back then.

It's simply that you are drawing conclusions from totally insufficient data. It's a habit that won't serve you well on this BBS. As you've seen, it's a pretty harsh environment.

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2007, 10:12:40 PM »
You continue down the same unsupported path.

For example, let's assume that women can pull more G's than men as you've stipulated. Fine.

That does not prove that women can/do utilize this capablity to outperform their male counterparts in combat aircraft. As you point out, the data is simply not there. As Rolex points out, there are other aspects that may preclude women from successfully utilizing this advantage.

But you're quite willing to assume they will be able to do so although the data is not in.

In the case of the F-22, it is inanimate. It's a piece of hardware with a known flight/weapons envelope that HAS been tested in simulated aerial combat missions.

Red Flag/Top Gun is simulated aerial combat; do women achieve Distinguished Graduate status at a disproportionate rate compared to their male classmates? Data missing, again.

Again, if you think I'm being hard on women pilots, you are wrong. Read that linked thread that talks about the 1st T-Bird woman pilot and see what I said way back then.

It's simply that you are drawing conclusions from totally insufficient data. It's a habit that won't serve you well on this BBS. As you've seen, it's a pretty harsh environment.

I work in a pretty harsh environment. I am used to it. No problem there.
I am the only female engineer in my company and it is an engineering company.

I can site WWII combat results data on the only Air Force that allowed women to fly Fighters and Bombers in combat, TMK. The Air Force of the former USSR. There were Ace female fighter pilots.

I concede your point...

Let me rephrase it... "Women have shown to the US Air Force the potential to be as good or better than men fighting in actual arial combat... Given the opportunity, I believe we will prove this to be so."

In the case of the F-22 we are talking potential vs results... inanimate or living, the issue is the same. Potential vs Results

At least one female USAF Pilot apparently has combat flight experience that I have found so far... Lieutenant Colonel Martha McSally, USAF

Martha McSally is a pilot in the U.S. Air Force. She was the first American woman to fly in combat since the lifting of the 1991 prohibition of women in combat. McSally is also the first woman to command an American fighter squadron, the 354th Fighter Squadron based at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. McSally is an A-10 Thunderbolt II pilot.

McSally graduated from St. Mary Academy - Bay View and then the United States Air Force Academy in 1988. She earned a Master's degree from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. She was selected for fighter pilot school in 1993, and was deployed to Kuwait in January 1995. During that deployment, she flew combat patrol over Iraq enforcing the no-fly zone. In July, 2004, she took command of the A-10 equipped 354th, and was subsequently deployed to Afghanistan, where she deployed weapons in combat for the first time. In 2005 McSally and her squadron were awarded the David C. Shilling Award, given by the Air Force Association for the best aerospace contribution to national defense.

McSally was represented by the Rutherford Institute in her successful lawsuit against the Department of Defense, challenging the military policy that required servicewomen stationed in Saudi Arabia to wear the body-covering abaya when traveling in the country.

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 10:38:23 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »
right now, if he were my husband he would be cut off, sleeping on the couch, making his own meals, and be presented with stone silence.

TIGERESS

After what you've posted here, I thought you might have said you'd be humbling him through your higher earning power, convincing him with overwhelming logic, or some such.

Instead, it's "no soup OR nookie for you!"

Thanks for clearing that up.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2007, 11:01:11 PM »
Originally posted by Scherf
After what you've posted here, I thought you might have said you'd be humbling him through your higher earning power, convincing him with overwhelming logic, or some such.

Instead, it's "no soup OR nookie for you!"

Thanks for clearing that up.

HAHAHAHA love it!

I haven't played all my cards... yet teehee

TIGERESS

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »
You are up a little later than usual today Tigeress. I normaly don't see you on the boards after about 20:00 central.

I like your avatar, where did you get it?

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2007, 11:23:58 PM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
You are up a little later than usual today Tigeress. I normaly don't see you on the boards after about 20:00 central.

I like your avatar, where did you get it?

Mark

Yes, This is late for me. I'm usually early to bed; early to rise.

I found it on the internet while looking for an avatar for this site.

I collected a few photos of female tigers but that photo bears some resemblance to me though she is younger than I am.

I have another but she is too exposed in that one.

This is the full photo...

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 11:33:03 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2007, 11:34:03 PM »
I like the full one too.

I work nights and normaly get off work at 12:15 in the morning.

When I work day shift I rise early also. Generaly about 04:00 which means getting to bed before 22:00.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2007, 11:36:47 PM »
Yes, I usually arise about 4:50am.

I can forward the other one if you PM me with your e-mail address.
It's quite tastefully done.

TIGERESS

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Yes, I usually arise about 4:50am.

I can forward the other one if you PM me with your e-mail address.
It's quite tastefully done.

TIGERESS

Thanks!

You have mail :)

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!