Author Topic: The night witches  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, do you have any evidence that women take a disproportionate share of the top honors (Distinguished Graduate) at Top Gun or Red Flag?

Or any other nation's fighter combat school? Are women taking a disproportionate share of the top honors in the RAF or the IAF?

I see your studies on various aspects that may influence success in air combat.

What I'd like to see is some evidence that actually backs up the statement about being better fighter pilots. Who are they? How many of them are there? How did they prove they were the best?

I think it's too soon yet to know the real facts based on data from sources like Top Gun or Red Flag and actual combat performance records... of which I am confident, will be accurate once enough data is gathered and sifted.

We are presently a minority in Air Combat are not present in suffencent numbers and time in service, thus inexperienced, compared to men.

Females have been suppressed and repressed by men forever.
That is true today.

Give us a chance to demonstrate our abilities over the long run.

TIGERESS

PS: Here is a quote from Capt. B. A. Wilson, USAF (Ret), MA, MBA:

"My honest opinion is that it is not necessarily a male-female thing even though society portrays it that way.

I have known some pretty weak men who wouldn't protect the back of their own mother in a crisis or combat situation and some strong women who would go to the wall for a total stranger in the trenches - and vice versa.

Many women are excellent shots with pistol,carbine and automatic weapons, many men can't hit a cow with a target painted on it. Women pilots can handle some jet fighters better than men and male pilots can handle heavy bombers slightly better - both are about even in choppers.

But when it comes to the trenches, fox holes, covert operations, guerilla warfare, etc., I think it takes a particular personality type - almost on the edge of a pathological one to even want to become a trained killer.

This can have appeal for both men and women but hopefully very few. On the other hand survival is strong within both sexes and I would count on whomever was trained, schooled, and had the skill and cunning to get me out of any hostile situation - more often than not brains not brawn make better survival material.

And history tells us that hundreds of women have experienced varied forms of "combat" more so in Europe than here. But then men didn't head west in the pioneer days alone, women were experiencing the same trials and tribulations from hostile Indians to wild weather.

To say that women should not be in combat because they can't act like men is like saying they shouldn't be in major league baseball because they can't spit, scratch and rearrange [their nuts]. If they can throw from right field to first base is what counts.

But I digress - the point is rather moot given the technological nature of future wars - little will be done hand to hand and a lot will be done in the realm of virtual reality, computer and satellite arenas, and probably robotics.

The gut slitting, bayonet stabbing, and grenade tossing will be minimal - and if each branch of service wants to maintain it's own little group of cutthroats then let it be an equal opportunity band - I seriously doubt that too many women will apply. - and of course the religious right, the aging suits in congress and the anti choicers will hue and cry so loud it will never happen.

Meantime if there is another conflict I think the one with the most electronic toys will win and we both know either sex can handle computers, VRML, Virtual Reality, multimedia, Mars sojourners (invented by a woman), satellite tracking, robotics, unmanned aircraft, tanks and ships and computerized combat simulator software."

Real women have saved lives, gone in to space, fought wars, invented, financed and designed everything from nuclear fission to radium, and from DNA to COBOL.

Real women have overcome as many, if not more, obstacles and hardships than have men.

Women pioneered, starved, reigned, battled, spied, strategized, and taught, doctored, nursed, reared families, started churches, and won political rights, yet few magazines, books, movies and television productions tell these stories.

It's not a gender thing, it's not a sex thing, it's not a strength thing - a highly trained, highly intelligent, strongly motivated person can do any job the military has to offer - and do it well.

After all, the Amazons didn't cut off their breasts any more than the Legion of Thebes cut off their testicles - and both groups won battles galore!"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:28:16 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tigeress
Whatever Lazs... think whatever you want.

I see no point in a discussion with you, dear.

TIGERESS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AKIron
The honeymoon is over.  ;)

Got that right... right now, if he were my husband he would be cut off, sleeping on the couch, making his own meals, and be presented with stone silence.

He has been a bad boy...

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:22:22 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »
I must take exception with your assertion that she is stronger than most men. Strength is more than body fat composition. Size and skeletal structure are factors in strength. You won't see the world's strongest power lifters that cut.

Most men these days can't even lift their own bodyweight. In this year's World Youth Weightlifting Championship in Spain a girl from Armenia, Meline Daluzyan, lifted 98 kilograms, and 123 kilograms in the clean and jerk. With the combined weight of 221 kilograms, she merited the title of co-champion of Europe. First place was garnered by Russian Tays Antonava, with a total of 231 kilograms.

123 kilograms is 270 pounds. Most men today can't lift what a little Armenian teenage girl can.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »
So Tigress ... any comments on my points, or are you in agreement? :)

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
Originally posted by Viking

I'm fixin' to get to it! :)

TIGERESS

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2007, 03:57:02 PM »
Most men these days can't even lift their own bodyweight. In this year's World Youth Weightlifting Championship in Spain a girl from Armenia, Meline Daluzyan, lifted 98 kilograms, and 123 kilograms in the clean and jerk. With the combined weight of 221 kilograms, she merited the title of co-champion of Europe. First place was garnered by Russian Tays Antonava, with a total of 231 kilograms.

123 kilograms is 270 pounds. Most men today can't lift what a little Armenian teenage girl can.

Oh no, I won't let you do the relational thing. That is simply a lie or at least an untruth or dishonesty. Strength isn't relational, it is absolute. You heard it here last.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2007, 04:07:30 PM »
Oh no, I won't let you do the relational thing. That is simply a lie or at least an untruth or dishonesty. Strength isn't relational, it is absolute. You heard it here last.

And what exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean to say that a (trained) woman cannot achieve the same level of upper body strength as the average (untrained) man?

If not, what are you trying to say?

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

Great posts Viking. And well presented. Very well presented.

Base male instincts can be muted or heighten by the social influence during the time they are raised and that they experience in life. Same with us.

There are women to which I would not turn my back nor ever trust and whom would as quickly slit your throat and eat your liver as look at you and men I would trust with my life and my honor without question.

But with that said... we have brain influences derived from hormones from the time we begin to differientate in the womb.

I bet Lazs would be insulted to know all males are in fact "modified females." Those modifications start early in the womb to convert him from his default female body and brain to that of a modified female... a man.

He, no doubt, would be in denial to hear that he produces estrogen which flows through his blood stream but he could never deny that he has undeveloped breasts (mammary glands) complete with present yet undeveloped nipples.

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:41:00 PM by Tigeress »

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2007, 04:38:48 PM »
Yes we are but two sides of the same coin. Some would perhaps like to think otherwise.

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »
Yes we are but two sides of the same coin. Some would perhaps like to think otherwise.

Yes, as I have said before... two halves of a whole.

TIGERESS

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
And what exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean to say that a (trained) woman cannot achieve the same level of upper body strength as the average (untrained) man?

If not, what are you trying to say?

Some women are or can be stronger than some men. The woman you posted does not look stronger than most men, to me anyhow.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The night witches
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
Some women are or can be stronger than some men. The woman you posted does not look stronger than most men, to me anyhow.

Ok, she does to me.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
Ok, she does to me.

Well, she does look manly, bit size is difficult to determine without an external reference. I'm judging her strength based on the size of her thighs vs her upper body. Her upper body looks relatively typical for a woman to me.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The night witches
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2007, 08:13:42 PM »
Originally posted by Tigeress
I think it's too soon yet to know the real facts based on data from sources like Top Gun or Red Flag and actual combat performance records...
[/b]

So your previous statement in the Women's Sufferage thread is unsupported opinion/assumption on your part. Thanks for clearing that up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
The night witches
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

So your previous statement in the Women's Sufferage thread is unsupported opinion/assumption on your part. Thanks for clearing that up. [/B]

Yes Toad... women suck at flying and cant fight their way out of a paper bag in an airplane.

that you should find acceptable without proof.

TIGERESS