Author Topic: "perked ordnance system"  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
Originally posted by cbizkit
That's my guess anyways, I'd hope that they're including additional weapons selections as well based on less-common configurations (I'd pay for quad 20mm's on a F6F-5!)

Not sure if that's a valid configuration but 2 20mm and 4 50s would be great and was a valid configuration.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
you will now be able to buy additional perk points with your credit card so you can always get that extra boost if you really want it.

You're kidding?

Regards,

hap

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 12:52:23 PM »
They should charge $5.99 for each additional squad member over a 12 player limit too

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2006, 12:57:33 PM »
It just means that in addition to charging perk points for perk planes, we can also charge perk points for ordnance.  How it will work is you will have to use your perk points to equip your plane.  Every rocket, bomb, and round of ammunition will cost perk points.  The more powerful something is, the more it will cost.  .50 caliber rounds will be a lot cheaper than 20mm rounds, but you do carry a lot more of them.  The cool thing is that if you score a hit with a round, you will not be charged for that round. So if you get really close and hit with all of your rounds, it won't cost you any extra perk points.  .30 caliber rounds will always be free so even if you run out of perk points, you can still fly a Spit I or Hurricane I.  Note that if you get shot down you will be charged for all the ordnance that was on the plane.  Another cool thing about this is that if you like the heavy weaponry but aren't such a good shot, you will now be able to buy additional perk points with your credit card so you can always get that extra boost if you really want it.

Intresting idea. How much will perk points cost? I would think you would sell them in batchs.
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
They should charge $5.99 for each additional squad member over a 12 player limit too

That's a great idea!  Glad I thought of it.:lol

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 01:12:12 PM »
be cool if u could sell ur perks to other players as well.. of course paying the ht tax which each transaction..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
be cool if u could sell ur perks to other players as well.. of course paying the ht tax which each transaction..

Now THERE'S an idea! We could sell our perks on eGay once they are transferrable too.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »
Kidding aside, perk ordnance is what it sounds like- the ability to charge perks for specific ordnance loadouts.  It means that instead of having the 1C as a separate plane, I can just make 20mm cannons a perked loadout on the 1D and save space.  Beyond that, we could offer up some more exotic weapon choices without fear of them overrunning the arenas or having to add separate planes to do them.  57mm on your Mossie, Tiny Tims on your Corsair, whatever.  We're not going to do nukes so forget about that.  I don't know when this will be done so don't ask.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »
It just means that in addition to charging perk points for perk planes, we can also charge perk points for ordnance.  How it will work is you will have to use your perk points to equip your plane.  Every rocket, bomb, and round of ammunition will cost perk points.  The more powerful something is, the more it will cost.  .50 caliber rounds will be a lot cheaper than 20mm rounds, but you do carry a lot more of them.  The cool thing is that if you score a hit with a round, you will not be charged for that round. So if you get really close and hit with all of your rounds, it won't cost you any extra perk points.  .30 caliber rounds will always be free so even if you run out of perk points, you can still fly a Spit I or Hurricane I.  Note that if you get shot down you will be charged for all the ordnance that was on the plane.  Another cool thing about this is that if you like the heavy weaponry but aren't such a good shot, you will now be able to buy additional perk points with your credit card so you can always get that extra boost if you really want it.

They would "Sprey and PAY":rofl

or  

Trailer park squad with watermelon loads of experience and skills gets arse handed to them by Lawyer squad.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I would imagine in this case, when you select the "D" you will be able to select the "all cannons" gun package, for a cost, and this will then turn the "D" into a "C" ... so no need to keep the "C" model as a separate object in the hangar.

Actually I believe the F4U-1C was an F4U-1A with cannons, not a D

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »

Pyro let down that Jack Daniels :)))

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »
Cool, when's this gonna happen?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalal a

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2006, 02:26:17 PM »
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalal a

And perfect avatar!:D
I am a spy!

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »
...laser guided 57mm on your Mossie, nuclear tipped Tiny Tims on your Corsair, whatever.  

ZzOMG!!!  :O