Author Topic: AH is loosing its essence  (Read 5002 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »
Originally posted by RDSaustinTX
Ok this morning in MW:

I upped an f4-1 off cv and cherry-picked the nit horde taking P14. Landed 9 kills.

Then upped 24's and killed the nit cv off P14. Landed all three.

Then upped a stuka, kilt 2 gvs and nicked 4 planes as they attempted to de-ack. Landed 6 kills.

While I'm confident this is 'flying right' to some people, only 1 of my squad stayed on and I didn't have much fun.

Switch squads ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2006, 04:31:29 PM »
my squad dindn't have number problems this morning on MWA :aok

Good playin btw Slapshot it was fun
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2006, 04:48:53 PM »
Originally posted by Noir
my squad dindn't have number problems this morning on MWA :aok

Good playin btw Slapshot it was fun

Yes it was !!! ... <>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2006, 07:42:03 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
:cry  

If you spent more time adapting and less time whining you would be teh best player eva~!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2006, 08:48:46 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I have not gone to EW/MW since the changes but i should imagine that base captures are almost impossible in there, unless you are a rook with double the numbers (as they often do in EW).

Not true ... In the last 2 days in MW, I have participated in at least 4 base captures that were successful ... they did require coordination and persistance and we did it without 30-40 people ... the most I saw on any of these captures was about 8-10 in the air and 4 or 5 on the ground.

These new ack changes have given a role to the GVs ... especially the Ostwind. I took one to two bases and completely de-acked the base from a safe distance, which helped when the air cover arrived.

yup, went there today when LW was either full or empty..

70 people on MW rooks(30) took 3 bases, and bish(27)took 4 within the 2hours i was there.. Couldnt really find any fights tho (i think most people was at TT), some guy was hugging his CV ack, and as soon as i got damaged by puffy he came out.... and i still nearly got the silly little idiot... as soon as i turned around he ho'ed and then run back to the cv. it was classic AH gameplay. no difference from before.

and you say about the GV war.... yeah its good when theres spawn points. but half of these AHI maps dont have GV spawns, except a select few bases. only SFMA seems to have a good all round setup for all types (fighter, bomber and gv). I love a good fight where all 3 parts of the game are in one place. Bombers hitting town, GV's clearing town, fighters clearing air... those sort of missions are great.

thats why i dont want TT's or FT's. Tanks should have maps that ALLOW them to be included in the fight. the reason we needed TT's is because of the poor design of some maps that basicaly come from a time when there wasnt GVS and spawn points wasnt thought of.

and well fighters can find fights anywhere on the map as long as the arena is populated.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »
Originally posted by megadud
If you spent more time adapting and less time whining you would be teh best player eva~!

where was i whining? did you miss the posts where i said how most of us have already learnt how to counter it? ive not whined ONCE about these changes.... i just have concerns that its only going to make the horde bigger... and thats a perfectly valid concern.

anyway maybe you should try posting something constructive. Of corse just editing posts like this:

:cry

then posting silly remarks makes you a right smart arse.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:57:47 PM by Overlag »

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2006, 09:00:43 PM »
Ok this morning in MW:

I upped an f4-1 off cv and cherry-picked the nit horde taking P14. Landed 9 kills.

Then upped 24's and killed the nit cv off P14. Landed all three.

Then upped a stuka, kilt 2 gvs and nicked 4 planes as they attempted to de-ack. Landed 6 kills.

While I'm confident this is 'flying right' to some people, only 1 of my squad stayed on and I didn't have much fun.

lol you musta been the same person flying a f6f hiding within the ack sheild.... then only got happy to enguage and HO as i got damaged by puffy flaks and started limping back to base.... or was that your mate or something?

knit horde.... LOL there was 12 knits on vs 27bish and 33rooks when i came on and thats when our cv had just gone down....hah

Offline Bayonett

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.ironcladempire.net
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2006, 10:03:41 PM »
Hello to all my fellow beta testers who pay to do so.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2006, 10:24:04 PM »
This is seriously screwed-up and getting worse. It makes anything but horde war pointless. As if furballers didn't have enough opportunities.

Can't stop the horde, so they make it worse.  :rolleyes:

I have known HT since he was a noob in AW DOS. He's a true enthusiast and a great programmer, but his gameplay intuition is on par with his spelling. We need somebody like Jon Barron to fix this.

Fuel got unporkable (hey that's realistic). Horde keeps fuel. Sneak attacks got impossible with base flashing (they that's realistic), so horde doesn't need to pay attention to other bases. ENY manipulation is fuggin insane and doesn't work, but we still got it. Now the field can't be attacked unless you're a horde. Can't stop the horde from taking fields unless you want to goon hunt under a horde. Boy that's fun.

IMO the arena split was not a bad idea (EW and MW have been a blast), but now try making a difference in any way with a EW plane. Pointless.

Graphics engine is a dog. Maps have been stale for years. GV model has never been good. Strat system is completely irrelevant. So HTC spends time doing this. Sheesh.

Tired of being engineered to fly the way a vocal group of furballers want me to. Some of us are here just to achieve some modest tactical success with a small group of good friends. Most of my squad (4-5 year vets) are ready to quit.

I have been enamored with online flight sims 18 years now, but this is getting too deep. Ridiculous amount of arbitrary klooge, stacked upon klooge, nicely frosted with klooge.

Was looking forward to a nice night w/ buds after a tough week. They all logged. Hope something good is on history channel.

Will start shopping the other sims tomorrow.  :(

RDS, you covered all the salient points exactly. Even though I've only been on AH for a little over 1 1/2 years, I've seen the overall game experience change dramitically, and not for the best IMO.

Much ot my dissatisfaction is not so much about what they change, but to what degree and/or how little they consider how the change interats overall.  I actually thought the multiple arenas a good idea, but they implemented too many, the ENY had a bad effect as they drastically limited the caps.  They were told this stuff early on, but ridiculed most of us (thumbed they're noses at us, more accurately), then later started raising the caps as we suggested as if it was their idea.

I do understand that some of things can oly be determined by experimentation, but HiTech is not good at listening to constructive critisism or managing that with it's customers.

As for the current update and change, I really don't mind the additional ack.  My squad looks at it as a challenge.  Seems kind of funny though, considering the previous round of changes actually limits squads and large numbers from getting together to take a base.  I've seen caps as low as 120 (for at least a short while) on the LW's.  With the new ack it will take all 40 players on a side to take a single base now (well almost).  

So WHAT is their overall strategy for the game?  Where the heck ARE they going, and do they even know?
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2006, 05:18:55 AM »
Where the heck ARE they going, and do they even know?

No comment, it will just get deleted anyway  :noid

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2006, 07:04:52 AM »
interats?  lol

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2006, 07:49:23 AM »

Well at least lets get it right -

Non furballers - Have adapted to game changes and to the 'new' type of gameplay.

Furballers - Wont adapt, want their own FT or arena, etc, etc ,etc. Certain ones have gone out of their way to ridicule and deride any other style of gameplay.

So who really is the problem, huh.

Current changes - Well jury is out.
More bugs than a backstreet Chinese restaurant.
How the hell some of them were not caught (skin cache/invis hills) before the patch was released is beyond belief.
Was expecting a lot more considering it's been over 5 months since the last one.

What is annoying -
No-one from HT staff posted about how to tempoarirly fix the screen freeze issue until a patch came out, instead it was left to us to figure it out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:00:31 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2006, 08:00:19 AM »
This seems very odd to me...

Very good furball in the MW last night... dozens of players.   Now, there were fluffer toolshedder win the war types doing everything they could to kill the FH's..  

Ok.. so they want to "win the war" and be part of the extremely complex brain surgery complex strat that is AH...  

Ok... I am getting that part...  

The grasshopper like furballers.. well, we were killing red planes.. that meant that we were down on the deck most of the time.. the new ack kept most from runway diving so it was lots of good low and mid alt fights.

That part I can understand too.  We like to furball.

What I can't understand was....  

Where were the toolshedders on our side that should be flying cap?

I know that the "strat" is perhaps too complex for me to grasp but that part seems pretty simple.. if you want to keep your bases then you need to fly cap right?   I mean... you can't "win the war" and the hawiian vacation unless you keep your bases right?

Anyone capping at 10k would have been in perfect position to kill the boring mouse wielding fluffers...  furballlers want to kill real opponents not the allmost all ai fluffs...  that should be left to the "strat" players right?

Or is strat in the game only suicide porking and milkrunning?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2006, 08:04:39 AM »
I guess some guys don't want to fly fighters is all.   Nothing wrong with that either I guess.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »
They could defend with other bombers.  A20's for instance.  But...

there were plenty flying fighters before... they just never defended... they straffed runways and radar.  Allways in the fastest and most powerfull planes... perfect for fluff hunting.

If there were as many real "strat" players as they all claim then it would be allmost impossible for a suicide fluff to get through.

I don't believe they care about the strat at all.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's