Author Topic: AH is loosing its essence  (Read 4988 times)

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2006, 12:30:57 PM »
selector i agree 100% and to u2 roach. it comes down to 1 thing. if you dont like the products you are paying for then quite. no amount of posting in here to be flamed will have any impact on HT. so its up to the paying customers to make there own decision. do you simpley keep paying for what you dont like or  cancel youre accounts. simple enough problems solved.

P.S yes i did quite the CM Team and after the pearl harbor scenario will be leaving AH.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »
LOL I LOVE this new ACK!!!!  It gives new life to my bombers!! :D

Befor my hi alt bombing runs seemed pointless because theere were always 10 on the deck lank dweebs hiting fields befor I could ever get there....  Now though the high alt aproach is almost all that works well. :)

The fighter guys will not like me much ummm, again because I find taking out the FH's is a good way to give our side time to work that killer ACK.:p

Edit:  as long as the screen freezes and funky view detail range problems are solved. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 01:01:13 PM by Flayed1 »
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2006, 01:06:17 PM »
The path of least resistance has become a little less least :)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »
I have heard a lot of complaints in the past that there is no cooperation or strategy in this game. Why is it then that a group of players playing together in a coordinated way with some strategy to capture bases gets the negative label "horde" ? The recent changes which make base capture more difficult simply forces the need for more cooperation, why is this seen by some as a negative thing? Base captures are either too easy or too difficult, you cant please everyone.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2006, 02:07:07 PM »
Get rid of all perk points and stuff like that, get rid of who landed what and scoring, Game play would be better than having 6% of the community cutting each others throat for that "Coveted" #1 spot that brings you...what?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
I have heard a lot of complaints in the past that there is no cooperation or strategy in this game. Why is it then that a group of players playing together in a coordinated way with some strategy to capture bases gets the negative label "horde" ? The recent changes which make base capture more difficult simply forces the need for more cooperation, why is this seen by some as a negative thing? Base captures are either too easy or too difficult, you cant please everyone.

STRATEGY, to me, isn't 20-30 pilots attacking an undefended field.

There is no strategy in the what so ever.

Now, if those same 20-30 put together a mission and hit a field that had 10-20 defenders...........
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2006, 02:15:43 PM »
Just so long as no one grumbles and sods off over what might be a big myth.   Losing customers due to a rumor is no good for anyone.

Besides, many companies do listen to their customers, which is why they are saying "Merry Christmas" this year at Wal-Mart.

Originally posted by belethch
selector i agree 100% and to u2 roach. it comes down to 1 thing. if you dont like the products you are paying for then quite. no amount of posting in here to be flamed will have any impact on HT. so its up to the paying customers to make there own decision. do you simpley keep paying for what you dont like or  cancel youre accounts. simple enough problems solved.

P.S yes i did quite the CM Team and after the pearl harbor scenario will be leaving AH.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
the game has changed into a jerking screen freezing bug ridden invisable hill generating poor excuse for a game

That's just plain false SELECTOR.  

Regards,

hap

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »
Ok, Merry Christmas roach.  Better?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2006, 03:46:45 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
...snip...
The recent changes which make base capture more difficult simply forces the need for more cooperation, why is this seen by some as a negative thing? Base captures are either too easy or too difficult, you cant please everyone.

From the mouths of new guys....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
Today is my first day of the new patch.  Your all posting about acks like it's a big deal.  Err it ain't.  Towns has 2 extra acks and the fields have more mannables......big deal.  There is NO extra auto acks on the fields.  There is NO puffy acks .  There is no problem here because we'll get to know where all the mannables are.  Just as we did with fields prior to this patch.  Use rockets a little more often is my advise.  Now...  mannable 5 Inch woulda been summut to moan about   :D

F4U1A is kinda groovy
New tracer is groovy to

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »
the changes will just encourage an even bigger horde.
Exactly the thing HTC implemented all the changes to get rid of. :noid

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
thats what im thinking too hammy...

but its the reasoning why.

people dont defend, but whine about it... so hitech had to put more AI defence in. do you blame them though? its not HTC's fault.. its the people. Maybe its the "wrong way" to go.... i dunno. i think the Ack is probably just about right now.... but its giving people reasons NOT to defend (ie FIGHT). If the fields had only manables, and very few of them, people would up defencive flights BEFORE any attack even reached dar range. VMF323 used to go out on these sort of defencive caps. we would wing up, and fly along the front line killing anything that moved (i died mostly, but its still fun). I RARELY see anything like that these days. If it isnt attacking a base, it doesnt happen.

if this was a massive large friendly gameing arena do you think we would have ever needed the cut to 200 people?

my only gripe now is:

1: same small maps over and over again....and the new one is terrible (the way i see it). I miss trinity. i miss festama (although the strat layout was bad on festa)

2: if LW1 is at cap during the day (UK DAY) then theres no game to play. 10 EW, 20MW, 200LW1 (full) and 10LW2 is NOT fun. Which is why, i log on early in the morning, and keep it AFK all day flying buffs and coming back every 30minutes or so. Kinda like reserveing my slot in the arena.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 09:23:08 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2006, 10:03:44 PM »
Yes.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2006, 11:37:46 PM »
This is seriously screwed-up and getting worse. It makes anything but horde war pointless. As if furballers didn't have enough opportunities.

Can't stop the horde, so they make it worse.  :rolleyes:

I have known HT since he was a noob in AW DOS. He's a true enthusiast and a great programmer, but his gameplay intuition is on par with his spelling. We need somebody like Jon Barron to fix this.

Fuel got unporkable (hey that's realistic). Horde keeps fuel. Sneak attacks got impossible with base flashing (they that's realistic), so horde doesn't need to pay attention to other bases. ENY manipulation is fuggin insane and doesn't work, but we still got it. Now the field can't be attacked unless you're a horde. Can't stop the horde from taking fields unless you want to goon hunt under a horde. Boy that's fun.

IMO the arena split was not a bad idea (EW and MW have been a blast), but now try making a difference in any way with a EW plane. Pointless.

Graphics engine is a dog. Maps have been stale for years. GV model has never been good. Strat system is completely irrelevant. So HTC spends time doing this. Sheesh.

Tired of being engineered to fly the way a vocal group of furballers want me to. Some of us are here just to achieve some modest tactical success with a small group of good friends. Most of my squad (4-5 year vets) are ready to quit.

I have been enamored with online flight sims 18 years now, but this is getting too deep. Ridiculous amount of arbitrary klooge, stacked upon klooge, nicely frosted with klooge.

Was looking forward to a nice night w/ buds after a tough week. They all logged. Hope something good is on history channel.

Will start shopping the other sims tomorrow.  :(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:41:08 PM by RDSaustinTX »