Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4640 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
The point is, the V-bases at TT are not needed to win the map and never have been.  It is only one base per country there.  It didn't matter in the old system or the new one or the new-new one!  Anyone whoever told you that those 2(the opposing chess pieces) V-bases were needed for the reset is not being honest to you!  Let me state that I am not a big GV'er type.  I do know that map is very popular with many inthe community because no matter who was winning the map you could still log in and fight in tanks!  People who look at that map and decide to take the V-bases in TT are either newbs or griefers!  Now, the question is, "Is Dredger a newb or a griefer?" :aok

See that's where you are wrong, while the V bases might not be a strategic target, as much as say an A base is on TT, but one thing is very certain. "Every" base captured is important to winning the game. Because it's about the percentages as far as winning the war goes.

I honestly see nothing wrong with leaving the V bases till last but in all honesty no matter what I think or anyone else things, if there is a enemy base next door. Well someone is going to attack it.  That and it's not like the other teams wouldn't use the V bases to do ground attacks on the A bases. So leaving them alone for the sake of letting the GV's have the TT would never work and I'm sure you know it.

So personally I don't see why more people don't just support making TT un capable. This way the war winners can attack bases and run missions around the outer parts of the map. Then the GV's and FB's could play in the center.

So IMO in stead of directing the hate at us for trying to win, why not use that energy to get things changed for the better?
"strafing"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Winning TT Map
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
All the no caps are on the mainland bases. How are you going to get around those? This is what we were trying to explain if you read back a few posts.

Maybe under the 80/40/40 set up as it is now TT might not be as imporant, but IMO I still think in order to get 40% from each country I think TT will likely need to be captured. At least the A bases.

Then take the A-bases and leave the v-bases alone.  What is so hard to understand about that?  The V-bases are not needed for the reset.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
Skyrock,

Nope, wrong again, TT map unwinnable under 50/50 system without TT as we've turned blue in the face trying to explain to you and ur minions.  Thats why HiTech changed it...get a clue dude.

Now the question is Dredger a newb or a griefer

This is Skyrocks tactic on bb, thrust, perry and obfuscate.

yip yip, yap yap, yip yip, yap yap

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2007, 05:20:49 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger

Nope, wrong again, TT map unwinnable under 50/50 system without TT as we've turned blue in the face trying to explain to you and ur minions.  

I'm curious why those 2 enemy bases would have made the map unwinnable, if only 50% were needed then surely those 2 enemy vehicle bases shouldn't pose a problem for the reset.

There should be a better reason than just being too lazy to go around it. I'm with Karaya on announcing when a mission is launched to try to take TT, I would also do it if i were online.

This same argument has been played out countless times with the FT map and it generally is just a group deciding that griefing other players enjoyment is fun...you can color it and spin it all you want but griefing is griefing.

just my $0.02

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
That is EXACTLY what is going on

Yawn.

Betty quotes Crockett on this post I made, ignores my point, and belabors the issue by arguing against someone elses opinion.  Karaya is mocked by rooks left and right last night and still won't give it up, like a dog with a bone.  And of course, is simply beside himself on how much he agrees with Betty.

Andy Rooney did piece on people who say 'exactly' all the time.  It isn't really that a person said something exactly, it is that you just agree with them in general and use 'exactly' to reinforce your own belief.

Left and Right?   Wow, Crockett (in game ID strafing), 0nline, Jaminess (those two challenged all of rookland to a duel and wouldn't duel me or anyone else) and YOU.   Wow, amazing, only 150+ Rooks were also on last night.   So when will the lies from you stop?   Bj, SkyRock, and a few other's were on last night.   I think the mirror you're standing in front of, is broken.      

I've been playing longer than you.   A fact that will never change.   You're new name LCA #2.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
I'm curious why those 2 enemy bases would have made the map unwinnable, if only 50% were needed then surely those 2 enemy vehicle bases shouldn't pose a problem for the reset

DaPup, I guess if you don't believe me, maybe read LYNX's post on this.  And I will concede, mathematically speaking, a win could be achieved on the 50/50 scenario w/o winning TT, however unlikely.  Bish dominated this map this TOD and never won it.  (HTC changed the 50/50 this so it's really a moot point anyway, and by virtue of changing it reinforced my arguement)

I've been playing longer than you

Karaya, lol, so what.  Is that supposed to mean something to me?  There were huge numbers defending 22 after we took it, and the vbase later.  Why is that do you suppose?  ur clueless.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:43:51 PM by DREDger »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
So leaving them alone for the sake of letting the GV's have the TT would never work and I'm sure you know it.

It has and will continue to work!

So IMO in stead of directing the hate at us
It has and will continue to work!

Hate????  Lol, I am just defending what is honorable about this game and that is leaving certain areas out of the "win the war" race!  Idon't know how long you have been playing, but there are different arenas you can go to to try and reset the map.  If TT center island map is up and folks try to capture the V-bases on it, they will always be seen as griefers and will lose out in the long run everytime!  I just logged out of Orange and the TT map is still up, so all You guys did was ruin the fun for someone who might have limited time to play and loves the TT GV battles!  In other words, you are griefers!  People who think their Idea is greater than the multi-player scheme!  If I am on and I see someone trying to take TT V-bases or FT bases, I will change countries and help stop it by spying or whatever is needed to keep the fun from being interrupted!  I know there are many with the same mentality as me about it so keep on griefing bro, we'll be there to stomp you out! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2007, 06:15:57 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Left and Right?   Wow, Crockett (in game ID strafing), 0nline, Jaminess (those two challenged all of rookland to a duel and wouldn't duel me or anyone else) and YOU.   Wow, amazing, only 150+ Rooks were also on last night.   So when will the lies from you stop?   Bj, SkyRock, and a few other's were on last night.   I think the mirror you're standing in front of, is broken.      

I've been playing longer than you.   A fact that will never change.   You're new name LCA #2.

Umm challenging duels W.T.H. are you talking about? Can you at least argue about something that I can figure out what you are even complaining about? Also who lied to who about what? I think I must have missed an episode in the soap opera.
"strafing"

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Question

What prize do you "WIN"  for the glorious rest that that your $15 goes for ?

Bronk

The right to type "neener,neener" on 200 before the map changes?

Looking back on my time in AH, I remember when I was all about base captures, winning the war, and the 30 points, a real sense of accomplishment. Not so sure why anymore, trying to remember. Nowadays, with 1000's of points and a total sense of boredom floating over a base watching everyone vulch, I rarely participate in base captures or even think about "winning the war". I really only look forward to fights and find fun there.

I would almost bet the "win the war" types are the newer guys, or guys that don't play often. Anyway, the only response that means anything is to beat them in the game, by taking and holding the island with the bish. You'll never win on the board, Dredge and crew probably only have more resolve now to continue doing what they are doing. Maybe after a few years of playing these guys might feel differently, maybe not, but it's sure not going to change right now.

There's been lots of tards come and go over the years, there's lots more otw, these are just the tards of today. No big deal.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:20:25 PM by kj714 »

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2007, 07:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
The point is, the V-bases at TT are not needed to win the map and never have been.  It is only one base per country there.  It didn't matter in the old system or the new one or the new-new one!  Anyone whoever told you that those 2(the opposing chess pieces) V-bases were needed for the reset is not being honest to you!  Let me state that I am not a big GV'er type.  I do know that map is very popular with many inthe community because no matter who was winning the map you could still log in and fight in tanks!  People who look at that map and decide to take the V-bases in TT are either newbs or griefers!  Now, the question is, "Is Dredger a newb or a griefer?" :aok

5 things here SkyRock that you really should absorb but firstly may I request you go read my post the last one on page 2.  It will help with the explanations.

1) This map has been up close on a month now a lot of folk growing tiered.
2) Bish tried but couldn't win this map even with numbers and good strat players "off peak".

3) One TT V-base was indeed left up when we had it's supporting AIR-field.  Your idea was tried and didn't work because Bish used that V-base to support their attack on the support field.  GV's made it to the field and town along with loads of Bish air force.  The support field was lost.:rolleyes:

4)  It's close on impossible to jump past those uncapturables without pushing from the centre out under the 50 50 scheme.  I hope you have read and understood the post I requested you to read.
5)  Capture system has now been changed.  Everyone now is debating the past or the fact "if your Auntie had...blah blah".

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
these are just the tards of today

kj714:
Well, let me see.....hmmmm.

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

I think you're a tard...how about that!!  :p

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »
NEENER, NEENER!!0!!!11!!!!

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
Winning TT Map
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
Ok, I admit, I'm a Dredger Twit. I love the guys missions and I couldn't agree more. IF the maps were rotating in proper form I am sure TT would not be under as much fire. No, I am not a GV'r but that doesn't mean that I am not understanding to their way of enjoying the game. On the other hand, the game to include the TT map was set up for,  he who has the most bases wins. Come on guys, we have had the TT map for how long now?

I don't understand how you can fault a guy who intends to play the game the way it was created. Dredger is taking his fair advantage (which we all have) to capture every enemy base in whatever way the game was devised to allow him to do so.

I for one was excited to see something different on a map we have had week after week after week. Congrats Dredger.

If you want to gripe about tt bases being taken then send it to Hitech.  There is no good in beating on a fellow AH player because he is not playing the game the way you want him to. If the bases are set up for non capture then thats the way it will be played.

In the mean time, give the guy his due fellas, If Hitech puts wings on tanks I'm not going to beat you up over it.

Rock on Dredger. I'll fly your missions. Lets win the map and move on to something, anything, different.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Winning TT Map
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2007, 03:34:14 PM »
Geez, I thought it was obvious...

The reason the v-bases in the center of NDISLES get steamrolled so often is that GV fields are so easy to take. Perhaps HT should add towns and ack comparable to the airfields. Oh but wait...that would be peeing in the "win the war" griefers' pool. We can't have that....or can we? :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »
Aces High, a flight sim.

How things have changed.

Back in the day it was about the planes strat and plane vs plane performance.

These days its all about keeping free the GV TT quake game and spawn camping. Can I assume it's difficult for this crop of players to grasp ACM and that is why TT quake is the priority?

Just an opinion/observation.