Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4641 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Again as I said from the start.. If they can't be bothered to help out then I could care less if they lose TT or not. If taking TT helps us win as it sure looks like it is. Then I'll continue to help cap TT bases or any other base.

Simple fact of the matter is if HT didn't want them captured, then they wouldn't be able to be captured. So complain as you will personally I don't car because if it can be capped then I'll attack it.

seems to me....and i could b wrong..but its seems that your sayin that..either the gv'rs help you do your silly lil base captures or else they can't have no gv fun. and it also seems to me that your tryin to control the furballers and make them help you do your silly lil base caps also....now...IMHO...if that is what you r tryin to achieve in you way of game play is to make ppl do what u want or u take ur ball and go home..i personally think that you should prolly pay for their accounts on here also.

what u dont realize is that ppl pay to play this game the way they want..so what..ur a base capture dweeb..and i'm ok wit that. but dont ruin everyone else's fun. gv'rs r gv'rs and furballers r furballers. thats y we pay our 14.95 a month to play.  i have ran many missions, and almost every mission i ever did we would take 2 to 3 bases one right after another. if ppl want to help you with ur base caps, then they will. u can lead a horse to water but u can't make him drink.

just my 2 cents
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »
Originally posted by betty
seems to me....and i could b wrong..but its seems that your sayin that..either the gv'rs help you do your silly lil base captures or else they can't have no gv fun. and it also seems to me that your tryin to control the furballers and make them help you do your silly lil base caps also....now...IMHO...if that is what you r tryin to achieve in you way of game play is to make ppl do what u want or u take ur ball and go home..i personally think that you should prolly pay for their accounts on here also.

That is EXACTLY what is going on.  They keep dodging it, let em run their missions, they're ostracizing themselves more than they think they "aren't".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
That is EXACTLY what is going on.  They keep dodging it, let em run their missions, they're ostracizing themselves more than they think they "aren't".

Yea all they need now is to grab every 2 week noob so they can have a multi wing squad.

Then get a catchy  squad name like  Loose Cann.......................

Wait, all thats been done before my bad.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »
That is EXACTLY what is going on

Yawn.

Betty quotes Crockett on this post I made, ignores my point, and belabors the issue by arguing against someone elses opinion.  Karaya is mocked by rooks left and right last night and still won't give it up, like a dog with a bone.  And of course, is simply beside himself on how much he agrees with Betty.

Andy Rooney did piece on people who say 'exactly' all the time.  It isn't really that a person said something exactly, it is that you just agree with them in general and use 'exactly' to reinforce your own belief.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Yea all they need now is to grab every 2 week noob so they can have a multi wing squad.

Then get a catchy  squad name like  Loose Cann.......................

Wait, all thats been done before my bad.

Bronk

Long live the DTTBB!   (Dredgers Tank Town Base Boi's!):rofl

BB(Base boi)- Cpt DREDger sir, how do we win the war?
DREDger- Let me look at the map!
BB- yes sir!
DREDger- Well, it looks like the easiest way to get a few bases is to
                take those easy V-bases in the middle!
BB- But that's where everyone who likes to GV hangs out and has fun sir!
DREDger- If you want to stay in my squad, you better shut ur piehole and
                take those TT V-bases!  It is much too hard to take the outer
                bases where planes might be defending them!
BB- Roger sir!  But I used to be a GV'er and I never liked it when someone
                tried to take the TT V-bases!
DREDger- THats it!  YOu're fired, now pack your things up and get out
                of my squad!  Wait, leave the blow up doll I loaned you!
:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2007, 04:09:26 PM »
Now that's a SkyRock  own!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2007, 04:14:43 PM »
Maybe I'm a little too simple about this, but if you don't like the TT map, why not just log into the other arena?

IMHO Dredger, in spite of your defense of you and your buddies actions, you are being a horses arse.

However, it is your $15.95 so play on. If HT made up parameters and rules for every situation to control gameplay the game would cease to be fun. The logical community answer to Dredger and his rook friends play is simply to run the rooks off of TT island whenever they are on it until they stop doing what they are doing. If the community can't or won't take the time to correct the situation themselves it's their own fault as well.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Winning TT Map
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
I don't buy it.

From what I saw you rooks took the island and stopped at that.  I did not see any push "outward" after the island was taken.

Why not just take the air bases on the island and leave the v-bases alone?  You could still push the fight outward as you say with no threat from the inside v-bases.

All and all I don't buy your justification for taking the entire island.  But if it makes you feel better...

Oh dear...I'm in agreement with a Bop about somethin:O   Although it's not normally within me to criticise Lynx...Still cant be convinced that the 3 v-bases need to go. The air bases.....mebbe--but if 1 country owns them all...endless griefers egging the gv's with no opposition. (Saddam found out what ground operations with no air support looks like)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2007, 04:19:31 PM »
Long live the DTTBB!

:lol

Still missing the point? oh well, it's like communicating with two year olds who can write.

Notice nothing substantive from the penut gallery  
:rofl

you are being a horses arse

uhh, hmm....how about 'jo mamaaaa':rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:24:11 PM by DREDger »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
Originally posted by betty

what u dont realize is that ppl pay to play this game the way they want..so what..ur a base capture dweeb..and i'm ok wit that. but dont ruin everyone else's fun. gv'rs r gv'rs and furballers r furballers. thats y we pay our 14.95 a month to play.  i have ran many missions, and almost every mission i ever did we would take 2 to 3 bases one right after another. if ppl want to help you with ur base caps, then they will. u can lead a horse to water but u can't make him drink.

just my 2 cents

I'm not going to continue to argue the same mute point over and over..

Read this very closely I know it maybe confusing but I'll spell it out and this will be the last time I explain the same thing.

Again as I said from the start.. If they can't be bothered to help out then I could care less if they lose TT or not. If taking TT helps us win as it sure looks like it is. Then I'll continue to help cap TT bases or any other base.

What I am saying is I could care less about TT, it makes no difference to me if people fly there or drive tanks there. Hell I fly there pretty often as I do both base caps and furballs.. I like to do both.

"However" I do like to win the map. So my overal goal is to win, and I spend my $15 bucks to win.

So when I said what I said about TT, what I mean is this:

If TT is a needed in order to win the map, then I'm going to help take it. Under the system we were under you needed to own it to win. With that said, I'm not trying to take TT just to ruin anyones fun, I'm helping take it because I want to win. See that's my fun "winning" or at least giving it a hard try.

So being several of the GV'ers don't care about helping out on the rest of the map, it doesn't hurt my feelings if they lose TT in the course of us winning the map. So just like they might not care if we lose the rest of the map, I don't care if they lose TT if it helps us win.

So there it goes nice and simple..

If TT bases = winning the game  

Then I = attacking TT bases.

It might be selfish, but then again isn't telling us we can't attack TT in order to win the game pretty selfish?

So again I vote for moving all the uncapable bases to TT then everyone can be happy. Not trying to be an arus but I think I've explanined the same thing a few times.
"strafing"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »
How about bypassing the low-hanging fruit and going for a mainland base?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2007, 04:36:21 PM »
I still fail to understand why some players are less skilled than the players unable to defend their assets.

Btw if something  can be bombed or captured it will happen,get over it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »

"However" I do like to win the map. So my overal goal is to win, and I spend my $15 bucks to win.

Question

What prize do you "WIN"  for the glorious rest that that your $15 goes for ?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »

If TT is a needed in order to win the map

The point is, the V-bases at TT are not needed to win the map and never have been.  It is only one base per country there.  It didn't matter in the old system or the new one or the new-new one!  Anyone whoever told you that those 2(the opposing chess pieces) V-bases were needed for the reset is not being honest to you!  Let me state that I am not a big GV'er type.  I do know that map is very popular with many inthe community because no matter who was winning the map you could still log in and fight in tanks!  People who look at that map and decide to take the V-bases in TT are either newbs or griefers!  Now, the question is, "Is Dredger a newb or a griefer?" :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
How about bypassing the low-hanging fruit and going for a mainland base?

All the no caps are on the mainland bases. How are you going to get around those? This is what we were trying to explain if you read back a few posts.

Maybe under the 80/40/40 set up as it is now TT might not be as imporant, but IMO I still think in order to get 40% from each country I think TT will likely need to be captured. At least the A bases.
"strafing"