Author Topic: AH mentors...  (Read 10898 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »
i phear wadke in most planes, i think hes haxx0r

:mad:
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
AH mentors...
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »
Originally posted by Wadke
Tw9 pwns Me :noid

Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i agree, i think hes haxx0r

:mad:

:aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »
SkyRock<--owns TW9 and Wadke at same time!  heee heee:aok

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
SkyRock<--owns many purses

:noid

:p :D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
I've figured the game out pretty much on my own.  But i have trained with mostly shane and frenchy.  Those are probably the only two people i would consider "mentors."  Shane although he comes off as a jerk is actually the MOST helpfull trainer in the game.  He will go out of his way to email you films and go to the DA and many things like that.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
This may be off base but I wana say it anyway....

A short while ago bohdi wrote a very simular post directed at myself.  It upset me.  Actually it flat out hurt my feelings.  I started to write a flame back at him and as I was writing it I thought "Why did this upset me so much?"  Then the lightbulb went off......

Although some of what he posted was nonsense, some of it was spot on true.  Thats why it hurt.  I thought about it for a good long while and I realized something.  I had tied my "identity" to how others viewed me in the game/community.  Its an insecurity really.  i.e. "I wont feel good about myself until others in the game tell me how great i am". Believe it or not I didnt realize I was doing it.  Not until I was honest with myself.

After I identified the real issue correcting it was easy.  Ergo, when you approach the game not trying to impress everyone the game is alot more fun and stress free.  Having the right attitude is liberating really.  

So BK's ...... you were right.  The game really is taken way to seriously.  I am embaressed that I didnt see that sooner.

I was in the DA with SkyRock the other night.  With my new found knowledge (power) over the AH "situation" I totally defused any tension or competition by telling him right off the bat."you are a better pilot than me"  Is he a better pilot than me?  It really doesnt matter.  However once I said that to him he no longer had to "prove" to me that he was. I was then free to win or lose and have no issues or episodes.  

Is entertaining for me at this point watching others behavior in the game, on  200 and in here.  Because now I see right through that type of thing.

I guess thats all.

Dave

you just summed up the problems with social interaction the world over, well done nomak.

when people learn to be themself, and the opinions of others be damned, they will realise that others respect thier individuality, no matter how bizzare and different one individual might be.

impress yourself with your abilities, and others will notice it in you, but you will realise you dont care if they notice it or not...

try to impress others before you have impressed yourself, and no one will be impressed, no matter how hard you try.

S! dave, thanks for sharing yourself with us.

PS: YUCCA is a hacker, i dont think ive ever beaten him.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hawk8th

• Zinc Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2007, 08:42:55 AM »
ehh i don't remenber i havent played in so long but Doobie-Air8th-Vaulcan1-and more but i forgot sorry =\

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:15 AM »
I can't pass up this chance to mention how incredibly helpful Shane has been to me.  Like a lot of people, I could not understand some of the crazy taunts that he would blurt out in the MA.  He seemed like a complete ego hungry self centered person to me.  When he first helped me, I was just another wandering target to shoot at, no different than a discarded aluminum can on the side of the road, just waiting for the inevitable bullet holes.  Why should Shane treat me any differently than the people he was mercelessly harrassing on the open channel in the MA?  Well, having fallen to his guns too many times I ventured to ask him for some advice, and he was happy to interrupt his latest string of taunts, and switch over to the DA with me.  

In the DA, we flew sortie after sortie in different planes with the same result over and over, yet he never tired or gave any hint he was running out of ideas to help me.  I have never had someone so patient, helpful and determined, to spend time like this with me in AH.  He was truly a most helpful instructor, and it was a complete shock to me that there would be even an ounce of interest in helping me to improve my skills.  After several pounds of determined interest, we finally parted ways.  However, I followed this up a couple of times in the DA when I caught him there helping someone else.  He was always friendly and helpfull.  

Somehow, I viewed his taunts in the MA a bit differently after this.  They seemed more humerous and amusing than they did before.  I am not sure if it excuses all of the comments he has ever made in the MA, but it does for me.  Thanks Shane.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by TracerX
I can't pass up this chance to mention how incredibly helpful Shane has been to me.  Like a lot of people, I could not understand some of the crazy taunts that he would blurt out in the MA.  He seemed like a complete ego hungry self centered person to me.  When he first helped me, I was just another wandering target to shoot at, no different than a discarded aluminum can on the side of the road, just waiting for the inevitable bullet holes.  Why should Shane treat me any differently than the people he was mercelessly harrassing on the open channel in the MA?  Well, having fallen to his guns too many times I ventured to ask him for some advice, and he was happy to interrupt his latest string of taunts, and switch over to the DA with me.  

In the DA, we flew sortie after sortie in different planes with the same result over and over, yet he never tired or gave any hint he was running out of ideas to help me.  I have never had someone so patient, helpful and determined, to spend time like this with me in AH.  He was truly a most helpful instructor, and it was a complete shock to me that there would be even an ounce of interest in helping me to improve my skills.  After several pounds of determined interest, we finally parted ways.  However, I followed this up a couple of times in the DA when I caught him there helping someone else.  He was always friendly and helpfull.  

Somehow, I viewed his taunts in the MA a bit differently after this.  They seemed more humerous and amusing than they did before.  I am not sure if it excuses all of the comments he has ever made in the MA, but it does for me.  Thanks Shane.

SkyRock<---owns TracerX!  hee heee  I agree with you!  Shane and his comments on 200 as well as his DA helpfulness are Classic!  I mean, come on, who doesn't remember Shane's castrati statements!  I still laugh thinking about it!  One time we were both flying F4u-1's to a fight and we started mock dogfighting on the way there, ended up having more fun than the eventual gang tard convention we ran into!
:aok Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline nexus69

• Copper Member
      • http://www.708th.com
AH mentors...
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
The BG'S!!

BGSAM
FOXBG
BGTazz

A bunch of great guys!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »
Stayin' Alive was my favorite BG's song:D

Offline mef4ud

• Zinc Member
Re: AH mentors...
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
Just a few here:

MEF4UD
MtnMan
Spook/Creton
KOOL
Gooss
Balsy
Sniper
Bighorn/Airvent
Dedalos
Wetrat
ManeTMP
Hemp
Kermit
Shane
yayyyy
Wldthing
Nomak
Wax
ElevenK
Stang
616fubar

and many I'm leaving out!  But I learned something from them all!

Not quite sure what I did to be on the top of this list.  There are some GREAT sticks here.  I know this post is a year late (from start of thread), but it is an honor to be listed with such illustrious company.  :salute

As for who was my mentor.  The first person that took me up and let me follow him around (although I think he was using me as bait.) was COACH.  I am sure he does not remember, but he used to tell me to get the HELL out of the F4U and fly a easy (read: Dweeb Plane) to start off.  I tried the whole Spit thing, but could not stay away from the BIG BLUE MONSTER!  OK I admit it: Hello my name is MEF4UD and I am a F4U addict.  It has been 30 mins since my last kill and I NEED ANOTHER!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:38:12 AM by mef4ud »
Proud Flyer of the F4U's since tour 36.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:30 AM »
Since this tread has been brought back from the dead ill add mine.

SkyRock
m00t
Kappa
Scotch
WaX
Bearkats
Fester
ElevenK
SHawk
Levi
FX1
Nomde

so many more

:salute to all those guys
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »
This thread is how old now?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline miglord

• Zinc Member
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2008, 01:11:11 AM »
i really didnt get any help except from the rooks who always had my back but nothing one to one really ive learned from mistakes but to all those rooks that had my back and helped me thank you