Author Topic: Pelosi now thinks she is the president.  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Pelosi now thinks she is the president.
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

It seems to me that Pelosi has decided that she is the defacto president of the US...

As far I was aware, the constitution provides the president with the ability to send in troops for 90 days before requiring an act of congress to continue.

Plu, if a foreign nation was supporting combat against our troops and more than likely using it's agents to engage our forces, than I would think that easily falls into a reason for the president to enact that 90 day period.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
Iran is currently at odds with the UN and several other countries in general

If we were to take our troops and place them near the boarder to stop the influx of arms and insurgants from Iran I am all for it.

If we are going to cross the boarder and go into Iran I am dead set against it. This would be a really really bad move on the part of the US and may just be what Iran wants to happen.

Attacking Iran is not currently in our national interests. It has very little of anything we want or need at this point in time and going in there would mean a quagmire that would make Iraq and Vietnam look like a cakewalk.

We took and are taking care of Iraq.

Let France, Germany and the others deal with Iran

If we go into Iran we may enjoy some initial success but in the end we will loose. We have neither the troops, the material nor the funds for an extended operation in Iran
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

Like that would ever happen.  France would rather sell it's collective soul to the devil then fight, or risk losing a possible financial deal, even if it has to be one in violation of UN resolutions or world opinion, and they would be happy to do it under the table to make a buck.

Germany isn't much better anymore.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »
I'm curious just what Pelosi and her supporters think their message to the troops is?  

To me, she sounds like this....please insert the Scooby-Doo-Dream sound effect...

"We're for you, but we won't support you...because we're so focused on doing anything to embarass the President....we're really sorry about that, we do support you...we just do not beleive in the mission.  We know we demanded the President to send more troops...and, by golly, he agreed....and we just can't be seen AGREEING with the President.  You follow, right?  Again, we're sorry"

:confused:

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 07:27:34 PM »
the british are setting up road blocks on the iraq-iran border, don't you people read the news?

oh and the iraq troops are going to close the Syria border.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
Gotta love this board.  Would have to listen to hours of talking heads and endless commercials on TV to get to the summaries it takes only a few seconds to glean here.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
I just hope it gets worse before it gets better. Anyone responsible for voting this class of morons in should have to suffer a little. I mean that in a good way.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
I'm curious just what Pelosi and her supporters think their message to the troops is?  

The Pelosi types worry more about what the voters think then the troops.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
the british are setting up road blocks on the iraq-iran border, don't you people read the news?

oh and the iraq troops are going to close the Syria border.

Something I said should have been done on the second day in Iraq.

Golly-geen it's hard being this good.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

Like they "dealt with the Oil for Food Program"?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 09:19:36 PM »
I don't know what's worse....this....or the fact that they spent an entire day debating a resolution that does absolutly nothing.

You get what you pay for.

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 09:32:44 PM »
As it is, they are combating the Republicans more than the enemy of the USA.

They want Bush to look bad so much they want us to lose the war to punish him.  If we win the war, they look bad.

If we are attacked again they will look very very bad.
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 09:47:40 PM »
..but in the end we will loose. We have neither the troops, the material nor the funds for an extended operation in Iran

I think we have plenty of bombs and missiles for Iran and Syria. Fought correctly, there would be no need for boots on the ground ...

but Iran now knows all it would take are the right grisly pictures on the evening news, and big bad america will turn tail and run, just like the left is trying to get us to do in Iraq ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »
just like the left is trying to get us to do in Iraq
====
If it wasn't for the piss poor leadership of George Bush in Iraq we wouldn't be losing anything.  Don't misunderstand me, I supported the campaign into Iraq and I had every confidence in the civilian leadership and the military intelligence.  The current assessment however has me flat out wrong and it angers me to no end.  Bush has been totally incompetent in the handling of this Iraq affair.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 01:10:36 AM »
Holy Cow, Yeager! That was an excellent post! Beware, you will be hating the troops and french kissing the insurgents if you post anything like that again.

BTW, anyone read this weeks TIME? Excellent article on Bush and Iran.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.