Author Topic: Pelosi now thinks she is the president.  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Pelosi now thinks she is the president.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 05:36:19 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
BTW, anyone read this weeks TIME? Excellent article on Bush and Iran.

in TIME? I'm sure it is unbias too .. LOL
Yeager
hindsight is 20/20. You still haven't posted any links stating you were against the decisions in Iraq as they were being made, only years after the fact in hindsight are you finding flaws like the left lead media has done. Yep, you are holding hands with Nancy, Ted and Kerry now.. enjoy your Bush Bashing love hug sir.
I don't think we have lost the war until we run from it which is exactly what the left wants so that they can then state that Bush screwed the pooched ... as stated in the responses above, the left are willing to sacrifice the troops and the war and IMO the security of this country in order to make Bush look like a failure
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 06:02:47 AM »
If Al Queda is not in Iraq, why are their leaders being shot in Iraq?
If Al Queda is in Iraq, why do we want to leave Iraq before killing every one of them?

Google images 9-11

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 06:25:02 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
I just hope it gets worse before it gets better. Anyone responsible for voting this class of morons in should have to suffer a little. I mean that in a good way.

I'm sure the troops and the rest of the country appreciate your sentiment.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:31 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
I'm sure the troops and the rest of the country appreciate your sentiment.

I'm sure they don't, but I didn't contribute to putting this group of morons into the congress and senate, and the effects of that will be much worse than my sardonic quip. Save your ire for them.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:18:31 AM by BTW »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »
Originally spat by Dago

Germany isn't much better anymore.

Ach ya... ze gut old times... how ve miss zem!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 09:41:53 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
just like the left is trying to get us to do in Iraq
====
If it wasn't for the piss poor leadership of George Bush in Iraq we wouldn't be losing anything.  Don't misunderstand me, I supported the campaign into Iraq and I had every confidence in the civilian leadership and the military intelligence.  The current assessment however has me flat out wrong and it angers me to no end.  Bush has been totally incompetent in the handling of this Iraq affair.

Bush's main fault in the war was allowing the press into the country.

The democrats are more responsible for the insurgent issue than anyone else.  There flip flopping back and forth on the war, trying to set time lines for withdrawals, and consistent resistence in everything to do with prosecuting the war is criminal and has done more to support the terrorists than anything they could ever hope for...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
I dunno...   we got two good supreme court justices for a change... we got some good anti lawsuit bills passed that kept the firearms industry from being the liberals new horn-0-plenty and we got some dumb ones repealed...  the troops aren't whining about being there..

In hindsight...  we could have handled the aftermath of the ousting of the sadman better but...  who knows?  none of us had to send troops or analyze the data.    

There was no good solution...  none.   Every solution would have caused problems.   The democrats are professional critics... so is their toady the press.

No matter how the situation would have been handled Bush would have been demonzied and...  no matter what.. the democrats would not have had a plan.

Say the region went another way.. say we did nothing back then...  If gas was $6 a gallon at the pumps we would have had Bush impeached by now.. and the call would have been led by the democrats who would, along with their friends in the press, be raking Bush over the coals for not getting rid of the sadman.

lazs

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 10:23:32 AM »
Pity any President of the United States.  Talk about being the lightning rod for every problem in the world.  HST should never have reminded everyone "The Buck Stops Here."  

Just as the President can't take credit for every success, he isn't the cause of every problem.  

Just as in Vietnam, we don't "lose" in Iraq even if we bail out.  Our intentions were and are commendable.  The U.S. military has achieved unprecedented dominance, particularly in aerospace and sea power, but U.S. political objectives are somewhere around a good foul shooting percentage in a local basketball league -- not bad, but room for improvement.  

Democracy is so easy to want but so hard to achieve.  Willing informed participation in government of, by, and for the people.   Iraq and much of the Middle East demonstrate once again how hard feudalism and tribalism die.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »
LOL, you guys crack me up. Take absolutely no responsability for your (Bush's) mistakes and spin as fast as you can to put the blame anywhere but on the ones responsable. At least Yeager can see the truth thru the brown.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 12:53:10 PM »
You democrats will consistently attempt to throw away everything the country works for just to take a shot at the republicans.

It is sad, and sickening.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
You republicans will constantly blame someone else for your bungling and the mess you have made.

It is sad and sickening.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
someone just got installed......:rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
You republicans will constantly blame someone else for your bungling and the mess you have made.

It is sad and sickening.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nominated for snappy/witty retort of the week.

:rolleyes:
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
What? Pelosi is anti-American because she points out that the power to go to war lies with the congress and not the president?

The horror, how dare anybody talk back to your precious, incompetent George Bush II.  His feelings might get bruised and we can't have that of his imperial majestyship.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »
Karnak, this is what pelosi said:

At the same time, she said, "I do believe that Congress should assert itself, though, and make it very clear that there is no previous authority for the president, any president, to go into Iran."

Please point out the location of the word "War" in what she said.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"