Author Topic: Pelosi now thinks she is the president.  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Pelosi now thinks she is the president.
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Come up with a realistic solution.
====
350,000 more troops. Deploy an additional 150,000 along the borders of Syria and Iran.

Yeag,

I'm quoting the exact post I had responded to. Please note the very first line in your post, "come up with a realistic solution". Now I have to say that if the "solution is not possible, it's not realistic. Unless you are trying to do the same trick hitler tried to do, ordering units that did not exist into action, I fail to see how your "solution" is realistic. (And I am not saying you are hitler either.)

Secondly please quote my post here in the thread where I said I was supporting Bush.

My whole intent here is simple. I am tired of hearing nothing but complaining and accusations about how it was screwed up by those who have no clue how to "do it better". I want to see some specifics about how, using our current REAL resources not fantasy ones, it should be done. I want to see some kind of reality posed here with a differing strategy to handle the existing situation, not just some bald faced complaint about how it is being done. If you got a better idea, lets see it. If you are going to play armchair General you should have some kind of real world strategy. Here's your chance to show how brilliant you (and the others who sing the same song, it's not just you Yeag) are militarily.

Otherwise your total contribution to the thread is "I don't like bush" and "I don't want us in iraq". There's nothing wrong with that opinion. It just doesn't qualify anyone for being a real world tactician / strategist instead of just a complainer about how things are going. If you have something of substance lets see it.

That all I'm trying to accomplish. I simply do not see the demos, repubs, independents saying anything that is a true alternative except pull out the troops and come home. I just want to see the other alternative strategies to solve the current problem. Going back in time is not possible. We can't fight tomorrows conflict today. What is the solution to today?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:33:14 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Yeag, 350k more troops are not going.  So, come up with a realistic plan with assets at hand, + / - 25%.  Thats what Bush and his new general have done.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »
Thats what Bush and his new general have done.
====
Yeah.....AFTER Pelosi took the house.  You guys just arent getting it.  I support the surge (should have happened two years ago) but I think Bush has done a TERRIBLE job managing this war.  Now remember fellas he is the CIC and we know where the buck stops, dont we :rolleyes:

Dont fool yourself mav..... we are a nation of 350,000,000 people.  We could muster 500,000 troops for deployment in Iraq if we had to.  I mean we want to win this war against islamic radicalism, dont we?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
i am confused, the same people that want to run away from Iraq also want to raise a army of 500,000 to occupy Iraq, make up your mind.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »
why dont you find a logical place to enter the discussion, thanks :D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
Yeag,

Congress is now starting action on reducing funding for iraq operations. The number of troops in the service is mandated by law at current levels. Guess who controls the funding for the military. Country population at this time is irrelevent. Even if somehow Congress mandated an increase in force strength and funded it, the arrival of those forces in the numbers you continue to bandy about would be at least 2 to 3 years down the road. there is insufficient infrastructure to enlist and train that number of troops any faster.

In short, your concept has no merit in solving todays issues with todays assets which is all that there is to work with. It is not a feasible nor realistic solution. It's time to drop it and try another one.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:48:33 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2007, 11:04:31 PM »
Congress is now starting action on reducing funding for iraq operations. The number of troops in the service is mandated by law at current levels. Guess who controls the funding for the military. Country population at this time is irrelevent. Even if somehow Congress mandated an increase in force strength and funded it, the arrival of those forces in the numbers you continue to bandy about would be at least 2 to 3 years down the road. there is insufficient infrastructure to enlist and train that number of troops any faster.
===
Beautiful mav and who have you got to thank for this pathetic mess again?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2007, 11:51:17 PM »
5- Flamebaiting, trolling, or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:30:19 PM by MP4 »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
bodhi,  The democrats (your american Al-Qaeda) are in power because of the incompetence of george bush.  He is not only the commander-in-chief of the armed forces  he is the de facto leader of the republican party. This entire mess has been brought to you compliments of the this mans shameful neglect of power.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2007, 04:09:53 AM »
Yeager it freaks me out. It's like you are reading my mind.

If we had rebuilt Iraq's infrastructure most rikki tick, things would be MUCH different today. The blame lies squarely on the CIC's shoulders. Instead of listening to his commanders in the field who had the hard answers, he replaced them with yesmen. Now we have a 3 or 4 way battle going on and are woefully outnumbered.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2007, 08:36:49 AM »
Oh Puh-leeze.   Iraq has been awash in civilian contractors from every major western nation and many from the middle east since Saddam's government fell.  Old infrastructure is being reconstructed and new infrastructure is being planned and built, even as we speak.

The argument being forwarded here that an extra 350,000 troops should have been sent to maintain security is a retrospective, after the fact attempt to eat your cake and have it too.  Given the political realities of America during the entire Iraqi war period, we all know that the extra troops could never have been sent.  The mere request for extra troops would have ignited a firestorm of criticism....with the press and Hollywood throwing fuel on the fire....and our foreign critics waxing catatonic about American imperialism.

While some of the administration's critics have recently embraced the argument that more troops should have been sent, this is merely an attempt to cloud the issue and embarass the president.  When the Iraqi government fell, their attitudes were poles apart from those they are now espousing.

The decision to make do with what was already there was predicated upon the wishes of the commander (Frank) who didn't want them, and the attempt to keep the administration's predatory critics at bay.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:27:55 AM by Shuckins »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2007, 08:44:35 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Yeager it freaks me out. It's like you are reading my mind.

:)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:31:43 PM by MP4 »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
which asks the question ...
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
yeager  - who did you vote for in Nov 06?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
jeeze guys, just admit that bush is a dolt.  you will set yourselves free.

:D