Author Topic: Stop The War, Support Our Troops  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 06:02:13 AM »
I understand why people want the war to end, atleast some of it..

But, why not just have Support Our Troops, rallies, who gives a **** about mentioning the war, for or against it, show up, and support the troops.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 06:21:42 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
They forgot to mention the Barracks in Saudi Arabia

How where they attacked and how did Iraq have anything to do with it?

Originally posted by DREDIOCK
And the attempted assasination of a former president of the United States.

What attempted assassination are you referring to?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 06:44:54 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
you can not "end the war" by running away, you will end americas involvement in the war but he fighting will go on, there is only one way to "end the war" and that is to make the insurgents stop fighting.

saying you want to pull out the troops will definitely not make the insurgents stop, it will only encourage them to keep on fighting.

Who will they be fighting?  And why would we care?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 06:49:29 AM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Just a thought here......

What if the Generals and Soldiers , Marines , Airman and Sailors were left alone to fight the war.

What if the media was told to LEAVE...or better yet...not allowed there to "Report" what they see.

I'm not throwing stones or anything...just wondering....

If the generals were left alone...and the politicans "Input" were left out....think we would have taken a different course? Think the war would be going differently?

First of all, keep in mind, this is an occupation.  Occupying a foregn land is completely different ball game then warring with one.  As history has shown the only way to win an occupation is with brutal oppression, (USSR style KGB, East German Stazi, Nazi Gestapo, Isreal).  That is not an option so therefore, the war must end before we go into Iran, which is going to happen within the year.  You will see all of the other countries starting to pull out right before the Iran/US war.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 06:53:53 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

The democrats lost this war for us back in 2004 when they made it a referendum against Bush.  

:rofl   Yep, theyve only been in power for 2 months and theyve already gotten us into an unwinnable war.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 07:14:05 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
What attempted assassination are you referring to?

source
In late-April 1993, the United States learned that terrorists had attempted to assassinate Bush during his visit to Kuwait. The Kuwaiti authorities arrested 17 persons suspected in the plot to kill Bush using explosives hidden in a Toyota Landcruiser. The Kuwaitis recovered the Landcruiser, which contained between 80 and 90 kilograms of plastic explosives connected to a detonator ( the Bush device or Bush explosive device ). The Kuwaitis also recovered ten cube-shaped plastic explosive devices with detonators (the cube-bombs ) from the Landcruiser. Some of the suspects reportedly confessed that the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS ) was behind the assassination attempt.

In early-May 1993, the FBI sent personnel to Kuwait to interview the suspects and examine the physical evidence. FBI Special Agents, along with representatives of the Secret Service and State Department, interviewed 16 suspects, some more than once. Two of the suspects, Wali 'Abd Al-Hadi 'Abd Al-Hasan Al-Ghazali ( Al-Ghazali ) and Ra'd 'Abd Al-Amir 'Abbud Al-Asadi ( Al-Asadi ), admitted during the FBI interviews that they had participated in the plot at the direction of the IIS.  
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 07:31:14 AM »
Thanks.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

What terrorist action against the US has Hamas committed?  Certain members of Hamas have threatened to attack the US but to date Hamas has never carried out any direct terrorist actions against the United States for our support of Israel.
ack-ack

I just read about this a couple of weeks ago but can find the article now and dont have enough time to do much more then a basic search.

In light of finding this
"The 46-count indictment alleges that all 14 men were members of the Islamic militant group Hezbollah, which federal officials said received support and inspiration from individuals within the Iranian government.

No Iranian officials were named in the indictment."

Which would make that point for you
So
For the moment I withdraw that statement

I may have mistaken Hezbollah for Hamas
Found some interesting info on groups linked to Iraq including including the bombing of a Pan Am flight over Honolulu in 1982 But I will have to read and post on it more later as at the moment I simply do not have the time

Irreguardless. Iraq does have links to and have suppported groups who have conducted attacks on the US.

I am making these statements as a point in arguement But as I am sure you are familiour with my posts on the Iraq war these were by far not the nly reasons I have supported it
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 08:11:48 AM »
Originally posted by Hap

There's a ton of things I find more important than the war.   Here's 3 leaving out the rest of the "ton."

Manufacturing
Marriage
Abortion
Immigration

hap

Thats 4 but who's counting ;)

Of that 4 there are only two that are of any significant real importance for the nation as a whole

Manufacturing
Illegal immigration
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 08:17:11 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
First of all, keep in mind, this is an occupation.  Occupying a foregn land is completely different ball game then warring with one.  As history has shown the only way to win an occupation is with brutal oppression, (USSR style KGB, East German Stazi, Nazi Gestapo, Isreal).  That is not an option so therefore, the war must end before we go into Iran, which is going to happen within the year.  You will see all of the other countries starting to pull out right before the Iran/US war.

Found this the other day.
Interesting comparison

"On December 10, 1898, the United States and Spain signed the Treaty of Paris, officially ending the Spanish-American War. It had lasted less than 100 days. As a result of what Secretary of State John Hay called "a splendid little war," the United States emerged from the conflict as a world power. Cuba became an American possession until 1903 and Guantanamo remains a U.S. Navy base. The United States also gained control of Puerto Rico and Guam, and both remain affiliated today. The Philippines were purchased from Spain for twenty million dollars. As a direct result of the war, the United States also annexed Hawaii, Wake Island and several of the Samoan Islands.

For the United States, the acquisition of a large colonial empire did not come without additional costs. Filipinos, tired of their colonial rule by Spain and hoping for independence, resented the United States assuming control. An insurrection broke out in the Philippines and on February 4, 1899, the United States set forth on a bloody campaign to suppress the revolt. Casualties in this guerilla war mounted to over four times that of the Spanish-American War. The Philippine Insurrection lasted until July 4, 1902, when President Theodore Roosevelt declared the Philippines pacified. Like Vietnam, Americans were ambivalent about this undeclared war and no parades were held for the returning troops. The Philippines eventually achieved independence shortly after World War II."
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 09:05:51 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
:rofl   Yep, theyve only been in power for 2 months and theyve already gotten us into an unwinnable war.

Wow reading is fundamental.  I SAID BACK IN 2004!  Not now that they have the congress.  Bush caries alot of blaim for the screw ups but the democrats hands aren't exactly clean as they have made the job of fighting this war as difficult as possible for him.  They made sure of it.

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2007, 09:08:05 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Everyone knows you can't support the troops unless you want them to be in harm's way. Wanting the troops to be safe at home is just crazy talk.

Afghanistan is far more dangerous than Iraq will ever be. Pull out of Iraq, and redeploy them to Afghanistan (where they all should have been sent to in the first place). Iraq was an optional war, and it backfired on all levels. At best, we were misled by fauly intel. At worst, we were deliberately lied to by our government.

Take your pick.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Gunslinger,

What do you do with the 42% of troops who now disapprove Bush's handling of the war?

And only 41% of the troops surveyed now believe we should have gone to war in the first place.     13% of them believe we should have NO troops in Iraq.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2006/12/tns.troopspol06l1229/

The Democrats couldn't find their tulips from their elbows in 2004 but now all of the sudden they "lost" this war.

Blame, blame, finger-point and more blame.

Oboe I'd say that those 41% do not want to just up and leave without finishing the job.  I'd say about 98% of them know somone that died doing their job and would feel their death would be completly in vein if that happened.  Disapproving of the way the war is fought and wanting to finish the job are two seperate issues and two different things.

As far as me blaiming the democrats NOW.....that is nothing new, I've been saying the same thing since then.  They've politicised this war and made it a referendum against Bush.  They've been doing it for quite some time now.

It has absolutly nothing to do with them having the congress.  They are still doing the same exact thing.  They are riding the fence with one foot in the "Support the troops" pond, with the other in the "no war for oil" swamp while they do absolutly nothing but criticise every effort.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2007, 09:36:01 AM »
Wow, just wow.

So a guy screws something up and you blame the people who are pointing out that he screwed something up for the screw up.

That is really screwed up.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2007, 10:52:12 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Wow, just wow.

So a guy screws something up and you blame the people who are pointing out that he screwed something up for the screw up.

That is really screwed up.

Why yes of course, if you do things like that you are giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11