Author Topic: Stop The War, Support Our Troops  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
So a guy screws something up and you blame the people who are pointing out that he screwed something up for the screw up.

That is really screwed up.

:rofl :cry :rofl :cry     That is sig material.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2007, 03:54:52 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
The Majority of the major "peace ralleys" where organized and sponsored by communist sympothisers.

It's still very much that way just insert your "people's propaganda here_______"

It's exactly the same ones organizing these things now.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
It's exactly the same ones organizing these things now.

yeah, 'cause only commies want peace.  give me a break...

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Wrong

Must have been the "silent majority" eh Tahgut?

:)

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2007, 03:58:29 PM »
Right.  

Pinko's R Us are behind it ALL!

Maybe in was in the baby formula?  :huh

hap

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2007, 04:03:44 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Must have been the "silent majority" eh Tahgut?

:)

-Sik

punk kid.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2007, 04:05:06 PM »
Hawco, who is your avatar a pic of?

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
Great question Grunherz, endless answers are possible but one comes to mind, The Army, for all it's blustering, can't stop it, only the Iraqis can stop it.
When I was in Northen Ireland, I asked much the same thing, thing is, on the ground level you are left with 2 choices:
1- Try and work it all out, make a difference and play by the rules
2- Do what your told, stay away from the local cops (RUC) as far as you can as they were the real targets and don't ask any questions.
Then leave dodge.
that's about it, no posturing, surges, flag waving will solve anything until they want to stop killing each other.

It took them thirty years to stop killing each other in NI, Hawco. Do you think our American friends actually realise just how long they will continue to kill each other in Iraq? It has a lot of parallels, even the sectarianism.

All the gung ho talk is so much hot air. The US military will not resolve the issues in Iraq either by leaving or staying. If America pulls out they lose face. If they stay they lose their kids and their innocence for years to come. Bit of a dilemma?

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
The US military will not resolve the issues in Iraq either by leaving or staying. If America pulls out they lose face. If they stay, they lose their kids and their innocence for years to come. Bit of a dilemma?

Stop, stop, stop.

Posters' making sense: WARNING WARNING

hap

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2007, 04:27:29 PM »
dd

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
This thread is like a chapter out of Catch-22.

I'm just waiting for Milo to come along and explain how he makes a profit selling eggs at four and a quarter cents to the Maltese farmers who he paid 7 cents an egg to in the first place.

Or explain how objecting to troops being unneccessarily in harm's way is being 'unsupportive'.

Frankly, I understand the egg thing more.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »

All the gung ho talk is so much hot air. The US military will not resolve the issues in Iraq either by leaving or staying. If America pulls out they lose face. If they stay they lose their kids and their innocence for years to come. Bit of a dilemma?

criticism, but no answers.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
Hawco, who is your avatar a pic of?

No idea but it probably looks like some of the keyboard/armchair generals that we are  infested with in here.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »
It took them thirty years to stop killing each other in NI, Hawco. Do you think our American friends actually realise just how long they will continue to kill each other in Iraq? It has a lot of parallels, even the sectarianism.

No I don't think they can perceive the notion of pulling out as an exit, it's perceived here as a retreat, 3 way dialouge with other countries will not take place as that again is seen as a retreat,  It reminds me of "everything or nothing" meanwhile we debate and other people die, 30-40 years from now  there will be people going to cemetries visiting loved ones asking the same questions.
Ask anyone who remembers guys like Mícéal Caraher or his brother Fergal or finally  the family of Stephen Restorick  ( do a  google search) what came out of this? nothing, except they got their hands on nice new shiny made American made .50 Sniper rifles to use.
End result
I'm here, so what ?
Bessbrook- Hell on earth
Derek Wood- David Howes ( go ahead and google like crazy, dunno if there's anything on there though)- more names for our Armchair generals to look up, I watched- so near- so far, where did that get them? Was on the day of my Birthday too, had plans for us all that night too.
no need to go on.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:31:22 PM by Hawco »

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Just a thought here......

What if the Generals and Soldiers , Marines , Airman and Sailors were left alone to fight the war.

What if the media was told to LEAVE...or better yet...not allowed there to "Report" what they see.

I'm not throwing stones or anything...just wondering....

If the generals were left alone...and the politicans "Input" were left out....think we would have taken a different course? Think the war would be going differently?

Oh yea I think it would be different, for one Iraq would never have happened till Osama was dead, for two Iraq would have been done and over with a long time ago.