Author Topic: How many here are "long-timers".  (Read 22469 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
How many here are "long-timers".
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Im a newb. Tour 69 here.

69 as well.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2007, 01:17:02 AM »
Beta tour 1 and still around.

Offline Gnatz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »
Puttin' in a hat-tip to y'all cuz K-k-k-k-ken gave a bunch of us the headzup over on a newsgroup ... former AW ACCS member since around what, 1994, 1995? unsure there.  Tried AH a couple of times, never really had the machine to keep up with stuff anymore.  Until next month anyways.

Looking forward to flying the unfriendly skies once again very soon.

Gnatz
No, I'm not a drone.  Sheesh.

Originally posted by K-KEN
Air Warrior 1996, been a Cutthroat for 11 years next month. Cutts are nearly 12 years old. Was Closed Beta Tester for Air Warrior III-only claim to fame.

K-KEN
http://www.cutthroats.com  
High Flight | Tequila Benefits
http://www.look-at-ewe.com

P.S. ..and can I get my posts count issue addressed? :) Always resets back to 199 or 200 or some such...I must be corrupt or something!
Gnatzor 

He may look like an idiot, fly like an idiot, but don't let him fool you -- he really IS an idiot.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
I started with the old original AW DOS version, I can't remember my tail number, 18 hundred something I think. Did my thing in AW till it died at AOL.  Joined AH a couple of years ago and flew for about a year & half, part of that with Boozer and the crowd over at the 4th Fighter Group. I've been out of it for about a year and just signed back up. I've always sucked as a fighter pilot and now I'm really bad :D :lol
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Re: How many here are "long-timers".
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I responded to a post by Guppy35 in another thread where he stated:

My guess is at least half the player base are what I'll refer to as "long-timers".  This is nothing against Guppy35 in any way but it made me curious.  How many ARE "long-timers".  

Since Tour 12 ended 1/31/01 then tour 1 must have ended on 2/28/00.  Since the first tours were beta and other sim's were still alive then lets use tour 12 as the beginning so the question is, how many have played flight sims since 1/1/01 or earlier.  

Please post only once so we get a good count.  Include your starting date as closely as you remember it, the sim you started in, and your guess as to the percent of long-time players in AHII.

I started in '96 in Air Warrior and my guess at long-timers is half the player base.

Same here. I was Corsr (for Corsair) and in AW. RR/FRPAC mostly.

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2008, 02:48:38 PM »
Originally posted by Alky
I started with the old original AW DOS version, I can't remember my tail number, 18 hundred something I think. Did my thing in AW till it died at AOL.  Joined AH a couple of years ago and flew for about a year & half, part of that with Boozer and the crowd over at the 4th Fighter Group. I've been out of it for about a year and just signed back up. I've always sucked as a fighter pilot and now I'm really bad :D :lol

Hey....get yer butt back over to the 4th, Alky! :)

Check in at http://4thfg.org/phpBB2/index.php
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Spazer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »
Started in Fighter Ace then to AW untill it went belly up then to AH sometime after the 30 a month was gone...that was a lot of money to play a game...have come and gone over the years with different ID's.... been fun...still is!

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
<<75
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline BADR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »
AW 95. Then fought xbrit and been chasing his arse ever since. Spit dweeb :D

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2008, 05:34:36 PM »
^ He still can't catch me !!

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2008, 12:47:15 AM »
I started off playing AW when I was 14ish years old. Im 20 now...
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2008, 01:58:48 AM »
Started online with Fighter Ace on the Zone around 96 but long before that had Yeager on pc and in 1991 had Falcon 3, been here since 13 or 14 (on a self imposed  break ATM )

:D
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
AW 1987 ... thirty freakin' years ... glad I've more or less outgrown it. Kinda.

Offline Gnatz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
Heh ... got to lookin' and discovered I did somehow manage to score a few kills back during (ahem) Beta Tour 1, in addition to repeated horrible flaming deaths in a 109.

kewl

Originally posted by Gnatz
Puttin' in a hat-tip to y'all cuz K-k-k-k-ken gave a bunch of us the headzup over on a newsgroup ... former AW ACCS member since around what, 1994, 1995? unsure there.  Tried AH a couple of times, never really had the machine to keep up with stuff anymore.  Until next month anyways.

Looking forward to flying the unfriendly skies once again very soon.

Gnatz
No, I'm not a drone.  Sheesh.
Gnatzor 

He may look like an idiot, fly like an idiot, but don't let him fool you -- he really IS an idiot.

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
AW 1987 ... thirty freakin' years ... glad I've more or less outgrown it. Kinda.

I have an AW manual from the boxed game that has quotes from you and several other long-timers in it.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing