Author Topic: 190 Series Vs. P38 Series  (Read 8009 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
190 Series Vs. P38 Series
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »
Originally posted by stephen
not flying for you, its been over a year I bet since some newb in a 38 tried to get me into a rope a dope, and just tlike a thousnad times before and after that I didnt accept, I flew away in search of greener pastures, im not affraid to admit so, so why are you afraid to fly 190's?
I doubt anyone here is "afraid" to fly the 190.  They just all know it is a "one-trick-pony." Doing only one thing gets boring after a while.  

Generally speaking, I wouldn't consider any one-trick-pony plane to be "superior."  Get into a situation where your one trick doesn't work, and you are toast.  The P-38 is more versitile, so I would consider it to be the better of the two aircraft (although I personally still don't care for it).
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2007, 07:30:04 PM »
well if you do that trick well enough, {i,e, enter at hi speed, make a firing pass, and extend to do it all over again} you end up with a stalion...geez sorry fo the horse analogy's:D

I hardly think this plane is capable of one trick only, you can rope a dope, energy fight, or just make an inferior handling plane smash into the ground, heck ive bounced many an la'7 into the ground just when thier fangs where hanging out the most, because the dont realise the 190 has much better elevator aithority at hi speed, this plane is a magic bullet for almost anything if flown right,...
and personaly if I escape a bad situation, I preferto think of it as a victory, because I might have denied a better pilot a kill, if this isnt relivant to your arguments I dont care...we simply fly by diffeent rules.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:35:42 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
the 38 is an older design with diffrent intentions in mind, and is inferior in a skilled pilots hand, because, IT CAN NOT DICTATE THE FIGHT IN A CO ALT/SPEED MERGE.

If the P-38 cannot dictate the fight in an even merge, then why would you run from one in your supposedly superior plane, with your supposedly superior skills?

I'd say it's because you suck as a pilot and you cannot do justice to a plane that flown by anyone with real skill and talent could offer a good fight and emerge victorious in many fights.

Boy, I hope you fly a lot better than you argue, because you argue like a two year old.

Let me know when you log on as a Rook, so I can swap countries.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »
because if I continue on a level course, and the 38 turns 180 degrees to follow me, he WILL have a lower energy state and I can rope him..{in a co alt co E merge}

the superiority is purely up to the pilot, even a temp can be flown to its destruction by bad decision's. ...Next?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:38:52 PM by stephen »

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »
becasue if I continue on a level course, and the 38 turns 180 degrees to follow me, he WILL have a lower energy state and I can rope him...next?

If you think so.:rofl
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
so your saying a 190 that merges with a 38 co alt and co speed, it will be caught by a 38 that has to turn 180 degrees to follow?

who's not making sense now?

without a clear advantage in speed, a fight is really up to whomever makes the least mistakes, I tell you what though ...A 38 aint gonna bug out fast enough co alt so a 190 cant follow him,...honestly tell me, can a 38 catch a 190 that doesnt want to be caught?

and to take the argument further, can the 38 keep the 190 from reversing out of view range ad making another pass?....NO it cant, and it cant run away either, so as I said before, if there is no clear adantage in piloting, or alt/speed only the 190 can dictate the fight....all the 190 has to do is not turn until its far enough away to succesfuly re-engage, heck tell me if my thinking is wrong....:D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:50:58 PM by stephen »

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »
so your saying a 190 that merges with a 38 co alt and co speed, will be caught by a 38 that has to turn 180 degrees to follow?

who's not making sense now?

You.

Because it depends entirely on speed, altitude, and WHICH 190. Not to mention how each pilot flies the merge.

SaVaGe

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2007, 07:53:02 PM »
sorry, im refering only to the 190D-9, as its mostly the only one i fly.the A-5 is admitidly much easier to kill {if im flying it}, and the A-8 is only good against bombers, or when ho'ing in my opinion, though somtimes it might get lucky and jump an unwary pilot

to tell you the truth I dont merge with much turn in the dora, unless im trying to avoid a HO, or there is another nme A/C pouncing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:58:00 PM by stephen »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »
Ummm, did I read the above correctly?  One guy says they have to be co-alt and co-speed, and the next guy says he's not making sense because he hasn't specified speed and altitude.:lol  Ok, maybe it means that if both are at 10k the fight will have different results than if both are at 20k, but equal pilot skill has to be assumed in this kind of conversation.

Let's face it.  Assuming equal pilot skill, an altitude of 10k ft, and equal speed, some aircraft will kill more than others.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »
your not making sense,so why are you laughing? Niether is speed,altitude or the ammount of beer both party's have inbibed....energy states are not specified in this thread, nor is the off angle of intercept in the merge, so i gather this debate is rather pointless unless its continud in the MA:lol
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 08:16:51 PM by stephen »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
Do it stephen..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »

and if you are really willing to start with a 5k disadvantage im going to bore holes in your plane with bullets kid...

Awesome!!

Let me know when you sign back on, and we can go to the DA. You climb to 10k in the Dora, I'll be at 5k in a 38J.

Then we can do a co-alt merge.

Then we'll do a merge with me at 10k and you at 5k.

I'd be surprised if I lost one.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »
Originally posted by Anaxogoras
Ummm, did I read the above correctly?  One guy says they have to be co-alt and co-speed, and the next guy says he's not making sense because he hasn't specified speed and altitude.:lol  Ok, maybe it means that if both are at 10k the fight will have different results than if both are at 20k, but equal pilot skill has to be assumed in this kind of conversation.

Let's face it.  Assuming equal pilot skill, an altitude of 10k ft, and equal speed, some aircraft will kill more than others.

I'll explain this to you in terms you MAY be able to grasp.

The altitude matters, because:

A. Performance is dissimilar between the planes, the advantage depends on altitude.
B. How you make the reversal depends on the altitude you are at.
C. Options are determined by altitude.

The speed matters because:

A. Dissimilar ability to accelerate at different speeds.
B. Dissimilar aerobatic performance at different speeds.
C. Options are determined by speed as well.

Only a fool would assume the same result if the merge occurred at 250MPH at 25K or if the merge occurred at 350MPH at 2K.

There is no assumed altitude or assumed speed given.

Equal pilot skill cannot be assumed, either. Given the statements made in this "discussion" it is obvious one pilot has only one skill set, while the other pilot may have several skill sets.

SaVaGe

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
Stephen you never answered why I have more kills against 190s than 190s against my P38.

On a merge co alt co E, who is to say the P38 has to turn a flat 180º? What happens if it does a loop instead?
Gasp!
He retains his E!
OH NOES!

Also what if the P38 flies straight and level at merge to extend to 6k then turn back? Both planes are capable of this.

Stephen you're now saying "The 190 suites my style of fighting the best" which is a legitimate statement.
Saying "The 190 is superior to the P38" is not.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2007, 10:29:41 PM »
heck tell me if my thinking is wrong....:D

You'll find out. :D

SaVaGe