Author Topic: 190 Series Vs. P38 Series  (Read 7948 times)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
190 Series Vs. P38 Series
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »
no real world scenerio would place the 190 in an inescapable situation,and I refuse to throw my experience away doing so, Bosco asked "what would happen between these two in the air?" and im sure ive described that fairly simply, so if you like the p38 fly it, if you like the 190 fly it, but dont tell me to fly against the cream of the crop without being able to disengage in here, as that wouldnt prove anything other than I was to stupid to know when the nme had a supperior state.

learn the 190, stop this fantasyland 38 adoration, and fly somthing that takes a little skill. lol and yeh I cant spell, so what? dont be angry because im the one telling you that fork tailed kite is inferior in the MA.
Some children have to be taught that theve made bad decisions, and a few of them need special attention....lightning pilots are guided by there hearts instead of thier heads, just dont pretend its better than anything else in the game, makes you look desperate

:aok
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:22:00 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »
Originally posted by stephen
if he retreats, you have allowed him another chance to retreat again later.

There, I fixed it. ;)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2007, 07:25:38 PM »
no real world scenerio would place the 190 in an inescapable situation,and I refuse to throw my experience away doing so, Bosco asked "what would happen between these two in the air?" and im sure ive described that fairly simply, so if you like the p38 fly it, if you like the 190 fly it, but dont tell me to fly against the cream of the crop without being able to disengage in here, as that wouldnt prove anything other than I was to stupid to know when the nme had a supperior state.

learn the 190, stop this fantasyland 38 adoration, and fly somthing that takes a little skill. lol and yeh I cant spell, so what? dont be angry because im the one telling you that fork tailed kite is inferior in the MA.
Some children have to be taught that theve made bad decisions, and a few of them need special attention....lightning pilots are guided by there hearts instead of thier heads, just dont pretend its better than anything else in the game, makes you look desperate

:aok

Again, the offer still stands.  If you want to know what a P-38 can do versus a FW190, look me up.  I'll be more than happy to show you but I doubt you will take me up on my offer since from your own admission you'll just run away.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TUXC

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 38 lovers, sorry
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 07:46:21 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
The Dora manages about 424 to 426 depending upon load. Add a centerline rack and it drops to around 418 mph. Down at 10k, the Dora can reach 405 mph.

In comparison, the A-5 and A-8 can do about 403 mph at 20k, 366 mph at 10k.

My regards,

Widewing

wwiiaircraftperformance.com has 3 tests of the A-5 with 407-408mph at 20669ft.

440 for the 190D is definitely high (though much more representative than the 408 which was posted above), but I can find anywhere from 691-702km/h for max speed of the D-9 (429-236mph) with MW-50, so for the purposes of this discussion 430mph is probably a reasonable value without the rack. Of course, the 190D reaches this speed well below 20000ft whereas the P38's max speed is reached above 20k, so the Dora only has a speed advantage at low and medium altitude. This margin is diminished somewhat if the 38L's engines are rigged for more than 60" MP. In real life it would probably be a good fight, but in the game the Dora has to stay fast in a 1v1 to live. 2v2 or 4v4 is a different story, however.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:51:33 PM by TUXC »
Tuxc123

JG11

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2007, 07:47:35 PM »
Ack Ack dont take it personaly, the p38 is simply an inferior ride, your argument is moot unless you can prove to me that the 38 can dictate the fight, which it obviuosly can not unless the 190d9 pilot is caught with his pants down low and slow
lol I take much pleasure from diving to low alt away from 38's, waiting for them to turn, then going over the top to hit them as they try to face me.

Its a lumbering frieght train against any decent pilot, give up the ghost..., co alt the 190d9 will run away if hes in danger, and theres nothing a lightning pilot can do but spray and pray in disgust.

we arent talking about a one on one, because like in war time, its up to the pilot if he wants to engage or not, and if the 190 does want to make a couple of passes,  than he will allways have the ability to run away at low alt.

Its not hard just admit it, the 190D9 hands down is a better plane,or if thats to hard to swallow try admiting at-least that its the most survivable of the two,
Oh yeh, the 190's game is not in the turn, and it never has been, simply put a 38 rolls slow, and the 190 rolls fast, in fact the 38 is the easiest A/C to scissor in a 190 as the roll rate is so cruddy.

"Search your feelings Luke, and you will know it to be true".....

My response to this is summed up here.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »
widewing, your a respected, and admired author in here, stop playing these infantile games and give it up, along with your pals you MUST admit that the D9 has a better K/D ratio, lollololololl hate it you may, but 190 will stay, cheap parlor tricks aside this is a better bird:rofl

cheap thrills ez kills, p38 s dog dog dog rough rough lol:aok

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »
Translation: I don't actually play Aces High.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 08:18:03 PM »
the D9 has a better K/D ratio, l

And why is that??

Because it is flown by wuss pickers.
See Rule #4

Offline TUXC

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
Stephen,

I fly the German planes a lot and the Dora is fast and has great high speed handling, but I think you are seriously underestimating the capabilities of the P-38 in the vertical and in an angles fight.

I think Widewing and another good stick in 190Ds or A5s vs. Ack-Ack and another good stick in P38Ls, Js or Gs. at 10k would make for an interesting fight.
Tuxc123

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2007, 08:21:58 PM »
lollololololl

= laughing out loud, laughing out loud, out loud, out loud, out loud, loud

No further comment necessary.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
because it is a superior plane, and is therefore more survivable and better than the 38, even to novices, thank you for making my point for me and good night!:aok

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »
because it is a superior plane, and is therefore more survivable and better than the 38, even to novices, thank you for making my point for me and good night!:aok

Said the picker.
See Rule #4

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2007, 08:59:13 PM »

No, it is not a superior plane. I'd say 99 out of 100 fly the D9 because they can run away from nearly anything. I don't think running away makes it superior. A few good sticks fly it because they like it.

Your explanation of superiority, for both you and the plane, shows you know no other style than to pick and run. That doesn't require a superior plane, or a superior pilot. Just a chicken in a fast plane. Hell, anyone can be a chicken in a fast plane.

Your comparison of K/D ratio assumes equal fights and equal usage. The truth is the P-38L is used quite often as an ordnance dump truck by a bunch of suicide dweebs because it carries as much as many bombers, where as the 190D9 is used as a hit and run vulch machine by the majority of those who fly it. As such, your comparison is as useless and pointless as the rest of your argument. No surprise there.

I'm betting co-alt, co-E, you aren't a match for Ack-Ack, Widewing, Raptor, or Murdr. You might be a match for me. That ain't nothin' to brag about. For you OR the plane. Keep running around in the box like your avatar. We need a good laugh, and you're it.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
Hrm... Stephen doesn't even play ANY flight sim game, Hubs.

Even the greenest of newbies isn't that bad. I wonder if he's a shades troll?

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:10 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Your comparison of K/D ratio assumes equal fights and equal usage. The truth is the P-38L is used quite often as an ordnance dump truck by a bunch of suicide dweebs because it carries as much as many bombers, where as the 190D9 is used as a hit and run vulch machine by the majority of those who fly it.
What can I say, I love the mud flaps.

Suicide Dweeb. :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."