Author Topic: 190 Series Vs. P38 Series  (Read 8004 times)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
190 Series Vs. P38 Series
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2007, 09:51:25 PM »
Ack-Ack, good play by play, :cry

but yes ive flown the 38 a bit, though mostly in the jabo roll.

and if this much hated "picker" is represinitive of the way I fly, then yes I suppose I am one.

so egsactly what is th point my friend? you dont like me?,I can deal with that lol
:rofl

Captain Virgil Hilts,
complaining about the succesful tactics used against you is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop...
and by growing up, I mean stop whining about being shot down, and take resposibility for putting yourself in the possition to be shot down.
"your a picker!!!!" so what ? I dont pick exclusivly, and even if I did if your hanging out at 5k at 100 knots, you deserve to die.....Ive been offline for approx 2 weeks "that isnt my last name popceed", im sure the quality of pilots hasnt suddenly jumped in that time......
Look stop petting your ego, put away your childish whimpering ways, and ill be a rook by this fri, if that satisfy's you.

I rather look forward to the endless whine's from the bish.knits as they put themselves into bad possitions, and endlessly blame the other teams tactics for thier bad situational awareness.

go fly, and die, and whine, and accuse, somones got to do it I guess.:cry

my new account will be in the name Popsays, yo what is a shade account? and how do i get one?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:09:01 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2007, 10:21:38 PM »
Originally posted by stephen
Ack-Ack, good play by play, :cry

but yes ive flown the 38 a bit, though mostly in the jabo roll.

and if this much hated "picker" is represinitive of the way I fly, then yes I suppose I am one.

so egsactly what is th point my friend? you dont like me?,I can deal with that lol
:rofl

I don't know you personally, so I really don't have an opinion of you as a person.  All I know is what you've posted and all that you've shown is that you're a timid pilot that only cherry picks with a hord since that's all the skill you possess.  

Savage is correct, you've done a great disservice to a fine plane.  No one here has a problem with the Dora or any other of the FW190 variants.  We've just corrected your misinformation about a plane that you admittedly fly timidly and cherry pick and will not engage in a 1v1.  

The funny thing is that we are the ones that know more about the Dora than you do.  All you know is how to fly timidly and will do so in any plane you fly because you lack the necessary skill to fly otherwise.  It's not about how the Dora stacks up against the P-38 with you, it's about how to fly timidly regardless of the plane you're flying.  You've just picked the Dora as your plane of choice since it's the easiest plane your limited skill set will allow you to run if in danger.   If it was the P-51D that allowed you that option, that would be your plane of choice.

I'll offer the challenge once again, although I know you won't accept it because you know the outcome but it will provide us with a good chuckle seeing you make excuses not to take me up on my challenge.  Which is also sad because you could walk away a better player for it instead of wallowing in timid mediocrity.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:24:34 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2007, 11:17:02 PM »
Ack- Ack, mind if I take that challenge? I'm by no means a good pilot, but I can do the bnz thing (ish) and would love to see how you deal with that in a 38. Seriously, I've been flying the 38 for a couple times this tour (no kills) and would love to see how its really done (and no, I dont mind dying to find out) I'm working nights this at the moment, up until the 27th - but have the 27th night off if you can find time to school me in this.

Hopefully no-one is offended by this request - I'm asking as I want to get better in short order. Oh, and this request is to all of you p38 pilots......if you can spare the time that is.

Wurzel;)

*and yep, I know I'm going to get spanked royally...but its in a good cause*
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:23:49 PM by gpwurzel »
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2007, 11:26:21 PM »
Next time you see me online, just holler.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »
Thank you Ack-Ack - I get off work in a 1.5 hours if you'll be around then? No big deals if not - I can always die later :D

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2007, 11:34:05 PM »
How about this, Stephen... I'll start at 5k, you start at 10k, and I bet you won't be able to kill me and will be forced to run away.

Edit: I haven't played in months.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »
. double post

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
How about this, Stephen... I'll start at 5k, you start at 10k, and I bet you won't be able to kill me and will be forced to run away.

Edit: I haven't played in months.

And even better, you start at 5k and I'll start at 10k. That way I can prove to you that the 38 is a better picker than the 190.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »
If your online in a couple of hours Fianna, your on - and I doubt if I could kill you if you were flying blindfolded - :D

As I said, my reason for doing this is to see how a p38 should be flown - unlike by me;)

Wurzel

*Edited cos I'm a mong - Fianna, just noticed that was for Stephen - apologies fella - its early and i'm brain dead (or more brain dead than usual:) )

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2007, 12:02:12 AM »
Originally posted by gpwurzel
(and no, I dont mind dying to find out)

You meant "I'm dying to find out".  ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2007, 12:13:22 AM »
Lol, errrr, yes........but the result is a foregone conclusion......so think I'm accurate as well.....ish.....:p

:D

Wurzel

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2007, 12:58:58 AM »
Originally posted by stephen
oh yeh, hey guys "PICKING" as you call it is a lack of SA, and is not the fault of the guy racking up kills against slow turning aircraft.
You made the decision to engage, You lost initiative, and you will pay the price, arguments are moot when your sitting in the tower after having your ride blasted from beneath you.

in short,.... GROW UP!

just out of curiousity? when you're picking....and you're right....there's nothing wrong with that at all....i've done it, and had it done to me.....but....what happens when you're climbing back up to alt, and lo and behold there's a 38 up there waiting for ya? you have no e left, and can't manuever.....and yes it's happened...i've done that.....they were the only easy kills i've had as my gunnery sucks.....and they just wallowed trying to avoid giving me a shot.............you can't disengage if you've no e to at least force your nose over quickly......but hey........what the hack, right?:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2007, 01:00:45 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
So you want us to recognize you for being a timid cherry picker that can only fly in a hord?  Okay.  You're a timid cherry picker that can only fly in a hord.

Our assertions are based on recorded flight data.  Yours is solely based on being a timid cherry picker (see, I gave you recognition again).

You don't want a 1v1 because you know you'll be proven wrong and you can't face that fact (here comes the recognition part again) that you're just a typical timid cherry picker that flies the Dora.  

No, I think the real reason why you've never flown a P-38 is that it's a tad above your skill level.  By your own admission, you only fly in a hord while you cherry pick, which means that you're one of the five and not the solo plane.

You're correct.  The P-38 isn't great at anything, it's good at everything.  It's a good Energy fighter, good turn fighter and a good attack plane.  Very similiar to the Hellcat in this regard, a jack of all trades.  

Your comments also show a severe lack of any knowledge or experience with the P-38, other than running from one when you see one.

We all know what will happen to a P-38 that meets your Dora.  You'll just run from it until you find safety in a hord and then return to cherry pick with the rest of the hord.

So, to summarize your posts...if you want to run from a fight or are a timid pilot, fly a Dora.

ack-ack

ack ack.......have you or anyone else noticed that he kinda keeps changing the conditions of the match to suit his argument?:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2007, 01:01:40 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Hmm, guess its not working...Id swear Id just posted 2 examples of a P-38 being 5 on 1, and an example of a 190 with alt attacking a low P-38 :huh

very good films to i might add.........i especially liked the 2nd one........i only wish i could make the 38 work that well..............
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2007, 01:05:58 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I don't know you personally, so I really don't have an opinion of you as a person.  All I know is what you've posted and all that you've shown is that you're a timid pilot that only cherry picks with a hord since that's all the skill you possess.  

Savage is correct, you've done a great disservice to a fine plane.  No one here has a problem with the Dora or any other of the FW190 variants.  We've just corrected your misinformation about a plane that you admittedly fly timidly and cherry pick and will not engage in a 1v1.  

The funny thing is that we are the ones that know more about the Dora than you do.  All you know is how to fly timidly and will do so in any plane you fly because you lack the necessary skill to fly otherwise.  It's not about how the Dora stacks up against the P-38 with you, it's about how to fly timidly regardless of the plane you're flying.  You've just picked the Dora as your plane of choice since it's the easiest plane your limited skill set will allow you to run if in danger.   If it was the P-51D that allowed you that option, that would be your plane of choice.

I'll offer the challenge once again, although I know you won't accept it because you know the outcome but it will provide us with a good chuckle seeing you make excuses not to take me up on my challenge.  Which is also sad because you could walk away a better player for it instead of wallowing in timid mediocrity.

ack-ack
:D
a six pack of fosters says he doesn't do it........and film it too.......:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"