Author Topic: another campus shooting this week?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
another campus shooting this week?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 06:36:14 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
I don't think having people with guns on campus would do much, like this guy today it was all over in minutes, the police were there within 2 minutes of the first call and he still injured over 17 people and killed atleast 3 so far.  The guy at Virgina Tech chained all the doors so even if someone had a gun they couldn't get in right away.  Other then having an armed guard in each room I don't think it would have that big of an impact.

I highlighted the most important words of what you wrote.

Just as much as it can be over in mere seconds, it can be stopped just as quickly.  Not by police who are only ever a reactionary force, but by those armed in the classroom.  

It is unfeasible and just laughable to think you can hire an armed Security officer for every classroom..
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 06:38:38 PM »
I think the only time that having armed security would help is if the shooting goes on for awhile, like going from class to class, other then that the guy is gonna kill people if thats what he wants to do.  

I just can't believe that these people just can't put the gun to there own head, they have to go out and take as many as they can with them before they kill themselves, most likely people they don't even know, it's just sad.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Just as much as it can be over in mere seconds, it can be stopped just as quickly.  Not by police who are only ever a reactionary force, but by those armed in the classroom.  

I think having armed students in class is just a bad idea, thats just asking for trouble IMHO.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »
I don't think having people with guns on campus would do much, like this guy today it was all over in minutes, the police were there within 2 minutes of the first call and he still injured over 17 people and killed atleast 3 so far.  The guy at Virgina Tech chained all the doors so even if someone had a gun they couldn't get in right away.  Other then having an armed guard in each room I don't think it would have that big of an impact.

Well lets put it to you this way.

Popquiz
Your sitting in class with your trusty gun at your side.
some nutcase walkes in with a shotgun and starts shooting people.

What do you do?
and how long does it take you to do it?

Is it less then 17 people and two minutes?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 06:46:54 PM »
I think having armed students in class is just a bad idea, thats just asking for trouble IMHO.

First off, you wouldn't arm all students.  No one is saying that.  You would only allow those who can be legally armed via CCW permits to carry guns.

Next, you have to understand that out of all of the subcategories that Americans can be split up as, people who carry concealed weapons are THE most law abiding group.

Next, you have to understand that with the permitting of CCW's, crime goes down.  Unlike your liberal fears where this will turn to a lawless frontier town, all the evidence shows otherwise.  Nothing will happen, just take a look at Florida.    In florida, they instituted laws where you no longer have to believe that a criminal is going to kill you for you to shoot him.  Florida did not become a state full of gunslingers, anyone just killing anyone they please.  Just the opposite is true.

But asking someone to understand those is very difficult what with all of these facts.  This in itself can be understood by realizing that the Liberal brain does not operate off of Facts.

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
i don't understand, the campus is a GUN FREE ZONE, didn't the killer know that?  :rolleyes:

for the slow people, that was sarcasm.

yea but your not funny

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Well lets put it to you this way.

Popquiz
Your sitting in class with your trusty gun at your side.
some nutcase walkes in with a shotgun and starts shooting people.

What do you do?
and how long does it take you to do it?

Is it less then 17 people and two minutes?
Yeah but then your gonna get idiots who accidentally shoot themselves, or get mad at someone and because they have a gun on them they over react without thinking and shot someone, like I said IMO it's just asking for trouble arming students.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »
Yeah but then your gonna get idiots who accidentally shoot themselves, or get mad at someone and because they have a gun on them they over react without thinking and shot someone, like I said IMO it's just asking for trouble arming students.

But that DOES NOT HAPPEN!  CCW permit holders DO NOT over react and shoot just for ****s and giggles!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »

Laz,

Cleanup in isle 4
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
Maybe your right, I don't know, like I said it's just my opinion, I really wouldn't like the idea of my kids in class with other students armed.

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
I think that teachers who have CCW should be allowed to carry weapons. My highschool has  one and sometimes two police officers at the school, but it wont be enough

Virginia Tech Shooter went to my school, along with two of his victims
Michael Kennedy who shot 2 police officers down the street from the school. (if you live in Northern VA then you should have heard about this)
A student who i knew shot himself in the head.
A teacher, who had a CCW permit, got fired for having a pistol in his car.

anyone from northern VA will probably know what school im talking about...

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »
i don't even own a gun...but i have no problem whatsoever with a heavilly armed populace.  

give the people who put these idiots down the spotlight...that'll help take away the luster.

tired of these morons.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
give the people who put these idiots down the spotlight...that'll help take away the luster.

tired of these morons.
Only problem with that is almost always its that person that kills themselves at the end, actually I can't think of one school shooter thats was killed by someone other then themselves.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
probably because they didn't have a citizen in their proximity carrying a bullet for their head.

you clipped my quote.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »
Only problem with that is almost always its that person that kills themselves at the end, actually I can't think of one school shooter thats was killed by someone other then themselves.

Even supposing that was an actual problem, it isn't enough to offset the 2nd amendment.  Find a good substitute for it and you may have a good enough reason to disarm the public.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you