Author Topic: another campus shooting this week?  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
another campus shooting this week?
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
I don't think having people with guns on campus would do much, like this guy today it was all over in minutes, the police were there within 2 minutes of the first call and he still injured over 17 people and killed atleast 3 so far.  The guy at Virgina Tech chained all the doors so even if someone had a gun they couldn't get in right away.  Other then having an armed guard in each room I don't think it would have that big of an impact.

If the nutcase knew that there was a chance that SOMEONE had a gun on campus for the sole purpose of killing nut jobs who are intenet on killing others, he may have thought twice before carrying out his plan and just offed himself alone at home.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
Like I said, this is just what I believe, thats guns don't belong in classrooms, and you believe what you believe, and you know what, thats what makes this country great is you get to believe what you want and I get to believe what I want.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
If the nutcase knew that there was a chance that SOMEONE had a gun on campus for the sole purpose of killing nut jobs who are intenet on killing others, he may have thought twice before carrying out his plan and just offed himself alone at home.
I seriously doubt that, if a person has come to the decision that he's gonna kill some people then kill himself I don't think the thought maybe someone will kill me before I get to kill myself is gonna stop him.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
I seriously doubt that, if a person has come to the decision that he's gonna kill some people then kill himself I don't think the thought maybe someone will kill me before I get to kill myself is gonna stop him.

If that's the case, how come more massacres do not happen at Gun Ranges?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

Exactly!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »
Are you serious, thats your argument...ok

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »

The guy wanted to die,  Having guns in the school would not have changed him mind.
Treat this guy the same way as a suicide bomber,  He was planning to die.

But if more people had guns in school,  One of them "May" Have been able to shoot him.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »
Like I said, this is just what I believe, thats guns don't belong in classrooms,

yeah, well armed killers that are off their meds don't belong in classrooms either.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
yeah, well armed killers that are off their meds don't belong in classrooms either.
I agree with you on that.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2008, 11:13:20 AM »

Are you serious, thats your argument...ok

Do you have a response to his argument?  Or is it too complicated for you to comprehend?

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »

Because Massacres happen at of home or work most often,   Places where the stress or arguments with others are the cause, where people spend most of their time.

Last time i was at a gun range  it was not much of either of those.  Most often it is just people doing there own thing.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
Do you have a response to his argument?  Or is it too complicated for you to comprehend?
Your right, why didn't we think of this before, we just turn all the classrooms into gun ranges and no one will ever want to kill anyone there, I mean Wow thats just an amazing idea there.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2008, 11:16:13 AM »
Your right, why didn't we think of this before, we just turn all the classrooms into gun ranges and no one will ever want to kill anyone there, I mean Wow thats just an amazing idea there.

Who said anything about turning classrooms into gun ranges?

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
Who said anything about turning classrooms into gun ranges?
Well he compared people not wanting to kill people at gun ranges so that must be the key, just turn the classroom into a gun range, no more school shootings.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »

because mostly only people who want to enjoy firearms in a safe and responsible attitude go to the range?

you're trying to say that because people are armed at a gun range, that is the only reason why nutters dont go there to kill people?
why dont these massacres happen at disney land? well that donald duck is a bit of a loose cannon on a good day, makes sense i spose.
bet you $100 more people die at shooting ranges from firearm related crime than do at the Orlando sealife center.
or is that because the sea lions have ccw permits?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]