Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7408 times)

Offline smoke6

• Zinc Member
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
i know this is just a game but it's a game that's supposed to be as close to ww2 as posible. it would have sounded silly if a neutral power were to tell the united states that they couldn't fly their P-51D's, P-47N's & F4U-4's simply because they were winning the war. can you imagine hitler complaing to roosevelt, stalin & churchill, whining about them using their best planes? i don't think so. let people fly what they want no matter what the so called balance is!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2008, 02:09:01 PM »
i know this is just a game but it's a game that's supposed to be as close to ww2 as posible. it would have sounded silly if a neutral power were to tell the united states that they couldn't fly their P-51D's, P-47N's & F4U-4's simply because they were winning the war. can you imagine hitler complaing to roosevelt, stalin & churchill, whining about them using their best planes? i don't think so. let people fly what they want no matter what the so called balance is!
Note that Germany, the outnumbered country, got better aircraft (Me 262, Me 163, Ta 152, etc...) Britain had the Meteor, but they didnt use it- the war was won and they didnt want to lose any. It was only used to shoot down V1 buzz bombs and vulch German airfeilds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »
i know this is just a game but it's a game that's supposed to be as close to ww2 as posible.

No it isn't. It is a game using WW2 planes. Did you notice there aren't even Germany, United Kingdom, USA? The countries are called Rooks, Bishops and Knights, it's a three-front war and for some strange reasons all countries start with the same number of bases and all planes available.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
"F4U-4's simply because they were winning the war."
It is these type of statements that always make the get rid of ENY crowd loose credibility with me.
Note, nothing about winning or loosing is in the value calculating system. Only how many people you have on your team.

And if anyone things they should be able to have an advantage in number of players on there team with out any other handicap. Then they are blind to basic game play principles of any type.

2nd if anyone else tells me they have a 70 member squad, I think I will just eject them. There is no such thing as a 70 person squad in AH.

Hmm maybe it is time to bring the squad limit down to 16.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2008, 02:39:59 PM »
how about making eny in effect for just sectors?  zones?  bases?   could that work?
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:33 PM »
wonder if you had two ma's.  one with eny, one without.  which one would be more popular?  i'd be in the ma with no eny.   :aok

And you would then be constantly complaining about the Hoard that was picking on little old you all the time in their Lalas, Spits, Nikis, and P-51Ds.  Seriously, before ENY restrictions, you were either fighting 20 other team mates to get that one kill, or you had 20 cons on your /-\55 trying to kill you.  You think the Hoard is bad now,  brother you don't know how bad it was before ENY restrictions were introduced.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:47:22 PM by Iron_Cross »

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
large maps, sometimes (alot of times) theres 5-6 attacking a base with 5-6 defenders but the defenders can up low eny planes due to overall numbers.
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »
u dont know me iron.  i've never complaind about "hoards"  get another catch phrase.  its getting old.
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
DadRabit, but now you are talking about things people can do something about. Where the high player team wants to use there forces is a choice up to them.

But how does a low number team choose to have more people?

People who ask for zone ENY are not trying to address the same game play issue. ENY Was not put in to address large groups of players. It is only there to address country imbalance.

The only thing I have considered adding to the system is once a country has 1/3 of the Arena cap, no more people can enter the arena in that country. But this would not have a huge effect because a lot  of the times the arenas are not full.

Also any other change I would add to effect country balance would be more limiting than the current system not less.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
i see your point ht.  maby its me but i've never had a problem with being on the recieving end of a large goup trying to take a base or me being in a large group trying to do the same.  with these large maps, theres plenty of room to roam an do what you want.
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
u dont know me iron.  i've never complaind about "hoards"  get another catch phrase.  its getting old.

No, but you will, when your side is outnumbered 10 to 1 and they choose your side to pick on.  I've seen it.  Large maps, reset in an hours time.  People logging off in disgust as they are outnumbered 10 to 1, both low countries combined.  Who thinks that is fun, I ask you that.  That is what is going to happen with no ENY.  It has happened before, and will happen again with no ENY restrictions. 

How one country uses their numerical superiority is up to them, but to be fair (and Hitech has stated this on many occasions ) the side that has numerical superiority does not get the "uber" rides, so that the other sides have at least a fair chance to defend themselves, and not get steam-rolled and reset in an hour.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:20:57 PM by Iron_Cross »

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
Yeah definately againsy eny. Played last night where had to fly planes with greater than 15 eny. Took away my fav. ride P51D. Got stuck flying planes I'm not used to like Spit5,109 series. :rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2008, 03:23:54 PM »
Yeah definately againsy eny. Played last night where had to fly planes with greater than 15 eny. Took away my fav. ride P51D. Got stuck flying planes I'm not used to like Spit5,109 series. :rolleyes:

P-51B has ENY 20...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
What was the eny at? Most likely you could have flown the 190A5 which is very similar to the pony.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »
 :rofl
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:34:49 PM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78