Author Topic: A challenge,- track your ancestors as far as possible  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: A challenge,- track your ancestors as far as possible
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
Those are from nearby Dusseldorf, so that makes you a...German :D
Anyway, you cannot trace the line down there, now can you :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »
Seems Im decended from one

Neander t.  hal

but that was a long time ago

;)

Yes, we can see the resemblance. ;)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »
I can go back to 975 for a poet sharing my name. I have an ancestor or at least a member of my clan who was a famed warrior who died alongside the famous high king of Ireland Brian Boru at the Battle of Clontarf in 1014 fighting against Angus' ancestors who were a raping and a pillaging back then. We won the battle  :rock

But direct ancestors are tougher to find. My sister is in the middle of it. One of my great great grandfathers was a Lord somebody or other who has had a statue erected to him in a park in Limerick city. You may address me as 'M'lord'.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

cain went out and got a wife from the other races that where allready here,  adam and eve where the first made in GODS image.

and yes GOD made those other races also, so we are all chrildren of GOD.
 but, seeings we live in the end of days,  most people do not believe in GOD  and think that science is the way.

Which generation has not lived in the end of days in the last 3k years or so? Why is everyone in such a hurry to stop playing Aces High? Please, stop yelling FIRE. By-the-by, how did this thread go from fun to religion?
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »
By-the-by, how did this thread go from fun to religion?
Well I have yet attended a Family Reunion without GOD or his SON being brought up...

Grandpa: "GOD dangit Cora where the Hell are my teeth?"
Grandma: "Jesus Christ Herman they're still in the dam glass you left them in.
Mom: "Holy Chit, Pop lost his teeth again?"
Dad: "Well come Hell or High Water somebody under GODs creation better find his dam teeth."
My Brother: "Can I have Pop Pops corn if we don't find his teeth?"
Mom: *Slaps the GOD fearing crap outta my Lil Brother, then looks at me*
Me: "To Hell with this corn!"
My Sister: *Begins to cry like Hell*

Yeah I see alotta religion in a thread such as this.  Family Reunions are Fun.

:D

Mac
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:51:57 PM by AWMac »

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »
Morroco in the 1800s. But realisticly proably could trace all the way to 1400's pre-inquisition spain.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »
I can go back to 975 for a poet sharing my name. I have an ancestor or at least a member of my clan who was a famed warrior who died alongside the famous high king of Ireland Brian Boru at the Battle of Clontarf in 1014 fighting against Angus' ancestors who were a raping and a pillaging back then. We won the battle  :rock

But direct ancestors are tougher to find. My sister is in the middle of it. One of my great great grandfathers was a Lord somebody or other who has had a statue erected to him in a park in Limerick city. You may address me as 'M'lord'.

Just wait...
I'll get into my British line. I could also get into my Norse line, but that one bluts away in the 8th century.
My British line comes from Pillaging. Well, actually Ireland. My ancestor-ess was grabbed by Norse Vikings and sold to an Icelandic Viking who fell in love with her, while doing his "pillage" duty for the King of Norway.
Oddly enough, they split up later, and he gave her a farm, where she lived with her son, who later took over..
Names arrive later :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »
BTW, as far as I know, we do not come from Neaderthals. They were a sideline.
I am amazed that nobody actually quoted on this...

Getting back...into line...I can go as far as "Melkorka daughter of Mýrkjartan" which is in Gaelich "Muirckertoch" from the clan of McNeill.
I will need to get into some files for tracking, but it goes down deep into the Irish Monarchies of 1000 and earlier.
Their logs are quite interesting. The onland of England post-Roman untill their kings seems quite blurry for instance.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »
we tracked my Daddy as far as North Carolina, but after that his trail just dried up.  :frown:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
Yes, we can see the resemblance. ;)

LOL if you ever saw a picture of me.
you would see just how accurate that statement is LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline snowey

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »
my dad has it all the way back to when my family moved to america from ireland in the early 1900 i am a litle over 50 irish and my dad has it back to the early 1800
snowey
=55th=VelociRaptors
Flying since tour 79
VansCrew is a traitor and deserves to be shot
yes i know i cant spell so don't say anything about it

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2008, 04:59:56 AM »
If you're back to 1800 in Ireland, you should be able to get further.
My wife (who is German) has it back to 1600 or so, but then things blur out, - constant land warfare on the continent you see.
But Ireland had long and well registered lines. If you can track to a line of nobles, then Presto, - you have an express backwards for centuries.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 06:44:38 AM »
The records of my own line have been lost in burning churches during the wars, 1939-40 and 1941-44 :(

However, my kids, through my wife, can be traced 15 generations back to Swedish king Erik XIV. His father was King Gustav I (Gustav Vasa) and 13 generations back from Gustav, there are Leopold III (Saint Leopold) the Margrave of Austria (1073-1136) and his wife, Agnes of Germany (widow of Duke Frederick I of Swabia).

It is also told that Erik XIV was very interested in genealogy and had drawn his family tree back some 90 generations, all the way to Adam... :)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
Blauk, you might want to keep a close eye on those kids.
read the end of the 1st paragraph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_XIV_of_Sweden

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
My grandfather researched it back to a man beheaded for rape, murder, and stealing horses, in what became Bavaria, in the 800's AD.

Following my geneology back I'm related to some rather dubious fellows, 1 burgermeister (spelling?), 1 American President (Reagan), 2 serial killers, most of the Irish mob in Boston, alot of WW1 and WW2 vets, and possibly a girl I dated in high school (we may have had a common ancestor who was born in 1650ish).