Author Topic: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »
Just curious after reading the Spit 14 debate.  Why did you choose a certain bird as your main ride in AH?

I know I'm a 38G snob.  But I fly it because of the history I 'feel' when I fly my cartoon 38G along with wanting to see what I can do in something that's not the latest and greatest.

I'm assuming there are others with the history angle like me that may choose a 109 version or a Mustang, or a Spit for the same reasons.  It gets them a bit closer to the stories they read over the years.

So what make you 'fly' a particular bird?  Is it just to be able to compete?  Is it history?  Is it performance?  Is it the challenge of doing more with less?

Not passing judgement, juse wondering. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Re: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:20:24 AM »
My favorite ride is the Mossy, I fly it so i have an excuse why i died......LOL  Besides, it's just so dam sexy   :D
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:37:51 AM »
I fly the D9 in AH because it's the same plane I flew in AW, and the K4 because it's a fun/challenging plane to fly.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:57 AM »
I've flown the P38J in one form or another for a long time, longer than AH has been around. What strikes me is no matter how much I learn about it, there is always something new to learn.

It is an easy plane to get around in but much tougher to master...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:49:01 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:47:26 AM »
I fly the A6M simply because it's the one plane I know how to fly better than all the rest. I know it's limitations and capabilities like the back of my hand. Simply put, I just feel most comfortable in the A6M.
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:52:37 AM »
I generally fly with two rides, one to learn in and one to fight in. Right now, I'm generally in an F6F, but I'm trying to learn the 109 side of things, a plane I've never really flown before. Going between the two extremes seems to keep me at my best. But, there is that something which hooks a man once you've dove into a horde on those two big engines and come out at the other side with 9 kills, with that one engine left carrying you home to land.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
I generally fly with two rides, one to learn in and one to fight in. Right now, I'm generally in an F6F, but I'm trying to learn the 109 side of things, a plane I've never really flown before. Going between the two extremes seems to keep me at my best. But, there is that something which hooks a man once you've dove into a horde on those two big engines and come out at the other side with 9 kills, with that one engine left carrying you home to land.

OK you lost me here, which plane; the F6F or 109 you fly has two engines? I would love to fly a twin engine F6F...LOL...

I am sure you forgot something somewhere in your post about what twin engine plane you use to dive through a horde and come out with your 9 kills.  :D
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »
Hog-1      My father retired from FAA years ago and he always had aircraft stuff and info lying around the house.  I picked up on the hog after I got a model of one when I was 8 yo or so.  Then came Baa Baa Blacksheep  TV show.  I was hooked.  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 02:07:31 AM »
OK you lost me here, which plane; the F6F or 109 you fly has two engines? I would love to fly a twin engine F6F...LOL...

I am sure you forgot something somewhere in your post about what twin engine plane you use to dive through a horde and come out with your 9 kills.  :D

I glue a f6f and 109 together.  :rock

I was actually talking about the P38, but I failed to include the plane. It's 2 a.m.

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:09:09 AM »
i first started and i flew B24's and flew them exclusively then tried fighters after a while and learned the spit mastered the spit8. After this i have been all round the plane set. I kind of have a goal learning everything mediocre then advancing to mastering a plane. Right now i have kinda fallin for the 38's (which i just thought were an easy target til hitting lazer and a wingie) . It has kinda grown on me tho so im in the 38L as of right now. Well nothing makes me feel like an awesome pilot like reversing a spit16 its awesome. Out of all the planes i would have to say the B24 for the history and the brave men that manned them.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »
Why do I choose the plane I fly?......

2sBlind

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 02:15:06 AM »
 :O
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 02:29:52 AM »
I like the turn fighters because they fit my personality best. I'm not much of runner or a back biter. I love the Spit 8, Ki-84, FM2 and getting back to loving the A5 and 109-f.

Coming from a base taking squad that works as a team, we need to take hvy Jabo's up almost always so I spend most of my time in those. F6, F4U-d or 4, P38 which I really suck in as a fighter but packs a great ground punch and of course the Pony.

I'm not sure if I like the spit 8 or Ki better but I do know i like anything with rockets...... which reminds me. FW 190F-8
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:31:35 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 02:42:19 AM »
I'm not sure but it must be the BMW 801 that attracts my imagination.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Rusty88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 03:10:10 AM »
Currently I like flying the spit 16 cause I'm new and its pretty easy to maneuver. :aok