Author Topic: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)  (Read 8610 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2008, 11:48:09 AM »
just score it separately - If they shoot a plane within 30seconds of it lifting off it shows up as a diff stat.  If you get killed in 30 seconds it shows up as a diff stat.  Then at least those interested in score would be able to read the data of themselves and others correctly - those that wanted to shoot helpless planes would be scored appropriately  - Those that try to up at capped fields trying to defend would be reflected - Those that never upped at capped fields would show - and those that never vulch would be shown. :D

Na man the entire deal is to take away the reward for the vulch. If you still give them points/score and landed kills in highlight for vulches it wouldn't serve as a deterrent to the problem or reward them for fighting. The entire idea is based on taking away the reward they are getting for vulching, otherwise the idea it's self would lack any substance.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:49:50 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »
Let's be clear here on this point. Vulchers who run out of ammo gunning repeatedly upping formations of heavy's get no sympathy. These guys aren't doing it because they necessarily have a vested interest in capturing the base. They do it to pump up their score on an easy target which represents a negligible risk to base capture, usually after they dropped the FHs.
Or maybe they just like to see toejam blow up.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:23 AM »
Or maybe they just like to see poop blow up.

Yup, we are assuming some are indeed motivated by , "Ripping the wings off flies" or "Zapping ants with a magnifying glass". If that is there sole motivation for vulching then score won't matter to them and they will continue to vulch, no problem, whatever "flutters your putter". However, If they also care about score they will have to make a decision which motivation is more important to them and behave accordingly.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »
I don't see how ripping wings off flies applies to explosion sprites on the ground but not in the air. The fact remains that carnage and general mayhem is at its highest when two groups meet head on, and during intense caps/vulches.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
Na man the entire deal is to take away the reward for the vulch. If you still give them points/score and landed kills in highlight for vulches it wouldn't serve as a deterrent to the problem or reward them for fighting. The entire idea is based on taking away the reward they are getting for vulching, otherwise the idea it's self would lack any substance.

I was just trying to mediate.  I would rather see this then nothing.  I think it would still be a deterrent to some :uhoh

I would not want to be know as the averall high scoring vulcher or even have a 5-1 K/D and get busted out on 60% vulches.
Jay12

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »

Why does anyone care about this?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
I don't see how ripping wings off flies applies to explosion sprites on the ground but not in the air. The fact remains that carnage and general mayhem is at its highest when two groups meet head on, and during intense caps/vulches.

You might want to try Quake, it's sounds more like your cup of tea. ;) You'll have all the mayhem, explosions and carnage you can stand...

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
Why does anyone care about this?

I'd think any Muppet would understand why we should be trying to push this game towards fighting  and furballing vs how fast the hoard can de-ack a base to get the vulch going. The idea is to take away the reward for vulching and give a reward for fighting in the air.. I think the "why" is self explanatory.  :huh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 12:53:14 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »

Nothing stops anyone from vulching with this idea, but rather tries to put the focus on killing guys in the air vs being a limp wrist vulch tard.
"strafing"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »

I was just trying to mediate. 

I made that mistake, too. :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
I'd think any Muppet would understand why we should be trying to push this game towards fighting  and furballing vs how fast the hoard can de-ack a base to get the vulch going. The idea is to take away the reward for vulching and give a reward for fighting in the air.. I think the "why" is self explanatory.  :huh

It sounds like you  are trying to define one game play as better than another then you want to go about setting rules to enforce such. I am completely against that.  

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
You might want to try Quake, it's sounds more like your cup of tea. ;) You'll have all the mayhem, explosions and carnage you can stand...
If I sucked at flying and like arcade physics I might give up AH, yep.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »
It sounds like you  are trying to define one game play as better than another then you want to go about setting rules to enforce such. I am completely against that.  

How is this setting rules to enforce anything? It's simply not rewarding players for gaming the game and rather rewarding players who choose to actually fight. Nothing in this stops anyone from vulching if they just like to see things blow up or like pulling wings off flys. It just doesn't allow them to gain score or perks for it.. (ie not a rule but a deterrent)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:10:03 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »
How is this setting rules to enforce anything? It's simply not rewarding players for gaming the game and rather rewarding players who choose to actually fight. Nothing in this stops anyone from vulching if they just like to see things blow up or like pulling wings off flys. It just doesn't allow them to gain score or perks for it.. (ie not a rule but a deterrent)

Why do we need a deterrent?

How are these vulchers and tool shedders ruining the game?  Sure it sucks when a toolshedder comes along and kills all the hangars.  OTOH, all those toolshedders provide targets for others and motivation for people to defend.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »
If I sucked at flying and like arcade physics I might give up AH, yep.

There's very little emphasis on good flying or understanding of physics required to swan dive on a freshly spawned, ground-bound aircraft...You're either doing it for score, the text buffer candy "puff piece", the "Pulling the wings off flies" factor, or the visceral, child-like enjoyment of explosive graphical cartoon eye candy you've seen 10 billion times before...I know you aren't in it for the real-estate..