Author Topic: What a friking boring game this has become  (Read 5344 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: What a friking boring game this has become
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:13 AM »
After reading some of the comments on the 190s in here, I decided to take one out for ride.

I picked the A8.

Wow!! Pretty fast, the roll rate was great, and holy chiz!! The guns!!

I plowed through a furball with guns blazings and actually got a few kills in one pass!! lol

Also did a few 1v1s and found it to be alot fun too!!

But quickly discovered that even when working the throttle, its not much of a turner.

Gonna try to learn to fly this plane.

Having flown it only a couple times, I can understand the attraction to this plane, but still don't understand why alot(not all) of guys run away in it.

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
After reading some of the comments on the 190s in here, I decided to take one out for ride.

Having flown it only a couple times, I can understand the attraction to this plane, but still don't understand why alot(not all) of guys run away in it.

In an A8 you want to keep your E at all costs, it stands almost no chance in a duel against the usual uber rides. I has a pretty low deck speed but a correct energy conservation, so you do want to zoom whenever you can in order to survive against the horde.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
I've gotten pretty good with the A8.  Yup BnZ all the way.

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
All I did tonight was chase runners.  Finally, exasperated after a couple hours of this I went to the DA to find a fight and all I found in the furball area were more runners.

What a joke.

Getting back to the original post. 

For all you experts, old timers, AHIIgods etc. who cannot seem to find whatever so called good fight your looking for, I have a question.

How much time have you put into the community giving any kind of meaningful instruction and mentoring to new players?  I mean here you all are, skilled beyond (whatever) and complain about newbs who run? 

In a little over a year now, I can finally hold my own.  Mainly because of training I have recieved from the likes of Kilz, Knuckles, Jeb, etc.  I also now pass on to the new guy by the way.  Maybe if we spent more time seeking out the new guy who is willing to learn and train him properly and correctly instead of criticing, chastizing, and putting down the newb runner?  The community would be a better place?  I dunno.  Just an idea. 

Maybe I am still so new I don't understand all the angst of these posts.  I appologize for still being new and not understanding the AH of old.

I just think that you need to understand that this game is so complex the new guy doesnt even know what he doesnt even know.   

Maybe approaching whoever it is that didnt fly to your so called standards, you might want to see if they want a little help in becomming a better turn fighter or BnZ guy, or hopefully BOTH!   :)

:salute

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »
Fear not, school is about to start back up, and the afore-mentioned borg-cube members, who haven't been playing long enough to grasp what the game is all about, but CAN grasp that flying at 15k with 15 wingies is safe, or whording an empty base with 30 wingies, will fall by the wayside

The sad thing is its not the "kids" doing it anymore, the truth is there are alot of seasoned players doing this also for the "points" or "rank".
There are some supposodly "good sticks" (at least thats what the ranking/points gods say) out there in the MA that are good at throwing the sheep to the wolves so the feeding can begin, they are only fooling themselves, we know who they are and we all have seen it so many times.

Just the other day, I watched a huge group of guys come in at strato alts, picked anything that tries to at least give them a fight and when enough guys eventually got up to even out the numbers any surviving planes high tailed it out of there to land the kills they just picked.  
You got to ask yourself, who are they fooling more than anyone?  Its the  newbs they brought with them to send down as bait so they can take advantage of them not knowing any better, the ones that were landing all the spectacular kills were the Seasoned players that could only do this with the sacrificial bait they had used.

When I catch these "awesome" players alone, usually they are no match, since they dont have the dozen guys zooming your six to save them, and yes they run, fast and hard to the nearest base or help they can find.

I dont care about my score whatsoever and probably die more than not, I will run my plane out of gas chasing them if need be. However, I have noticed for some reason my score has actually gotten better this tour for one reason, through the frustration of what has been going on lately and tactics used by these score whordes, I have been doing what I like to call "HeadHunting", when I find a group of picktards looking for the easy kills, I actively and relentlessly pursue them until they just get tired of getting shot down in thier uber rides, like Temps, 51's, LA's, I look for the "Runners" that get the kills to take home since these are the ones that will do anything to get away so their Precious score wont get affected.

I Vote "yes" to Headhunting, works for me. :D

So to you guys that fit this bill of hiding in your horde or running as fast as you can to the deck when you run out of sacrificial lambs, the guy on your six could be "Daddy", I will not give up or give you any respect: if your RTB, out of fuel or ammo, trying to land, going for the ack, AFK,,, wont bother me a bit to add you to my list.

<S>

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »
Getting back to the original post. 

How much time have you put into the community giving any kind of meaningful instruction and mentoring to new players?  I mean here you all are, skilled beyond (whatever) and complain about newbs who run? 

Lets see, hours? days? weeks?  Months?  How about you?  How many times have you asked for help and got refused?  Or should I maybe asking who needs help every time I log in?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »
All I did tonight was chase runners.  Finally, exasperated after a couple hours of this I went to the DA to find a fight and all I found in the furball area were more runners.

What a joke.
"BORING" to you.  Beat the burnout.. Go unload on another hobby...  And then come back fresh, and ready to apreciate the game for what it is.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2008, 10:38:12 AM »
I don't fly em, but 51's flown by good sticks like Steve or SkatSr can dogfight REAL well....190d9's...not so much. The fact that one chooses to fly them in the first place is telling.

Is telling what?
That because someone flys a 190 that there a dweeb?
No maybe I like the history behind the 190, or its fantastic rate of roll. But you cant single out a certain aircraft and say "Ok you fly a 190 your a dweeb", look at snailman. Hes probably one of the best sticks in the game, And yet he fly's a 190. So what? Maybe you shouldnt paint with such a broad brush, and remember ITS THE PILOT, NOT THE PLANE
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »
spit-16 chasing 190? I almost don't feel bad for 190s
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
Lets see, hours? days? weeks?  Months?  How about you?  How many times have you asked for help and got refused?  Or should I maybe asking who needs help every time I log in?

:salute  Keep up the good work.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »

For all you experts, old timers, AHIIgods etc. who cannot seem to find whatever so called good fight your looking for, I have a question.

The older players DO help the ones who are willing to learn, they pick and choose with no fanfare.  Problem is most of these newer players want instant gratification and are unwilling to spend the time to learn.  Vets don't like wasting their time teaching someone who is unwilling to even read the basic help files.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
Is telling what?
That because someone flys a 190 that there a dweeb?
No maybe I like the history behind the 190, or its fantastic rate of roll. But you cant single out a certain aircraft and say "Ok you fly a 190 your a dweeb", look at snailman. Hes probably one of the best sticks in the game, And yet he fly's a 190. So what? Maybe you shouldnt paint with such a broad brush, and remember ITS THE PILOT, NOT THE PLANE

I totally agree!

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2008, 10:44:10 AM »
The older players DO help the ones who are willing to learn, they pick and choose with no fanfare.  Problem is most of these newer players want instant gratification and are unwilling to spend the time to learn.  Vets don't like wasting their time teaching someone who is unwilling to even read the basic help files.

Roger that.  Then help me out.  What is it I am missing here about all this strife the old timers are having?  With all due respect here,  AND I DO MEAN JUST THAT.  What was so great about the AH of old.  What was so different?  I really do not know and Im trying to understand what you and the others here are complaining about.  Im still new with only a year total under my belt. :confused:  I guess I dont find this game boring at all.  And I am like  :rolleyes:  WHAT?  Boring?

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:46:19 AM by JETBLST »

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
Problem is there are too many new players for the Vets to train properly.  This game got too popular too quick.  HTC should never have started to advertise on TV in my opinion.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
Problem is there are too many new players for the Vets to train properly.  This game got too popular too quick.  HTC should never have started to advertise on TV in my opinion.

What kind of business mentality is that Xargos!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'