Author Topic: Palin / Couric Interview World Verdict: Moose lady is a complete moron  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
Face it, she's not qualified. Say it. Say it out loud.

Reaction from the left:

Palin talks to Couric -- and if she's lucky, few are listening  James Rainey - LATimes
Her third nationally televised interview, with CBS anchor Katie Couric, found Palin rambling, marginally responsive and even more adrift than during her network debut with ABC’s Charles Gibson.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,3542588.story

Shameless and clueless Sarah Palin  David Horsey - Seattle Post-Intelligencer
How would Republicans be reacting if Gov. Christine Gregoire were the Democratic candidate for vice president and she claimed that, because Washington borders Canada and sends trade missions to Japan and China and Russia, she is, therefore, experienced in foreign policy? And what if Gregoire also claimed to be a seasoned commander-in-chief because she is titular head of the Washington National Guard? We all know how Republicans would react: they would roar with mocking laughter. And they would be absolutely right to mock such idiotic pretense.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/davidhorsey/archives/149699.asp?from=blog_last3

Reaction from the center:

I’m sorry — Sarah Palin is a bad joke  Jay Bookman - Atlanta Journal and Constitution
Palin is living, breathing proof that John McCain lies when he claims to put this country first over politics. She makes Dan Quayle look like Albert Einstein with a better haircut.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/bookman/entries/2008/09/25/im_sorry_sarah_palin_is_a_bad.html

Katie Couric carves up Sarah Palin  Kansas City Star 
Palin looks unprepared to be vice president (and certainly president)

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2157

And even - just for the OC wingnuts - complete disdain from the far right:

Jake Tapper quotes conservative columnist Kathleen Parker:
    Watching the CBS interview of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin did not exactly fill Parker with confidence:
    "Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/ill-try-to-find.html

Babbling Palin ‘makes George Bush sound like Cicero’  Rod Dreher
    a religious-conservative blogger who frequently appears on Fox News and was as recently as last week a Palin supporter, says the Alaskan Governor "was mediocre". Dreher says he felt "embarrassed" listening to Palin "regurgitating talking points mechanically, not thinking. [She’s] just babbling. She makes George W. Bush sound like Cicero."

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/uselection,0,babbling-palin-makes-george-bush-sound-like-cicero,46939

And finally, here is Joe Scarbourough this morning. I mean, Morning Joe has caved on Palin!

If she can't answer basic questions, that's tough. Katie did not ask her tough questions, her questions were very fair. Apparently Katie asked her, "what's the worst thing Dick Cheney did", and she answered "Shooting his friend with the gun". Us Elections aren't a meritocracy, about picking the most qualified people, it's obvious she has very little knowledge of US facts. She may be a good person and a good governor, she has also has a high approval rating, but is this is the best person you can find for Vice President? but what does this say about Palin and McCain's judgment? - Morning Joe
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:48:43 PM by Dos Equis »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Palin / Couric Interview World Verdict: Moose lady is a complete moron
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
She's even more qualified to be president than Obama is to be vp. Keep on ranting but you get only one vote.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
yes, she sure stumbled.  It reminded me why I dont watch couric.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »
Yeager,

Come on now...you thought Palin did well there???

At times it reminded me of that beauty pagaent contestant from South Carolina...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Actually, found this....kind of funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ0xySe0uRw

:)

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »

I only watch couric to see them legs...she got some nice legs....finer than a new set of snow tires!!! :rock
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 03:17:25 PM »
When asked about the bailout:

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Helping the — Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans.

I'm sorry but that's just gibberish. They've stuffed her head so full of talking points and sound bites they're just randomly spilling out. Palin is starting to remind me of James Stockdale.

myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

Lol...cuz, Couric asked her some tough questions.  "Why do you think your job as governor of Alaska gives you foreign policy experience, as you have stated?"

About as much a "softball" as you can get.....underhanded, slow pitch, at that... and Palin whiffed on it.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
 Couric is a Republican. Thats probably why they let Gov. Palin interview with her. There was nothing tough about the questions. She just didn't get to the point. She needs to learn to keep her answers short, strait to the point.

Her counting Alaska being next to  Russia as foreign policy experiance makes me wonder if they (McCain Campaign) are doing anything to help her get up to speed. Does she have her own staff? Are they qualified?

Her answer on the bailout was rambling, bumbling and it seemed like she has trouble focusing the point. It would seem as though she was (in her mind) trying to drop in health care and some other things before getting to the point.

Right now I would have to say that Senator Biden is going to tear her up. Not that the VP, or presidents debate will make a difference in the election.

I think she is unprepared and it is a failure of her/ her staff, McCain's staff. It's like they launched her then sent her out with no prep.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 04:03:55 PM »
Couric is a Republican?   :huh
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »
Couric is a Republican?   :huh

YUP.  As is Letterman.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
i bet palin knows there was no TV in 1929 and that FDR was not president in 1929.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »
i bet palin knows there was no TV in 1929 and that FDR was not president in 1929.

and your point would be??
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »

Ya but she counts it as her foreign policy experiance.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »
Her answer should have been:

In Alas-ka (love the way she says that) we have Russia a stones throw to one side and Canada on the other. We're literally surrounded by foreign countries.. you have to drive through or fly over Canada just to get up here. When the Russians 'test' our nations readiness they do it here... and Alaska National Guard forces under my command are part of the first line of defense against Russian incursion. With extensive difficult negotiations with both Canada and the Oil companies I've recently concluded a pipeline deal that transects both Canada and Alaska.. negotiations that were not just profitable to Alaskans, they were beneficial to the United States and were firm steps towards helping Alaska in partnership with Canada and the Oil Companies to help reduce our national dependence of Foreign Oil.

She blew it. I also suspect she'll get the hang of it. I guess we'll see... ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.