Author Topic: Palin / Couric Interview World Verdict: Moose lady is a complete moron  (Read 1280 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Re: Palin / Couric Interview World Verdict: Moose lady is a complete moron
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
the left would have done to Rice what they did to Powell, called her a "house negro".

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »
Condi Rice was my first pick too. Unlike the op though I don't find Palin to be "a complete moron". She could hardly have gotten where she is if that were true. Sounds like more panic from the bitter and vitriolic left to me.

Look where Bush got with his IQ.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
YUP.  As is Letterman.

Are you sure about that?  I always thought he was a Dem.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »

Not sure what you mean. Bush's IQ ha been estimated to be around 130. That's probably pretty average for US Presidents.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »

Not sure what you mean. Bush's IQ ha been estimated to be around 130. That's probably pretty average for US Presidents.

Well listening to him speak, I find myself thinking otherwise.  He shows very little sign of actually understanding any of the issues on the table, and in addition his speeches seem to be at best disjointed.

Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »

Jimmy Carter, on the other hand, is probably the most intelligent man (graduate-level work in nuclear physics) ever to occupy the White House
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
would you happen to know what his (Bush) IQ is?  I sure dont.  Please do tell.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »
Jimmy Carter, on the other hand, is probably the most intelligent man (graduate-level work in nuclear physics) ever to occupy the White House
I never would have guessed.  He seems more like a peanut farmer to me  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 07:16:43 PM »
Most of the people working in the Federal Government undoubtedly have high IQs, so you would expect them to know what they're doing.

On the other hand, most are lawyers...

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaavard Lawyers. And an old Mud Mover.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2008, 07:25:24 PM »
I think they pronounce it "Haavahd."

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »
thanks.. I've always had trouble with the 'a' count and placement. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »

I seriously doubt his IQ is much above average.

OTH Jimmy Carter book smart, still lousy as President.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
It no longer amazes me how some people feel they are entitled to pronounce the "world's verdict" when all they're doing is voicing their opinion. State your position or opinion, back it up, and let it stand on its own merits, rather than claiming the "world agrees with me".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »
Face it, she's not qualified. Say it. Say it out loud.

Reaction from the left:

Palin talks to Couric -- and if she's lucky, few are listening  James Rainey - LATimes
Her third nationally televised interview, with CBS anchor Katie Couric, found Palin rambling, marginally responsive and even more adrift than during her network debut with ABC’s Charles Gibson.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,3542588.story

Shameless and clueless Sarah Palin  David Horsey - Seattle Post-Intelligencer
How would Republicans be reacting if Gov. Christine Gregoire were the Democratic candidate for vice president and she claimed that, because Washington borders Canada and sends trade missions to Japan and China and Russia, she is, therefore, experienced in foreign policy? And what if Gregoire also claimed to be a seasoned commander-in-chief because she is titular head of the Washington National Guard? We all know how Republicans would react: they would roar with mocking laughter. And they would be absolutely right to mock such idiotic pretense.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/davidhorsey/archives/149699.asp?from=blog_last3

Reaction from the center:

I’m sorry — Sarah Palin is a bad joke  Jay Bookman - Atlanta Journal and Constitution
Palin is living, breathing proof that John McCain lies when he claims to put this country first over politics. She makes Dan Quayle look like Albert Einstein with a better haircut.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/bookman/entries/2008/09/25/im_sorry_sarah_palin_is_a_bad.html

Katie Couric carves up Sarah Palin  Kansas City Star 
Palin looks unprepared to be vice president (and certainly president)

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2157

And even - just for the OC wingnuts - complete disdain from the far right:

Jake Tapper quotes conservative columnist Kathleen Parker:
    Watching the CBS interview of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin did not exactly fill Parker with confidence:
    "Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/ill-try-to-find.html

Babbling Palin ‘makes George Bush sound like Cicero’  Rod Dreher
    a religious-conservative blogger who frequently appears on Fox News and was as recently as last week a Palin supporter, says the Alaskan Governor "was mediocre". Dreher says he felt "embarrassed" listening to Palin "regurgitating talking points mechanically, not thinking. [She’s] just babbling. She makes George W. Bush sound like Cicero."

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/uselection,0,babbling-palin-makes-george-bush-sound-like-cicero,46939

And finally, here is Joe Scarbourough this morning. I mean, Morning Joe has caved on Palin!

If she can't answer basic questions, that's tough. Katie did not ask her tough questions, her questions were very fair. Apparently Katie asked her, "what's the worst thing Dick Cheney did", and she answered "Shooting his friend with the gun". Us Elections aren't a meritocracy, about picking the most qualified people, it's obvious she has very little knowledge of US facts. She may be a good person and a good governor, she has also has a high approval rating, but is this is the best person you can find for Vice President? but what does this say about Palin and McCain's judgment? - Morning Joe

I just saw this on youtube, and Couric was being a real b***h to her. I'm suprised Palin took that.
No one knows what the future may bring.