Author Topic: Spying  (Read 12471 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spying
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »
Who really gives a crap about any of this? And if anyone really does care, what are you going to do to stop it?

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »
Oh noeess! we might lose teh warz!

Just fly your plane and be done with it.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 07:52:02 AM »

:rolleyes: Aces High is played on the internet.  :rolleyes: Spying is okay. :rolleyes: :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »
And it's incredible how brave a few of you are while anonymous.

well.....that's the cause of all......cartoons planes and anonymous chasteners.....easy game when everyone can be so blasting without exposing his face... :t
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
sentenced to a week of p-40.

oooo thats harsh :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2008, 08:34:32 AM »
I will just throw this one out there. I upped one time with my squad and heard some VOX communications mentioning that the country being attacked could not use their shore battery. Was quite amuzed, and said that the country was really raising cain. I was climbing out heavy at the time and broke formation with my squad and landed, letting my OIC know that I wasn't going to participate. I get angry when a second account sits in our shore battery and monitors communications, so I am not doing it to someone else. I also spend alot of time upping at bases being hit NOE. A lot of times that is a fun fight, and usually over one way or another fairly quickly.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
Countries??? What Countries...... I only see chess pieces.......  :huh

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2008, 09:06:28 AM »
one suggestion;

turn off all private cross-country communications, voice and text.

i'd assume they'd have to resort to i.m's, ventrilo or phone calls. lol!

but really, spying will never be stopped. period. deal with it. have fun and don't stress out, you'll live longer.

This is a horrible idea.  I'd have to get ventrillo or a phone to tell my buddies where the cv...I mean where a good fight is at.  :D

Seriously you gave the reason why it wouldn't make a difference against spies and be a huge PITA for everyone else who can make friends with other chess pieces.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2008, 09:21:20 AM »

In the immortal words of Foghorn Leghorn, That was a yolk son a yolk. Remember you laughed. BTW, I missed quoted myself. What I said was "Do you have written permission".

Let me add that wingnutt and Bmw are both great individuals that I enjoy flying with and of course I'm going to defend my wingies.

But feel free to join our missions. We won't accuse you of spying. But bring written permission.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 09:56:54 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »
Who really gives a crap about any of this? And if anyone really does care, what are you going to do to stop it?

Amen. Frankly I just accept it. If someone wants to spy on us then so be it and we will get into the battle sooner. However, it never hurts to be vigilant and know who is watching. That's a part of war too.

Let me add this. We are all hypocrits. We point our fingers at those across the border and say bad while folks on our own side are doing it.

In Air Warriors, back in the day, I was a pretty good pilot, I use to have people switch countries and fly right beside me just to report where I was to their comrades.  :rofl :rofl Well I'm not a worry these days.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:08:46 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
Mata Hari was hotttttttttttttttt!
Lighten up Francis

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2008, 10:35:22 AM »
Now I'm not a base taker, but I don't think NOE should be taken out of the game. It was possible to go below dar in real life, why not here?

You guys whine that they attack defenseless bases, well they're not defenseless if you up to defend, rather than sit in the tower saying "OMG NOE ALERT" because you're worried to ruin your K/D.

I enjoy upping and flying fighter cover for NOE missions (sometime) if nothing else is going on. Now I won't carry ords or kill town, I still like flying cover, just a change of pace for a while.

Now I don't find base taking fun like RT, but, I think they're an excellent group of guys, and telling them to run missions only with their squad is dumb. It may be hard for some people to realize base taking is fun for some guys (because I don't really think it is) but people enjoy FALCON's and other RT member's missions. They pay their $15 a month, if they think it's fun let them join.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:30 AM »
While I agree with some stuff, I'll break up your quote with some answers:

Now I'm not a base taker, but I don't think NOE should be taken out of the game. It was possible to go below dar in real life, why not here?You guys whine that they attack defenseless bases, well they're not defenseless if you up to defend, rather than sit in the tower saying "OMG NOE ALERT" because you're worried to ruin your K/D.

About being below dar, yes.  NOE raids were performed.  Some ended miserably and some sucessfully.  But besides dar, countries in WW2 had thousands of soldiers and civilians watching the skies for enemy planes.  We don't have that luxury.

And about defending against NOE raids.  Seriously?  We'd have to sit in a tower and wait while watching the map for a base to flash and then up to see if it's a bunch of NOE planes or just one random gv.  This is boring and I don't think anyone would want to do it.  Furthermore in order for this to work you'd need at least 5 or 10 people doing it constantly.  Count me out.

NOE attacks are hard to detect first off and if someone is calling it out on country than the enemy is probably already setting up the vulch.  I'm not worried about my K/D but I don't have a lot of fun rolling 20 seconds on a runway defenceless before getting blown up a couple dozen times in a row.  I'm going to want a little alt, which means I'm coming in from another base.  But guess what, too late the base is gone.  Pretty lame.

I enjoy upping and flying fighter cover for NOE missions (sometime) if nothing else is going on. Now I won't carry ords or kill town, I still like flying cover, just a change of pace for a while.

I don't quite know how to respond to this.  You enjoy enabling NOE missions?  More power to ya; the land grab (especially the NOE variety) game isn't my cup of tea.

Now I don't find base taking fun like RT, but, I think they're an excellent group of guys, and telling them to run missions only with their squad is dumb. It may be hard for some people to realize base taking is fun for some guys (because I don't really think it is) but people enjoy FALCON's and other RT member's missions. They pay their $15 a month, if they think it's fun let them join.

I could care less what they do with the game.  If they post the misshun and allow others to join they shouldn't expect it to stay a secret.  Don't post misshuns NOE if your scared of spies ruining it.  Pretty simple, huh?

<S> have a nice day
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:24:56 AM by bongaroo »
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

Just some thoughts here...NOE Raids in the MA occur below 500 feet Above Ground Level (AGL)...I think that is where the DAR is set.

Further, the DAR Circle is 25 miles in diameter...and at 12.5 miles the base will begin flashing even though you are still under 500 feet Above Ground Level (AGL)...this is indicative of an NOE Raid!

Why? Because HTC modeled in the Civilian Watchers, and the Coast Watchers...the base will receive advanced warning of your low level attack at 12.5 miles from the base.

Now, whether or not you accept this fact...that is up to you.

<S>
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC