Author Topic: Land Grabbing  (Read 5010 times)

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
Re: Land Grabbing
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »
Well after reading all of the posts here I come to the conclusion that no matter what kind of base taking or map wining goes on you guys just don't like it, but think about this, lets say we stop taking bases leave the maps unwon and play the same maps for months on end, I bet the same people who do all the complaining would start taking bases at any cost just to change the map, so what is the purpose of the game as some of had said, I think it is all of the above.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »
Naa.... they would start a rotation like they used to have.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2009, 07:11:28 PM »
Naa.... they would start a rotation like they used to have.

Apparently they think they are responsible for all the map resets. Even the ones with over 200 bases.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
you know,after reading much of this,especially from Tralfazz,whom I do respect,actually saying that NOE's ANYWHERE is bad form makes me wonder where he was when he was running his missions,many NOE...So you have moved on Tral,thats cool,but why talk trash about those who still do the NOE's weather to a base with alot of people around or not??And then trash talk about the way they do them..FWIW,it is usually not in a missions best interest to go WAYYYYYYYYYY back,north,south,east,and or west to capture some lonely base where someone will not be watching..Because what happens is,if the base does get captured,it will usually get decimated by the other countrys who's it was..So it really is a waste of time..One has to make sure that something is around to support a base capture,otherwise it is all for nought. I just cannot believe that people actually get upset about missions.My word,tral wants the mission planner on the clipboard done away with,and probably so do some others and why??? Cause we want to have fun OUR way and not your way???Please guys,get over it already.. Remember "NATURE ABHORS A VACUUM"...As soon as someone stops running missions,and decides to get on the "FURBALL BANDWAGON"someone else will pop up in their place to fill the void...But I dont think it means that since you dont do it anymore,that you NOW have the right to try and de-mean someone into stopping what you now consider pase',and are too good for..                                            Falcon23 :salute
Again..Im not "demeaning" anyone here. Tons of respect go to ALL the players here even you sir. Your missing the point that I am trying to reach. Although I can understand the differences people here share on this topic, I dont expect everyone to get my point..but if its reached to just one person..it makes it all worth while. Rember also, what a person goes through in experience very much shapes their view on certain subjects..and heres mine...I started AH in early 06..with no flight sim experience I decided to try it out a bit and see what I think. When I decided to join the MA with a little training in the offline setting..I was ready to come out kick A*!. Fact is..took me a while just to keep in the air. Then something magical happened..a bright light surrounded the clipboard mission map and there was 30 guys going to the same place I was..wow fun..Ill join.Keeping it short..I was then trapped in this NOE/Horde bubble and the only way I was to get any satisfaction was to pumble some buildings with a 30mm, taking down hangers with lancs or whatever. was it fun?...of course!!!2 years go by..and here we are.Squad decides to do a tour ( BEST THING EVER FOR SQUADS BTW). In doing so we got a chance to meet up with some really great people. I also got to see alot of these guys that you love to hate and watching these guys in action was a very very humbling experience. What amazed me even more is the fact that they will help you out in way they can..NOW 2 years later Im back at square one being a newb all over again because this part of the game is a whole other world. When I see this..I see the fact that the 2 years should of been focused on fighting vs people rather than town buildings.NOE attacks are not "bad" or pase..are they excessive? YES. thats my conviction. Its a style of play that is coming dominate here in the MAs. The more they are glamorized..the worse the example your setting for the new guys. Would you rather be a footsoldier or would you like to be a member of the military elite?..why not shoot for gold but realize being in the elite takes ALOT of work and sacrafice
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2009, 07:39:35 PM »
holy huge paragraph...sorry guys

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »
It's like playing catch the flag.. And just obsessing about the flag.  The flag is just one piece of the martial puzzle.  You don't win the game by just getting your hands on the flag.  You have to get there, and back, and that doesn't happen without both strategy and tactics.  It's a false dichotomy that tactics or strategy (furballing or territorial warfare) are mutualy exclusive.  The problem in AH is that players whittle each down to their extremes.  And that the game's strat mechanics are pretty limited.  A little more real estate complexity would help.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »
Your missions were the best bye far Egg. :aok.
The best was climbing out with about 30 jugs 2-3 sectors away. Everyone is assigned a duty and everyone counted on everyone to pull through.  What a sight when you start diving below the clouds to see a swarm of red cons climbing for alt Those type missions are both fun for attackers and defenders. Even if you take the base or not its a win/win situation for all.

Thanks, although many others involved in my missions come up with better ideas than mine. It's all for fun. All the other side has do is be vigilant.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:46 PM »
Again..Im not "demeaning" anyone here. Tons of respect go to ALL the players here even you sir. Your missing the point that I am trying to reach. Although I can understand the differences people here share on this topic, I dont expect everyone to get my point..but if its reached to just one person..it makes it all worth while. Rember also, what a person goes through in experience very much shapes their view on certain subjects..and heres mine...I started AH in early 06..with no flight sim experience I decided to try it out a bit and see what I think. When I decided to join the MA with a little training in the offline setting..I was ready to come out kick A*!. Fact is..took me a while just to keep in the air. Then something magical happened..a bright light surrounded the clipboard mission map and there was 30 guys going to the same place I was..wow fun..Ill join.Keeping it short..I was then trapped in this NOE/Horde bubble and the only way I was to get any satisfaction was to pumble some buildings with a 30mm, taking down hangers with lancs or whatever. was it fun?...of course!!!2 years go by..and here we are.Squad decides to do a tour ( BEST THING EVER FOR SQUADS BTW). In doing so we got a chance to meet up with some really great people. I also got to see alot of these guys that you love to hate and watching these guys in action was a very very humbling experience. What amazed me even more is the fact that they will help you out in way they can..NOW 2 years later Im back at square one being a newb all over again because this part of the game is a whole other world. When I see this..I see the fact that the 2 years should of been focused on fighting vs people rather than town buildings.NOE attacks are not "bad" or pase..are they excessive? YES. thats my conviction. Its a style of play that is coming dominate here in the MAs. The more they are glamorized..the worse the example your setting for the new guys. Would you rather be a footsoldier or would you like to be a member of the military elite?..why not shoot for gold but realize being in the elite takes ALOT of work and sacrafice

+1

You gotta ask yourself, if you come in contact with an enemy fighter in equal or better plane, are you confident you can win the fight?  If you come in contact with a high bogey who dives on you, do you know how to bleed off his E, bait him for shots, kill him and leave him wondering wtf just happened?  If you run into a good pilot, will you fight or will you run?  Are you a Pwner or a pwnee?

Air combat maneuvers.  Learn them.  There are so many willing people to help you learn, all you gotta do is ask. 

Offline Eustace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »
Maybe some die hard land grabbers could explain their motives so I can better understand.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
Most are only too glad to help you. More fun to go up against a skilled pilot and have a good fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2009, 12:16:42 AM »
moin

yesterday was a god example for a funny land grabbing aktion of my squad.

we started a big gv raid to a v-filed and take it, than we drive directly to the next v-fild and we take it nearly with out resitance.
than we drive to the third v-fild deep into the enemy teretory, and reched the map roome, but now we get resitance, we were not able to take this fild for 2 or 3 houers but we had alot of fun at this great gv fight. i lost 3 tigers there, but i loved it. it was nice to fight to fight against a enemy with motivation.

cu chris3

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2009, 12:26:39 AM »
GRIZZ!!!  you joined the Jokers ? ? ?  :rolleyes:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »
GRIZZ!!!  you joined the Jokers ? ? ?  :rolleyes:

I'd rather play with myself.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2009, 03:17:45 AM »
I am over it,,I dont post about why people furball,and then say how lame it is,and I dont come in and say certain parts of the game should be done away with just because It does not suit my needs anymore..

We need to come up with another term for "furballers". There are tons of people out there that the priority is not to win the war, but also dont wander aimlessly into furballs. But we will stick with it just for now.

FACT: As stated in another thread, which is spot on...the WTW types directly affect the fun the furballers type has, but the furballers fun does absolutley nothing to interfere with the "WTW" type players.
Tanktown map for example....We all know its taboo to take tank town feilds, so why are they still taken?  When I was on bish (not picking on bish, it happens in Rookland too)...screams went out on country when we werent having any progress with the war winning efforts "GET OUT OF TANKTOWN".  They felt they were "waisting" valuble resources wandering around in tanktown...so what happens...some idiot takes it.

Last week, I logged on early in the AM. Bish had one feild very deep inside our territory. I up a heavy fighter and see whats going on. Turns out that I see on 200 that both sides are using this as a staging area to fight eachother with. Could I of taken up a set of heavy bombers and level their hangers?..sure. Could I of just taken over a wirb and blasted the town?..yep
but why would I?  To the WTW type guys, this feild would of been a stategic eyesoar. That feild wouldnt of lasted 3 minutes if it had been 5pm rather than 5am.

I could care less what the map looks like..I actually prefer when one country beats us back all the way to our 163 base..that means the horde is busy with the other country and I can do what I enjoy without being interfered with.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2009, 04:12:42 AM »
I do alot of land grabbin....mostly hitting trees trying to steal Silat's kills as they fall.  :D
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW