Author Topic: Tuned vox & mega squads  (Read 19272 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Tuned vox & mega squads
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:11:55 AM »
Since we have teh "mega squads" I think it's time to shorten the leash  a bit on em.
Let's make em work a bit.

Limit the numbers to  tuned Vox in the MAs to squad size.
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tuned vox & mega squads
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »
Good initiative.  Bad judgement.  Nope.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 10:13:29 AM »
Good initiative.  Bad judgement.  Nope.
Said the multi wing member. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:30:22 AM »
<-Says another multi-wing member, no. HiTech would have chosen a method many years ago to put limits of some degree on large squads.

Despite years of complaints, he has yet to do so.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

Hmm maybe it is time to bring the squad limit down to 16.

See Rule #4

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
Let me guess.

You don't like multi-winged squads.

Am I gettin warm?

Brilliant idea.

No, really!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »
"Hmm maybe it is time to bring the squad limit down to 16."

He has yet to do so.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
I don't see Hitech doing anything to limit how many people can be on a channel(except squad vox which is already limited to 32) This will turn people off...
Turning people off in this economy is the last thing you want to do.. 
Sometimes it's a pain in the arse to deal with megasquads..  Sometimes, it's fun to hang out with them..
Take the good with the bad..  The game is fine (communication wise) as it is, I believe..
People pay their 50 cents a day here to play and communicate how they see fit..

While, I'm not a huge fan of mega squads(although I do have some friends that are members of them).
I can't see any justification in limiting the way they communicate.. 
Hell, it's easy to get around this whole communication limiting factor by using Ventrillo or something similar anyway!

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »
The point of squad limits is to keep the groups in the game small and familiar, and consequently the game too. Groups too large behave differently from small close-knit groups of friends. The same way the MA turned to a slum when it hosted too many people.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »
The point of squad limits is to keep the groups in the game small and familiar, and consequently the game too. Groups too large behave differently from small close-knit groups of friends. The same way the MA turned to a slum when it hosted too many people.
Well stated :aok ( by one of the few non-multi-wingers in this thread :P)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
This is as bad as fighting thier hordes in the arena's.  Few against the many.....bad for game play.  Just got into a fight with some claim jumers over cv's in orange.  Knights have some cv's hiden because we either don't have the ports or they are close to the front.  They come on and try to move all of them (6) into the front.  They even had the gull to put me on vox and swear at me...not that that's new to anyone.  Mega squads must go away please HTC please!  One of them ,ranked right behind me, called me a score padder (useing a different word that starts with wh and ends with ore) how iroinic.  Message to claim jumpers please stop rotating to the knights.  Stay bish or rooks please. 

VOX is not limited to 32 btw. 

Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 08:08:34 PM »

If that is true then it is the worst way to do it...there are much cleverer ways such as multiple similar small arenas like air warrior...small maps....no ability to hide under dar....limited vox channels.... etc

Me thinks you are assuming something that is not true.....I think the size of a squadron was made more because of historical reasons and perhaps programming....the griefers use the number a s away to try to remodel the game to their liking...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
This is as bad as fighting thier hordes in the arena's.  Few against the many.....bad for game play.  Just got into a fight with some claim jumers over cv's in orange.  Knights have some cv's hiden because we either don't have the ports or they are close to the front.  They come on and try to move all of them (6) into the front.  They even had the gull to put me on vox and swear at me...not that that's new to anyone.  Mega squads must go away please HTC please!  One of them ,ranked right behind me, called me a score padder (useing a different word that starts with wh and ends with ore) how iroinic.  Message to claim jumpers please stop rotating to the knights.  Stay bish or rooks please. 

VOX is not limited to 32 btw. 

Sweet! Now the Rook Eny won't be messed up due to a buncha noe horders. (PLUS, there's the added advantage of more people on the other side whose skill affords me opportunities for more kills :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:12 PM »
Limit the numbers to  tuned Vox in the MAs to squad size.

ORR..go all out and limit squads to 1 wing...Some squads are armies within themselves, I think this would cut back on the horde mentality a bit.

Excellent post m00t, agreed
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
Me thinks you are assuming something that is not true.....I think the size of a squadron was made more because of historical reasons and perhaps programming....

I'm surprised you have the gull to say that after you've been directly told by HiTech...
FALCONWING:

1st I realy didn't itend for you to try post your members, hence why I said ask yourself the question.

2nd The question was in no way ment to insult, degrade, or say you are not loyal to your friends. The question was ment to show basic human behavior.

That behavior is realy simple, once a group grows above a certain number, they are no longer all a close group of friends. And once again ask yourself, do I realy belive someone is a close friend, (dosn't mean you have any ill in anyway to them) if I can not name them. I would once again sugest that the people you could not name are realy just people you wish could also be your friends, but they are realy not your friends, just people who could be.

That statement is in no way a slander on your squad. It is mearly a simple fact proven by my original question.  Because you could not name them is not in anyway an insult to you, I'm sure you wish you could know all them personaly. And that is the hole point, when a group gets to big ,people can not realy form close personal bonds with everyone. A person just does not have the time to perform the interaction required with everone.

It apears to me ( I could be wrong) is that you belive, enorder to remain a llarge group, you must all fly together. My guess is that on a squad night, you could have 35 - 50 peole wishing to fly.

Let me make a sugestion, break your orinzation into 3 groups, chosen by your members. Then have each group choose a different country, or roll some dice for the country.

Now on squad night  you might just have great fun fighting missions against eachother. Notice your still the group, your still all flying together, you can still call yourselves the same thing, all wanting to have fun in the same way. Now you can even have fun bantering back and forth about the outcomes.

And finaly, do you realy belive loyalty to your squad should outway the needs of the rest of the AH community?
My guess would be that you do not belive that. But your current arguments about," my large squad should be able to do what they wish just like they used to ", yes that a very liberal paraphrase, and I know that isn't what you realy belive, but your arguments have been comming across that way.

To simply put my postion, at this time the needs of the many "All AH Players" are outwaying the needs few "Your Squad"

HiTech

It is my belief that creating an "Air force" like the Bop's is a also form of exess.

So I don't view your post as "suspicion".

I do view it as you put

1. Loyalty to "Air Force".
2. Loyalty to "Country"
3. Creating a Sudo realy Air Force, with simalar rules.
4. Creating one of the larger Air Forces in AH.

Above the need for ah's over all game play.

And your post while not stating the above resones I see it as an attempt to try put your rules above  AH's game play. I also do not think that you are trying to do this dilibertaly (I.E. I do not believe you think My way or AH be damed)

I view you more like,

These would be your thoughts.
"I see problems like  Imbalance  , lower arena limits,less friendly arenas then of old. But I think that we can change other things to still let me implemnt my "Air force" pryorities.

What I believe you do not see , is simply you have taken it to exess.

HiTech