Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: College Football
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
the real upset in the Pacific Northwest was when the Wazzu Cougars narrowly defeated the Mighty Mustangs of SMU. That was a travesty.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »
 LSU spanked OU in the title game in 2003 (a game OU had no right to be in when they had just lost their own conference title game in embarassing fashion)

21-14 is a spanking?  :huh :huh

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »
LSU spanked OU in the title game in 2003 (a game OU had no right to be in when they had just lost their own conference title game in embarassing fashion)

At least OU played a conference championship game.  Besides, media darlings USC were given the AP championship after Pete Carroll anounced they were the NC after beating a 2 loss Michigan.  :rolleyes:

The OU heisman looked awfull that day. I'll just cut and paste this tidbit since I'm not motivated enough to go into detail.

"Once the game commenced, LSU's #1 ranked defense held the country's most prolific offense, which had averaged 45.2 points and 461 yards per game, to 154 total yards, and just one touchdown until the closing minutes of the game. Heisman Trophy-winning QB Jason White completed only 13 of his 37 passing attempts for a mere 102 yards, was sacked seven times and intercepted twice."

Sounds like a spanking to me.  

That will be all.  :D

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:17:59 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »

This what really bugs me.  People like you make remarks that a team had no rights to be in this bowl or that bowl.  Well, have you ever wonder who put them there in the first place?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/264

"McCoy battled the flu last week and was quarantined for a couple of days. He wasn’t at 100 percent strength against the Red Raiders but it helped at halftime when he downed some Pedialyte to help him rehydrate. He also wolfed down some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which is a halftime routine for McCoy."

Pedialyte   :D
Anyone else get a chuckle out of this?  I can actually see Mack Brown cutting the crusts off an holding the triangle for Colt to munch on.  

Remember when Mack Brown intercepted and then answered the questions for Chrissy Simms after they lost the Big12 championship to Colorado and missed out on the National Championship?

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »
Wow.  Another fun week already...

Ole Miss gets beat.

Cal down 25-3 at the half vs. Oregon.

Va Tech up 21 - 0 over Miami at the half.

Fla St. gets it handed to them by South Fla.  :lol

Georgia Tech upsets N.C.

Michican't squueks by Indiana.

LSU holds Miss St. at the 6 inch line 4 straight plays to squeek out a win.

More to come...

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »
Some week 5 notes:

Choklahoma lives up to their name.

MichIcan't lifts their skirts to unranked Michigan St.

Undefeated Texas A&M plays a last place SEC West team.....and loses 47-19.

Cal is the picture of consistency by scoring only 1 field goal for the 2nd week in a row.

Boise beats some weak FCS team. :rolleyes:

#12 Houston (The team that beat OK St. & Texas Tech) is losing 37-20 with only the 4th quarter remaining......to UTEP.  :lol

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2009, 11:58:03 PM »
WE CHOKED  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2009, 11:58:07 PM »
Undefeated Texas A&M plays a last place SEC West team.....and loses 47-19.
SEC > All
And I am a Pac-10 fan saying that

EDIT: Also of note, Case Keenum's (Houston) sore arm. 76 pass attempts!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:12:48 AM by Pannono »
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »
Sigh, well, can things get any crazier?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »
Yeah my team (UAB) beat a pretty good Southern Miss team this past Thursday for the first time EVER!!! Go Blazers! It just goes to show that a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2009, 11:00:14 AM »
All I have to say is how do those Hawkeyes Look.  I think they look like the most impressive team in the Big 10 right now  :aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »
All I have to say is how do those Hawkeyes Look.  I think they look like the most impressive team in the Big 10 right now  :aok

they beat arkansas state 13-10....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
All I have to say is how do those Hawkeyes Look.  I think they look like the most impressive team in the Big 10 right now  :aok

I was at the Hawkeye game. As expected Iowa controlled Arkansas State from the start and was a little flat coming off their big win in Happy Valley. They ran basic offensive plays, standard defense (cover 2) showing nothing leading into the Michigan game. Arkansas State may have lacked size, and the athletic ability of a big school but they are a well coached team. Defensively Arkansas loaded the box to kill the running game of Iowa. Rick Stanzi threw well though not impressive. Some very nice touchdown throws. DJK went out in the first series and didn't return. Tyler Sash got his fifth interception of the year.
  This wasn't Iowa's most impressive outting of the year. Just a solid effort between Big Ten conference games.

2:49 4th quarter; Arkansas State scores. Onside kick. Iowa runs some very basic running plays running the clock down. Punt. Arkansas 10 sec. Two pass plays. Game over. Score 24-21 Iowa.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:29:09 PM by alskahawk »

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
Arkansas State may have lacked size, and the athletic ability of a big school but they are a well coached team. Defensively Arkansas loaded the box to kill the running game of Iowa. Rick Stanzi threw well though not impressive. Some very nice touchdown throws. DJK went out in the first series and didn't return. Tyler Sash got his fifth interception of the year.

This wasn't Iowa's most impressive outting of the year. Just a solid effort between Big Ten conference games.

Ark St. is a 1-3 SunBelt Conference team.

I'd say it was another case where a top ranked Pig10 school let a crappy team from a crappy conference come into a Pig10 stadium and make them sweat.   :aok