Author Topic: how long till someone is chat banned?  (Read 5033 times)

Offline rough_wood

• Zinc Member
Re: how long till someone is chat banned?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Do you guys scolding all the bad language really believe what you're saying, or are you just saying it to try to get your way?

I know you'll say you believe it, but I'll never know if it's true or not.

Short of a kid being homeschooled, they've heard the words. And if they're the homeschooled sheltered type they need occasional reality to be heard through the human condum such uber-concerned cultist parents try to constantly pull over their heads.

What sort of crazy stuff goes through your minds when you watch movies like Water Boy? What happens when you bring your kid to walmart and you hear some guy say "Shit" when he drops something?

Detune 200, squelch, and I believe there is a voice volume control.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
Do you guys scolding all the bad language really believe what you're saying, or are you just saying it to try to get your way?

I know you'll say you believe it, but I'll never know if it's true or not.

Short of a kid being homeschooled, they've heard the words. And if they're the homeschooled sheltered type they need occasional reality to be heard through the human condum such uber-concerned cultist parents try to constantly pull over their heads.

What sort of crazy stuff goes through your minds when you watch movies like Water Boy? What happens when you bring your kid to walmart and you hear some guy say "soup" when he drops something?

Detune 200, squelch, and I believe there is a voice volume control.

When you make your own game you can make your own rules. Here HiTech makes the rules and he has spoken.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2009, 10:36:54 PM »
Point is do you really want to be the one to give a 'home schooled' child his first cussing? If so you need help... high dollar help.

How is our favorite game ever going to grow and expand with fresh blood if the smack-talking and cussing continues to build and build (and it is building to worse and worse levels)? The problem is the moderators have grown accustomed to it and let people slide (if there are even moderators left). Some of the guys posting the counter argument are supposed to be old hands at this but obviously dont care enough about the game to keep it growing. Way to help out!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
I cannot understand, why this seems to be such a big problem. When my kids were smaller, they would have liked to watch me play, because they thought everything animated is intended for kids. Well, my wife and I thought watching a war simulation is not for minors, so I played (and still do) after they have gone to bed. Nor do they need to watch and hear drunk people online. And I think it isn't even my wife's business what we are talking while playing. That is why I wear headphones and type, when I don't want her to hear.

AH doesn't seem to have any age limitations, but since credit cards do have theirs, I guess HTC select their customers by age that way.

Speaking of profanity filters, there's plenty of them available to save our kids while surfing the 'net. A recent comparison in a Finnish PC-magazine found out, that a certain Finnish town still doesn't qualify due to the first four letters in it's name. Not to mention (again) myself being muted for telling in Finnish on Squad channel, how big a bag of potato chips I had...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
Fury I dont think you read the buffer or you dont have young kids around at all. My nephew loves to drive the tanks but no way am I letting him anywhere near AH online.

That is good Chalenge, cause if you did let him you would be in violation of your account agreement and you could get banned from the game  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 04:48:06 PM »
scenario #1 infants to 16yr olds 1 arena
scenario #2 17 yrs to elders 2nd arena
 then i would let my son play. :aok
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline FBnutz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:17:38 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
To Mr Bipolar, with all due respect sir, no squelch does not work as well.
Granted it will remove the aggravation. But Squelch is sticking your head in the sand, not removing the problem.
However considering how often you've run afoul of such controls yourself it doesn't surprise me that you gave that answer.

Yeah i couldnt agree more. Because of that guy and possibly his squad i havent been able to type for about a week. And theres a good reason too. Grizz told some other player on 200 that he sucked. I replied that Grizz swallows. Bipolar then reported me and here I am. Its only ok if "they" do it. Wasnt even a four letter and i got muted. technically it was an 8 letter word so yeah.

But i havent learned my lesson. I'll do it again. And again, And again. Keep on reporting me again and again. I hope someone rips off ur (explitive) and (explitive) both ur eyes out. And if you dont wanna hear me say anything then maybe they'll be generous enough to (blankity blankity) ur ears out as well.

eat me
:huh i reported you?
i only report if someone makes a personal attack on my family.
You can tell me im the biggest piece of cartoon flight sim suck youve ever seen and ill laugh it off. But if you involve my family, your damn right ill report you. I have never and will never talk smack to someone and involve their family. I keep it about the game and game only.

And if you hear this so called "foul language" from me on vox, 99.999999999999% of the time ive hit the wrong button trying to talk on squad vox and hit range by accident.

And kid, how would you know that it was me that reported you? You do realize that more than one have to report in order for your chat to be suspended.

So please know what you are talking about before you speak.

You have a great day sweet lips, im sending a hug your way  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
To Mr Bipolar, with all due respect sir, no squelch does not work as well.
Granted it will remove the aggravation. But Squelch is sticking your head in the sand, not removing the problem.
However considering how often you've run afoul of such controls yourself it doesn't surprise me that you gave that answer.

Yeah i couldnt agree more. Because of that guy and possibly his squad i havent been able to type for about a week. And theres a good reason too. Grizz told some other player on 200 that he sucked. I replied that Grizz swallows. Bipolar then reported me and here I am. Its only ok if "they" do it. Wasnt even a four letter and i got muted. technically it was an 8 letter word so yeah.

But i havent learned my lesson. I'll do it again. And again, And again. Keep on reporting me again and again. I hope someone rips off ur (explitive) and (explitive) both ur eyes out. And if you dont wanna hear me say anything then maybe they'll be generous enough to (blankity blankity) ur ears out as well.

eat me
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
HAHA, im use to it. I thought it was kind of funny
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline FBnutz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
no spazz...ur just an ego-maniacle internet tough guy who gets hot reporting people. And ur a hipocrit for saying u dont otherwise. i saw u type "report" on 200 after i said what i said. So i know at least you were a part of it. Besides u talk trash to people alot worse than what i said all the time, and im not the only one who thinks ur a loser for sayin what you say. So dont even try to play the "kid" and "im a saint who loves my family" trash. get a life, i stand by what i said hot shot. oh yeah and you can go hug yourself. But just so we're clear, I'm tellin you to go (explitive) yourself. I'd say more but you might go report me again. whatever im done...<---deleting my forum account
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:56:19 PM by FBnutz »

Offline rough_wood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
FBnutz you can't let the tattletales win so easy.

@whats his face that said do you want to be the one that a homeschooled kid overheads a cuss word from

I never said that. And I don't care who it is, it's gunna be someone short of staying locked in a basement until death.

As far as fresh blood to the game, I assume you mean new people playing it? I recall a game called Halo that continues to grow even when living members can teabag (I really hope that isn't considered bad language here) dead ones, while the dead one is stuck watching while waiting to re-spawn.

Fact is the easily offended tattletalers are the vast minority, they just complain more so their numbers are over-represented.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »
That is good Chalenge, cause if you did let him you would be in violation of your account agreement and you could get banned from the game  :D

Your not getting it dedalos... my nephews have their own computers and an AH account would make a good Christmas present except for the potty mouths and smack talkers. Just tonight one of my squaddies killed a Mossie who then tuned him private and cussed him up one side and down the other and then forgot he did have him tuned private and started sending him requests for assistance and other noobishness. Not funny by the way.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 12:06:31 AM »
I guess I am too old for this debate, in my day it was "sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me", now it's all this PC stuff.

I find holding out small children to win my moral point to be at least "cowardly", because the person doing it doesn't think he has a strong enough arguement among adults to make it fly so he "grabs" the child crutch.

In my 66 years on this earth I have found that most "holy joes'" turn out to be hypocrits, "Ye without sin cast the first stone"

HiTech has provided many tools to address this problem, use them and stop trying to use the game as your moral "soapbox".
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 12:17:37 AM »
Do you behave like that online Boxboy? Do you presume to know who is on the other side of every handle? How could you tell if you were messaging a curse at a sinful old man or an innocent young teenager just trying to have fun?

Thats pretty sad.