Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
So you're married too, huh?  :salute
LOL, no not yet...but all of the stories are turning me less and less away from it. :lol
I've got years before I will anyway.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »

I really don't see how people can even walk like that. It seems like it would be harder than walking normally. Do they purposely make sure their heels drag each step??  :huh

nah......they just couldn't afford the surgery to get their legs shortened...so they go through life with legs about 3" too long.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
i've been in an accident where i landed on the roof, been in a head on, and a couple other serious crashes. in none of those instances, would speed have played a roll. well....had i been going faster when i had the head on, i may have managed to dodge her.........

This is just like the illogical argument that people shouldn't wear their seatbelts because you or someone you know got in an accident and lived because they didn't have it on (yes people actually argue this). Sure there are exceptions to everything, but you need to look at the big picture to really make an informed decision.

what about those of us that drive faster, because we actually enjoy it, and can easily handle it?

Great, I like it too, but there is a time and place. Do it at the race track or auto cross circuit, not the open road putting other peoples life in danger. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are, your car becomes more dangerous and harder to control the faster you go, there is no arguing that, no matter what you think you can 'handle'.

10mph over the posted limit on the freeway makes almost a 20 minute time saving on my commute from mcguire to home(about 30 or so miles away)

Now this is just getting silly. Lets do some simple math now (because obviously you didn't). 30 mile drive on a highway, lets assume posted limit is 65 mph. If you drive the limit it will take you 27 minutes 41 seconds to get home. If you drive 10 mph over the limit, it will take you 24 minutes to get home, with a net savings of 3 minutes and 41 seconds. Where the heck do you get 20 minutes?  :lol

gas savings? my minivan and my dakota both show higher fuel mileage at 75mph, than they do at 55mph.

Your vehicles must be different than every other vehicle on the road then, or your just making stuff up like the 20 minutes saved comment.  :rolleyes:

Most vehicles have the highest fuel economy around 45-55 mph. Aerodynamic drag increases with the cube of speed. From a scientific study, "All cars demonstrated decreasing fuel economy beyond 65 mph (105 km/h), with wind resistance the dominant factor, and may save up to 25% by slowing from 70 mph (110 km/h) to 55 mph (89 km/h)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_economy_in_automobiles

So yea, basically all of your things you say about going faster are false. If you want to be safer, save gas, and have a less stressful drive, just go slower (and maybe leave 5 minutes earlier, gee who ever thought of that!).

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:48:06 PM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
what is your biggest pet peeve???

without a doubt....shaky restaurant tables.

yes...I'm serious.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
The people I have a problem with are the dolts who drive 5-10 mph below the speed limit in the LEFT HAND LANE on a 4-lane road, most of the time at the exact same speed as the car in the right hand lane that is too close to them for an overtaking car to negotiate a pass.

I agree with this 100%. I think most people simply don't know/understand. In the majority of cases on a 4 lane road you should always be in the right lane, even if your going fast, and only use the left lane for passing. This should be taught in drivers ed courses because obviously a lot of people are not understanding the concept.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:02:39 PM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
People with an artificially elevated sense of self-importance.

By contrast, my greatest pleasure in life is bringing that to their attention.

:rofl Mazz you're awesome..  :aok

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
Being accused.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »
People who chew loudly or who snore.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »

Chewing with your mouth open or talking while chewing.  :furious

Improper table manners in general.  :furious :furious

Poor grammer and general butchering of the English language.  :furious :furious :furious
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »
Chewing with your mouth open or talking while chewing.  :furious

Improper table manners in general.  :furious :furious

Poor grammer and general butchering of the English language.  :furious :furious :furious

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »

Well I chew with my mouth shut, but snore like a freight train. 

Also, this doesn't apply to me, but is an absolutely fantastic one liner.

So you're married too, huh?  :salute

:rofl

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »
yeah people who cant drive to the speed limit in good conditions or in the correct lane really wind me up. That said if i'm 5mph or so over the limit and someone comes thundering up behind me with lights flashing etc, I find dropping a gear without braking scares the heck out of them

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
People who drive UNDER the speed limit and then do not move over to the shoulder for faster traffic to get around them are by far one of the biggest hazards on the road.

They are apparently of the mind set that everyone behind them should also go slow, and have no business passing them.. they want to go slow, so everyone else can just eat it.

so of course people.. normal drivers.. any and everyone, are forced to either doddle along behind this jerkoff who could easly move over onto the shoulder and let them pass..  Or try to get around them, because believe it or not, they actually want to get where they are going at some point before the apocalypse.

on single lane highways (1 lane in each direction 55 to 70 speed limit) belligerent slow drivers who wont move over are probably right under drunk drivers as far as the amount of danger they bring to the road.

Oh, and when ya finally get around them, they tailgate you.. because you have been following them close for a while, trying to drive home the "move over I need to pass" point...  they are blocking traffic, you are just trying to move along at the posted speed.. but suddenly you are the assho!e.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »
Guys at my job wanting to borrow my tools  :furious The SnapOn truck comes on thursdays....go ask HIM for a ratchet!  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »
People who drive UNDER the speed limit and then do not move over to the shoulder for faster traffic to get around them are by far one of the biggest hazards on the road.

They are apparently of the mind set that everyone behind them should also go slow, and have no business passing them.. they want to go slow, so everyone else can just eat it.

so of course people.. normal drivers.. any and everyone, are forced to either doddle along behind this jerkoff who could easly move over onto the shoulder and let them pass..  Or try to get around them, because believe it or not, they actually want to get where they are going at some point before the apocalypse.

on single lane highways (1 lane in each direction 55 to 70 speed limit) belligerent slow drivers who wont move over are probably right under drunk drivers as far as the amount of danger they bring to the road.

Oh, and when ya finally get around them, they tailgate you.. because you have been following them close for a while, trying to drive home the "move over I need to pass" point...  they are blocking traffic, you are just trying to move along at the posted speed.. but suddenly you are the assho!e.

If I understand this correctly, if someone is driving 50 in a 55 zone they should pull off onto the side of the road and stop to let others go around them?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women