Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 12:45:04 PM »
My biggest pet peeve has nothing to do with driving. (usually) I can't STAND it when I'm told to do something that I'm already in the midst of doing.  Particularly if it is done in a nasty tone. 

:o = "Hey Drew can you fix the laundry machine...ya know...whenever you chance?  It's been making noises for weeks now."

:mad: = "Do you think that I bathe in lint and grease for fun?  Is this toolbelt a new fashion trend, or do I just enjoy the weight training?"   :furious

I can't stand being TOLD to do something. I don't mind being ASKED to do stuff, I'll do it if someone asks nicely instead of telling me to do it ("Could you take the garbage out?" "Can you pick me up at 10 o'clock?" Rather than "Hey, take the garbage out!" or "Pick me up at 10, ok.") It's my life, why should I live it according to how others think I should live it?  Have fun at life, don't worry what others think of the way you're living your life!

I also can't stand routines. It's gets really boring and annoying doing the same things over and over again in the same order all the time. Almost makes you feel like a robot. I like trying new stuff, staying out of routines, just doing what I like and having fun. (Maybe that's why I was terrible at school, it combines both routine and being ordered around into 1 situation. Always getting up at 6AM, breakfast, shower, get on the bus, told how what to wear, what to say, what to eat, back on the bus at 3PM, doing this every day of every week from August to June)

People who drag their heels when they walk.   

I really don't see how people can even walk like that. It seems like it would be harder than walking normally. Do they purposely make sure their heels drag each step??  :huh

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
That's stuff just always happens. You always get behind a slow car when you're in a hurry, and when you're out just for a drive you know there's someone behind you in a hurry.  :D

Something that drives me nuts is when someone says "This is true". You're in a conversation and they say something, you reply "Ya, but ***********", and they say "This is true" instead of "Oh ya" or "That's true". Saying "This is true" sounds like they're holding the statement in their hands like a pet dog saying "Hi! This is true, my new pet statement!"

Don't know why that bugs me but it does.

This is so true.   :neener:

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
what is your biggest pet peeve???

People with an artificially elevated sense of self-importance.

By contrast, my greatest pleasure in life is bringing that to their attention.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
People who drag their heels when they walk.  

Flip flops!!

Hate the sound they make!! :furious
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
Remember when you was a teenager... alone...and the stuff would hit you in the face. 

Well it's not that anymore.  Its when your watching a TV program and the commercials come on mega loud.  Marketing ploy to get you to watch.  Freakin does me sweed in man!  :furious

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
Being lied to and being ignored.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
People who don't understand that the purpose of a freeway on ramp is to allow you to get up to freeway speeds before you have to merge.
+1,000,000
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
People, I just don't like them
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
People who think they can whisper.

I'm across the room and can hear you.

Shut up.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »
"These are my new parakeets, Anap and Peev" [. . .] "Don't eat that, it's one of my pet Peev's"
"Sorry I didn't know it bothered you"
"It doesn't you just shouldn't eat something that doesn't belong to you"
"Who does it belong to?"
"I just told you my pet Peev"
"Aaah I can't take it, I think I'm going to go take a nap"
"Haven't you caused enough trouble already?"
 :D  Pearls quote...probably messed some of that up.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:17 PM »
I'm at a light at a four way intersection turning left. Single lanes. The person across the intersection is turning left also. The person coming up behind me and the persom coming up behind the guy across the intersection pass on the right using the shoulder of the road as a lane to roar past and keep us guys turning left from making our turns and clearing the intersection.

Pet peeve, dangerous and illegal.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
I don't like it when people chew their gum with their mouths open..."squik squik squik"

I also don't like it when people just sit in their chair sniffing up their loogies rather than getting up and blowing their nose.

Worst is when I have multiple people who do that in my class. It sounds like, "squik snuurff squik snuurrf squik SNUUUUUURRRFFF"
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
Being lied to and being ignored.

So you're married too, huh?  :salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 04:50:19 PM »
this morning i was drivin home after running a few errands in town. doing 60mph in a 55, i come up behind this slow damn car doing like 45mph. helloooooo!! the damn speed limit is 55, why would u drive 45 in a 55?because the LIMIT is 55. nothing saying they actually have to go that fast.   :headscratch: makes no sense! the roads wasn't covered in any snow or ice, nice clean black top paved road and they do 45 in a 55!!!! :furious....if u dont want to drive..then get the hell out my way so i can!!!

or the people that freak out when driving in the rain or snow!!!! what exactly are u afraid of if its raining a lil bit???the road is much much more dangerous in light rain, than it is in a heavy downpour.

im from michigan and i have drove in many nasty snow storms and thunder storms, maybe this makes me feel more confident in my driving skills but some of this stuff really annoys the hell out of me. :noid

what is your biggest pet peeve???

now, having said the things in red in your quote......i fully agree with ya.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
What really gets me is when I'm driving down the road, minding my own business, and some person who thinks they own the highway system comes up behind me and rides my ass.

You see, I'm a fairly organized person who takes responsibility for my time and am not always running late to my next appointment. Sometimes I may drive 5 or 10 under the limit, because its safer, uses less gas, and in general is just more relaxing.

I've been involved in 2 serious car crashes that each almost killed me, neither was my fault. My worst nightmare is dying in a car crash, a big hot twisting heap of metal skidding along asphalt. And the thing that pisses me off the most is someone putting MY life in danger because their inability to plan their day and manage their time.

If you start doing some math you'll finding speeding just 5-10mph is simply not worth it. It doesn't save very much time at all over short distances, it uses significantly more gas, and it puts you and everyone else on the road at an increased level of danger.

So yea....  SLOW DOWN! When I see people coming up from behind fast and ride my ass, guess what I do. Slow down even more  :banana:
i've been in an accident where i landed on the roof, been in a head on, and a couple other serious crashes. in none of those instances, would speed have played a roll. well....had i been going faster when i had the head on, i may have managed to dodge her.........

what about those of us that drive faster, because we actually enjoy it, and can easily handle it?

and yes, 10mph over the posted limit on the freeway makes almost a 20 minute time saving on my commute from mcguire to home(about 30 or so miles away)

gas savings? my minivan and my dakota both show higher fuel mileage at 75mph, than they do at 55mph.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)