Author Topic: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »
+1

As for paccer its his money also, never had a problem with the guy hes also more considerate than most regards throwing out a check 6 or clearing your tail, 90% of the main  arena fly the same style as him for the same reasons in the same situations so why grief him.

^ THIS

But I don't know much 'bout nuthin
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:29 PM »
Kazaa, I don't know whether to laugh at that pic or fly to the UK and kick you in the shin!

:rofl

do it!!! I dare you!   just make sure you film it on your mobile and post it on the internets  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2010, 03:46:32 PM »
That's true.  I was only pointing out that ranking high is no good measure of one's ability for the reasons I listed.  I have never fought pacerr so I don't know if he has any skills.  I have picked him out of some ungodly hordes in my jet/ta152 before though. 

True rank is pretty meaningless wasn't referring to you mate regards paccrr, I see the guy getting a lot of grief in MA dunno if its justified or not I take people based on my own dealings with them. Certainly a lot of the abusers fly in the same manor as him only they are a lot worse at it!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »
^ THIS

But I don't know much 'bout nuthin

are we missing a kazaa pm here?  :D

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
Grizz goes for the best fighter score.

I don't think he really goes for the #1 fighter rank, I think it just kinda happens.  

it's hard to NOT get on grizzs' ankle, turns out it's very humpable  :uhoh   :bolt:
-AoM-

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »
I don't think he really goes for the #1 fighter rank, I think it just kinda happens.

And it just kinda happens far easier if the majority of your kills each tour are from perk rides.   :rolleyes:

It's still good fun to come across muppets 1v1 and mostly always good fights. But I don't give a rats arse,ounce of credit or attention to anyone in perk rides no matter who they are or squad they are from.. Whether they land 1 kill in a 262 or 100.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »
And it just kinda happens far easier if the majority of your kills each tour are from perk rides.   :rolleyes:

Relax, it's all about fun.  Constantly avoiding HOs, being chased by armies committed to killing you, and attempting to bust up uber hordes isn't for everybody.  Some just don't have the stomach for it.  But hey, you have your own idea of fun, like constantly looking for 1v1s in a horde monkey arena all the while avoiding the dueling arena like the plague.  I don't enjoy that anymore so to each their own.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:53:28 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
avoiding the dueling arena like the plague.

I use to do the DA years ago but got bored with it. The few hours I have, I prefer to spend MA. It's the variety of fights in MA that keeps me interested, as I enjoy the search,hunt and not knowing who in what or how many is coming up next.

Compared to repeated staged fights in the DA.

Plus time zone, I'm on mostly during off peak hours where maybe 50 to 80 all up in MA so generally there aren't any hordes. If I had more time during peak hours I probably would spend a few hours in DA depending on who was in there.

So save the purse fight taunts for someone else.

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:07:40 PM by Gixer »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
. But I don't give a rats arse,ounce of credit or attention to anyone in perk rides no matter who they are or squad they are from..

Actually you are giving perk plane and other "uber ride" flyers a LOT of attention on CH200 lately...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 09:10:54 PM »
Actually you are giving perk plane and other "uber ride" flyers a LOT of attention on CH200 lately...

Generally because when ever I'm picked off, it's by someone in a perk or uber ride. I don't often see them going 1 vs the horde as they so often claim.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »

The reason they're 'staged' is because good pilots know how to take a fight into a rolling scissor.  If you run into a good pilot in the MA, the fight usually evolves in the exact same way that it would in the dueling arena.  Sure, baby seals keep it fresh and interesting in the MA by doing all sorts of cute maneuvers that are entirely wrong and ineffective, but if you are looking for good fights, you'll find them on side bases in the dueling arena, not in the MA.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2010, 11:33:38 PM »
Kazaa, I don't know whether to laugh at that pic or fly to the UK and kick you in the shin!

:rofl

Why on earth would you want to kick me in the shin?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »
Sure, baby seals keep it fresh and interesting in the MA by doing all sorts of cute maneuvers that are entirely wrong and ineffective, but if you are looking for good fights, you'll find them on side bases in the dueling arena, not in the MA.

Two different ends of the stick.

I prefer to keep it interesting and increasing the challenge even against the seals by flying a higher eny ride,flying between bases not over them and flying solo, that's only way I've played for years now.

Flying perk rides and uber rides and trying to kill as many seals as possible as easily as possible, doesn't interest me. I know that appeals to many but never been my cup of tea. Similar deal for squads, most are in squads for obvious reasons. Me I haven't been in a squad for years simply because I prefer to be out on my own.

After playing the game for years now, the only toy in the sandpit which still has me coming back for more is the Yak T. As I find it challenging,rewarding,frustrating at times but mostly a lot of fun simply because of the 37mm. If they removed that plane from the list I'd close my account tomorrow.

DA I've done and go back to occasionally but the staged fights I lose interest no matter how good they might be.

Anyway that's my $15.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
I use to do the DA years ago but got bored with it. The few hours I have, I prefer to spend MA. It's the variety of fights in MA that keeps me interested, as I enjoy the search,hunt and not knowing who in what or how many is coming up next.

I've always felt exactly opposite. I got bored chasing the same P51s, 190Ds, Typh, or using the same maneuvers to counter the same Spit16s and other turny planes. It's only when I'm dueling some skilled sticks in the DA that I get to test myself in a straight up fair fight against an abundance of different maneuvers. 

To each his own. :cheers:
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart