Author Topic: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 26317 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
somebody owes me some pork bucks!  :D

Mailing a check drawn on the First Bank Of Swine.   :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
That's because Grizz knows a best of 3 is a ridiculous small sample to determine who's the best player overall actually is; I for one would agree with him.
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
From what Dep said I was more excited than either one of the fighters lol, ask Dep how great my commentary was !

SportsCenter here I come  :aok  :rofl
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
 :salute

wtg tony! 

and wtg be!  another fine job!  above and beyond!

:salute
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
That's because Grizz knows a best of 3 is a ridiculous small sample to determine who's the best player overall actually is; I for one would agree with him.

Oh, I agree.  I was just pointing out the irony. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »
i think Spek found a new ankle  :(  ;)  :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #456 on: July 14, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
I'm never on any ankle  :bolt:
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »
WTG TonyJoey

I watched all the fights....., nether one of ya set up the merge :headscratch: on any of the fights.

I was kinda disappointed, not in the fact that Grizz lost, but seeing those merges was just....boring.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »
WTG TonyJoey

I watched all the fights....., nether one of ya set up the merge :headscratch: on any of the fights.

I was kinda disappointed, not in the fact that Grizz lost, but seeing those merges was just....boring.

I agree that they were not nearly as tight as some merges, but that is due largely to the fact that the fights are at 10k. Diving to get below your opponent on the merge is part of dueling strategy, so on these duels, after diving we're going so fast it's impossible to pull a very tight merge. As I've said before I think the rules shuld be changed to where the fights happen at 23/24. on the deck.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »

I agree that they were not nearly as tight as some merges, but that is due largely to the fact that the fights are at 10k. Diving to get below your opponent on the merge is part of dueling strategy, so on these duels, after diving we're going so fast it's impossible to pull a very tight merge. As I've said before I think the rules shuld be changed to where the fights happen at 23/24. on the deck.

I am referring to the "fly by at close range, pass each other then bank around"  that would have happened on the deck just the same.

I see most every one does this "type" of merge, and in my eyes it is not a proper merge, you are not setting up the merge, for a kill,while denying the shot opportunity for your nme,  which is what we are supposed to be doing.

those who love to fight try to avoid the HO, with the merge that most use in the DA,(such as the ones used in these fights) in the Mains they would be HO'd every time, to set up the merge for a gun solution and denying a gun solution for our nme is what we should do on the merge.

I also think diving down below the nme during a duel is not always the best thing to do.

hope I made it easier to understand.

I am not down playing your fights by any means, don't take it that way, see...I have a little problem, I speak my mind, but I am not always good at formulating what I wish to say.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
I am referring to the "fly by at close range, pass each other then bank around"  that would have happened on the deck just the same.

I see most every one does this "type" of merge, and in my eyes it is not a proper merge, you are not setting up the merge, for a kill,while denying the shot opportunity for your nme,  which is what we are supposed to be doing.

those who love to fight try to avoid the HO, with the merge that most use in the DA,(such as the ones used in these fights) in the Mains they would be HO'd every time, to set up the merge for a gun solution and denying a gun solution for our nme is what we should do on the merge.

I also think diving down below the nme during a duel is not always the best thing to do.

I think similarly.  There are lots of options besides diving to gain speed then work up into some type of immelman or double immelman. 

What about going up at the con range and breaking the 10k ceiling?  Is that legal in these duels, or does the first pass have to be at 10k or below?  It certainly opens up more possibilities.

One thing I saw in each of the last 2 fights was that Grizz had front quarter/cockpit shots before the 2nd immelman.  He chose not to take them, but those were definitely there as he had a slight bit of alt and an angle for the shot. 

It was very nice flying in those 109K's.  I don't know how you guys enjoy those rides.  You sure did make it look easy.   :)

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »
I think similarly.  There are lots of options besides diving to gain speed then work up into some type of immelman or double immelman. 

What about going up at the con range and breaking the 10k ceiling?  Is that legal in these duels, or does the first pass have to be at 10k or below?  It certainly opens up more possibilities.

One thing I saw in each of the last 2 fights was that Grizz had front quarter/cockpit shots before the 2nd immelman.  He chose not to take them, but those were definitely there as he had a slight bit of alt and an angle for the shot. 

It was very nice flying in those 109K's.  I don't know how you guys enjoy those rides.  You sure did make it look easy.   :)

mir

as far as I know once you are in Icon range anything goes, you can go up! :aok

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »

mir

If someone stays at 10k on the merge, while the opponent drops down to say 8.5k, he will have a big advangtage. ANything you can do, he can cut inside. He will also have more speed to manuever with. While technically you would end up higher than him if yow went staright into the vertical, he would be right behind you for a kill shot.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »
One thing I saw in each of the last 2 fights was that Grizz had front quarter/cockpit shots before the 2nd immelman.  He chose not to take them, but those were definitely there as he had a slight bit of alt and an angle for the shot.  

I know Tony would not take that shot, so it was easy to hold guns there, even with the tourny on the line.  I knew I had an ever so slight edge on both of those immels in fights 4 and 5, but not enough to sully a good fight that I thought I could still win in my #1 ride.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
I'm not going to critique TJ or Grizz obviously I got beat by Grizz so for me to offer advise to those in the final is observed.  All I can say if you guys are critiquing those 2 you got balls  :D all I can say is sign up for the next tournament and try your unbeatable merges then.

I see nothing wrong with those merges - looks textbook to me
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep