Author Topic: Individual Sounds in Update  (Read 10981 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Individual Sounds in Update
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 04:20:38 PM »
Anyone else have Simon and Garfunkel playing in their head now?

Now I do ................  :rolleyes:  Thanks for that one.  I drive at night for work and songs tend to stick  in the damaged membranes that used to be my brain in the silence..... doh!  There it goes again!!

I think Baumer is saying it just might be worth while to check into adjusting your settings now with the new sound system anyhow.  I also depend on sounds to help me identify threats, so some are turned up real loud and others way low, because I a jumpy fellow.  The loud bullet rattles when bcadoo is on my six or even worse, when I killshoot myself on his wing unexpectedly, launch me a good two inches out of my seat  :joystick:

Offline Rios

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
i like the game where the sirens went weeeeeee instead of WEEEEEEE and where the gv engines went vrrrrrrm vrrrrrrm instead of VRRRRM VRRRRRM and where the guns went BOOM BOOM while everything else was quiet  :D
CO-303rd BG (H) "Hell's Angels" RECRUITING
Ingame ID-barbeque

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
i like the game where the sirens went weeeeeee instead of WEEEEEEE and where the gv engines went vrrrrrrm vrrrrrrm instead of VRRRRM VRRRRRM and where the guns went BOOM BOOM while everything else was quiet  :D

+1  :aok

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »
Ok...

Where are the default sounds for me to tweak?

I don't really want a custom sound pack I just want to tweak the default ones.

Anybody?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
So in essence you'd rather have them keep it as it was, and limit any new sound effects being developed?

"Limiting the continued development of the game, now that truly would be the worst change ever."

This too shall pass,

Is it "completely impossible" to have individual sound volume controls with the miles sound system. That's the question, I don't care if it's hard to do because it's what they are paid to do.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
Is it "completely impossible" to have individual sound volume controls with the miles sound system. That's the question, I don't care if it's hard to do because it's what they are paid to do.

Kind of like telling the wife to do the dishes because she's "the wife".

:rofl

Demands always go over so well.  You forgot to tell us you're a paying customer....

:cry

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
had to pack in GVing as its given me a blinding headache because its

Game ID: Blimey

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »
That's the question, I don't care if it's hard to do because it's what they are paid to do.

Now you're just sounding like the typical squeaker.  They are not paid to code difficult things, they are paid to create, develop and run a game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
Simplicity is the goal, having a thousand sound sliders for a bunch of sounds that you don't even know what they are is not really newbie friendly.  That why no other games do that.

If you want to ditch a sound altogether, you can use a blank .wav file as your custom sound.

Then could you make an advanced option for that?

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
From what I was just told...

HTC puts all their default sounds in one file that we can't tweak.

If you want to change the default sounds you have to create a file structure like what is used for the SoundPacks, grab a much older version of AH from before they made the change to one file, and use those sounds (I think they are using the same sounds) to tweak.

The other option is to d/l a SoundPack and tweak those sounds.

Anybody have an older copy of AH that has those sounds they could upload?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
It just seems to me to be the removal of one of the most well liked features of the game for no real reason other than it would show too many options to new guys.

I'm predicting the single most often heard thing on range channel for the next little while is going to be 'Huh?'

I believe you've got the right of it, Lute.  I use a soundpack, so I'll probably be doing some editing tonight.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
Please make an advanced tab or something...I can't hear squaddies talking over vox unless I'm sitting at some rear base by the HQ.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 04:43:24 PM »
HTC, where will we be able to find the names of new sounds as they come out?  A few of us are really going to need that info when needed.  Is there any way we could get a stickied (in the Sounds forum) master list of all the sounds used in-game and then updated/added to when new sounds come out?  This will be vital for old & new custom sounds makers.

:pray
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »
HTC, where will we be able to find the names of new sounds as they come out?  A few of us are really going to need that info when needed.  Is there any way we could get a stickied (in the Sounds forum) master list of all the sounds used in-game and then updated/added to when new sounds come out?  This will be vital for old & new custom sounds makers.

:pray

On that topic Ranger...

Do you happen to have the default AH sounds?
— George Patton

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
Please make an advanced tab or something...I can't hear squaddies talking over vox unless I'm sitting at some rear base by the HQ.

Turn down "effects", turn up "vox"?

Too complicated?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay