Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
I don't get what other people are complaining about.  There are plenty of visual and audible cues at stall on my end.  The only issue I have is the diminished flap noises, as i had used them for airspeed cues while dogfighting in close, so I could keep tally on a bogie. 

My crutch and I've already worked around it.  meh. 

I can say that I don't see anyone flopping into a stall any more often as I'm fighting them.  I wish it were the case   :devil.

This whole thread makes me think there were a lot of people "gaming the sounds" somehow, like those that are crying about not being able to turn off the engine noises in a GV now.....
Tune the eng.wav down in volume to about 1/3 to 1/2, and the stall and flaps up by about the same amount,and all is well while flying.  Tune click1 and click0 down and the beep won't blow your eardrums out, and all is well with VOX, now that the delay's been resolved.  ** (On my system at least...)

I even posted a link to a zip file that contains files that are adjusted so folks can easily do so if they don't have time, inclination or software to modify the volume levels themselves.

Since I don't GV I can't help folks out there if there are volume issues with that.

I don't mind in the slightest that the volume of my engine is "tied" to the volume of everyone else - in fact I never realized you could set them separately before, since other than a few tweaks when a particular sound was too loud I didn't mess with the sliders anyway.  It's the relative volume of engine to the other sounds that (was) problematic for me - especially since to get VOX high enough to hear over the default engine level I was blowing my ears out.  Secondarily, the cues I was using to fly were "missing", since the engine drowned everything out (including sanity).

Which I'm pointing out solely to make a point  -  it's not just people who had "played games" with the sliders that have had problems as a result of the update - for some of us, the relative volume of the sounds is just "wacky".

<S>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:02:49 PM by Ghastly »
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
I Dislike the sounds SOO much my plane is to loud and i cant tell if im gettin hit or not. ive noticed the stalls are awful i cant keep my corsair or 109 in a sustained turn      :headscratch:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »
stalls are because you can't hear the cue for it, plane fly's the same as before.