Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4225 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2010, 04:48:45 AM »
I only have my highway experiences to relate to.  The noise generated from cars mostly comes from the exhaust, located behind.  At certain revs, the engine pitch does change and I can hear the cars engine.  Regardless of what my car is doing, I can most certainly hear other cars in my vicinity, some more and some less.

Your car is fairly much less noisy than a ww2 aeroplane engine with direct exhaust sitting between your legs. Not to mention I hear no other traffic in my Mercedes as it is.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2010, 07:58:03 AM »
You know that part of the stall where your plane shudders violently but isn't fully stalling yet? I feel as though you can't push that envelope as far, It feels like I can only push that envelope 3/4ths of what I used to it isn't a bad thing in my opinion just that is where I feel the game ever so slightly different. I rarely fly in that shudder zone though as it means your just chucking E out the window in a 39. I only used it for wild desperate shots.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2010, 08:08:09 AM »
First, without tweaking (leaving default sounds) I almost never hear an external engine.  So, ask yourself this question, is that realistic?

Well in my experience that is realistic. I had the opportunity to fly in formation with a C-45 while I was in a T-6 and couldn't hear the C-45 at all. We were just outboard of the left wing tip, and about 40 feet back (and slightly above).
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2010, 09:42:56 AM »
I think people are just noticing the buffett more now because Dale said the other day in one of his post that he lowered the buffett, meaning you hit buffett now without pulling as hard, I noticed it the A8 real quick, a slight pull now hits the stall horn and just a very small pull after that and the buffett is entered and then the plane rapidly exits.

HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...

This was my thought. I noticed that the sound mix is a little different because my digital out surround sound is now supported, So I'm voice through headset (chose that inthe new options, love it) with the big sub woofer thumping away. Cannon sounds and engine cruise are way more enjoyable. BUT I'm having to re-learn the audible clues that let me know flight condition. I'm hoping that's all it is anyway.

Who is John Galt?

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
No stall issues really, but the MS Sidewinder2 forces are all screwed up. Initially the stick is almost like a digital stick, strong force to start it moving and then it easily flips all the way. Same in both directions, which makes it feel very square instead of familiar smooth round movement on 2 axis.

When I disable the trim forces the stick goes limp, but after that enabling the trim forces does nothing  :huh

Sounds volumes also seem weird, I suppose everything should be readjusted item by item by trial and error. Quite demotivating. I suppose it is better to wait for someone else to figure out some fixes. It is far from playable for me at the moment :(

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »
Flew the D-9 as much as I could this weekend, wish I honestly had more time to fly than I had, but se la vi.  First thing I did different than earlier was take as little fuel as possible, this helped immensley of cource while becoming familiar with the new audio "cues".  190s have never been happy when heavily laden with fuel, but It "feels" they're maybe even more so now, and this is a "feel" I have a hard time comprehending a change to just because of audio cues.  If anything did indeed sneak its way into the model, then it would have to relate to how unhappy a 190 is with heavy fuel, otherwise the model seems perfectly normal.

I took some notes this time while on each sortie of things non-model wise that I felt was off within the game in this update.  Primary issue on each sortie that I took damage on was that the damage was unaudible short of a major structural failure, large cannon round or collision (edit: 40mms field AA rounds were unadible, 30-37mm aircaft cannon rounds though I would hear the loud "bang" of an impact on my plane).  Maybe they're not loud enough, but this weekend left me questioning their existence at all in the game... as well as how potentialy wicked a hurri-I latched onto your tail can be now if you don't notice him spitwading away at your plane within the first couple of minutes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:07:45 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »
No stall issues really, but the MS Sidewinder2 forces are all screwed up.

Same here; MS SW FFB2 really squirrelly and sometimes slider has almost no effect (i.e. 100% is very strong while 0% is every so slightly less strong).  I also noticed the "strong in the middle and weaker at the edges" which causes oscillations on my FFB2.  And it's not deterministic: it doesn't always act the same for the same settings.

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Umm..not sure about others, but when I was learning to fly in an old beat up t34 two seat trainer with my dad, the thing he emphasized most was.."watch that little dial that shows your airspeed, it can alert you to when you are about to stall"  . Throw the audio clues out the window.  'nuff said. :airplane:
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
Umm..not sure about others, but when I was learning to fly in an old beat up t34 two seat trainer with my dad, the thing he emphasized most was.."watch that little dial that shows your airspeed, it can alert you to when you are about to stall"  . Throw the audio clues out the window.  'nuff said. :airplane:

that might be so in real life but in a dogfight turning in tight you can stall at 250+ mph if your flying on the edge you need to indicator for the game
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
that might be so in real life but in a dogfight turning in tight you can stall at 250+ mph if your flying on the edge you need to indicator for the game

The game does provide sufficient visual queues to alert you to an unplanned flight departure.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
You should just be able to tell when your plane will stall by experience.
Strokes

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
I don't get what other people are complaining about.  There are plenty of visual and audible cues at stall on my end.  The only issue I have is the diminished flap noises, as i had used them for airspeed cues while dogfighting in close, so I could keep tally on a bogie.  

My crutch and I've already worked around it.  meh.  

I can say that I don't see anyone flopping into a stall any more often as I'm fighting them.  I wish it were the case   :devil.

This whole thread makes me think there were a lot of people "gaming the sounds" somehow, like those that are crying about not being able to turn off the engine noises in a GV now.....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:35:04 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »

hehehe.  :salute    You watch the dial, I'll watch the Niki on my six as he tries to line up those four 20mm.  :pray
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
I don't get what other people are complaining about.  There are plenty of visual and audible cues at stall on my end.  The only issue I have is the diminished flap noises, as i had used them for airspeed cues while dogfighting in close, so I could keep tally on a bogie.  

My crutch and I've already worked around it.  meh.  

I can say that I don't see anyone flopping into a stall any more often as I'm fighting them.  I wish it were the case   :devil.

This whole thread makes me think there were a lot of people "gaming the sounds" somehow, like those that are crying about not being able to turn off the engine noises in a GV now.....

I can say I'm not alone in the recent increase in episodes of augering my 109 in the past few days. The wind noise is not as loud and you have to check the guage to see how fast you r going. By the fime you feel it, it's too late. I used to hear it from the cockpit noise, and got used to that cue, such that I didn;t need to take my eye off the target. Now I find I need to keep checking guages. It's also preventable by re-balancing the levels, which Ranger [appoogies if it was someone other than Ranger] has already done.

The point is a valid one for many.  :aok
Who is John Galt?