Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
I dont think anyone was freaking out about the stall issue,and I didnt see anyone throwing stones at HTC about it....Just someone asking a question..Maybe you just got done reading about how everyone is upset about the sounds and let how you felt be sounded off in here..

No, what frustrated me was the guy posting two separate threads about the same issue, where both times he said something to the effect of "I'm not flying again until they fix it..." when there was nothing to fix.  Basically we was simply fishing for someone to validate his perception of the problem.  A question would have been worded like "I'm having problems with my aircraft stalling since the update.  Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?"  

Abrupt?  Direct?  Certainly I was.  Mostly because some of these folks don't read the patch notes before coming in here and squeaking about HTC screwing up their gaming experience.  

Last, I'm exasperated by a rash of accusations towards HTC that there are aerodynamic errors in the flight model when the accusers have (1) no data whatsoever to back up there charges and (2) don't really have an open mind to learn.  Really, all they want to do is squeak about why their favorite plane doesn't fly the way it was described in Aces of the Luftwaffe, or in one of Eric Brown's reports/books.  So, sorry for getting frustrated, but I'm not the only one.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »

I might not have no solid data or formulated a video synopsis I do however have 1000's of duels and flight hours underneath my belt which is considered experience data. 

Thanks for all the responses I believe it could be the sound where I can't hear the stall horn more then likely is. 
Dang, someones trying to get better :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
No, what frustrated me was the guy posting two separate threads about the same issue, where both times he said something to the effect of "I'm not flying again until they fix it..." when there was nothing to fix.  Basically we was simply fishing for someone to validate his perception of the problem.  A question would have been worded like "I'm having problems with my aircraft stalling since the update.  Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?" 

Abrupt?  Direct?  Certainly I was.  Mostly because some of these folks don't read the patch notes before coming in here and squeaking about HTC screwing up their gaming experience. 

Last, I'm exasperated by a rash of accusations towards HTC that there are aerodynamic errors in the flight model when the accusers have (1) no data whatsoever to back up there charges and (2) don't really have an open mind to learn.  Really, all they want to do is squeak about why their favorite plane doesn't fly the way it was described in Aces of the Luftwaffe, or in one of Eric Brown's reports/books.  So, sorry for getting frustrated, but I'm not the only one.

Probabley as exasperated as I am about the plane I enjoy flying the most in this game not "feeling" quite the way it did just a couple days ago... but just a hunch.  Things in the game did change besides flight models, and I am not questioning anyone saying "nothing in the model has or was supposed to of changed".  But when I have this little fear nipping away in the back of my brain that something in the model might of changed, and others on this board have expressed the same opinion on the same or similar models of the same plane, then I begin to actualy start questioning if the model, specificaly the 190s, did infact change a little. 

If the game and it's atmosphere is really getting to you, go grab the webber and the tent and hit the lake for the weekend.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 06:05:02 PM »
No, what frustrated me was the guy posting two separate threads about the same issue, where both times he said something to the effect of "I'm not flying again until they fix it..." when there was nothing to fix.  Basically we was simply fishing for someone to validate his perception of the problem.  A question would have been worded like "I'm having problems with my aircraft stalling since the update.  Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?"  

Abrupt?  Direct?  Certainly I was.  Mostly because some of these folks don't read the patch notes before coming in here and squeaking about HTC screwing up their gaming experience.  

Last, I'm exasperated by a rash of accusations towards HTC that there are aerodynamic errors in the flight model when the accusers have (1) no data whatsoever to back up there charges and (2) don't really have an open mind to learn.  Really, all they want to do is squeak about why their favorite plane doesn't fly the way it was described in Aces of the Luftwaffe, or in one of Eric Brown's reports/books.  So, sorry for getting frustrated, but I'm not the only one.

Dr.Stoney your god's greatest gift to this world.  Thanks for pointing out my squeakyness and until I can fix or htc finds the problem I'm not flying again  :aok
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 06:09:10 PM »
Dang, someones trying to get better :aok

Never ending battle my friend  :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?

me.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Otaz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 07:12:26 PM »

Last, I'm exasperated by a rash of accusations towards HTC.......etc.

Well I don't mean to exasperate you further...but.... :noid

I'm accusing HTC of doing an excellent job maintaining and improving an already great game (that I admittedly suck at), and if that doesn't continue, I will quit (and not just because I suck). :P

:rofl

Seriously tho, I noticed something different about the handling of the planes I flew lastnight, and just figured no big deal, I was happy to fly just the same. But, after reading some of the well reasoned responses (while flying past the squeakier ones), I now think I probably had an aural issue more than anything. I spent a load of time adjusting sounds before I took off to check out the new base and town layouts so I could hear VOX without the engine sounds making it difficult. It may have had a side affect in my (unrealized) inclusion of audio information in my (rather pathetic) flying.

Zellys
VF-17  "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »
Everything seems fine to me, as a matter of fact I was thinking it was easier to fly the edge of the stall last night.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
I had no stall problems tonight whatsoever everything appears to be back in order.  Didn't change anything although I did turn up the stall horn alittle.  I have seen a couple more things that I will put in the bug report folder but the stalls are back to zero which is good.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
I had a couple of wild departures in an FM2 last night and my immediate thought was something in the flight model changed; however, this evening I worked with the sound system and brought the own aircraft sounds back up and strangely enough had no problems.  I think that as others have suggested, we learn to compensate for the lack of that "seat of the pants" feeling in computer sims by relying quite a bit on secondary indicators such as sound more than we realize.  We are probably not recognizing that a cue we relied on (perhaps subconsciously) is gone and therefore we lose SA and are surprised by departures that "shouldn't" be happening.  Just my opinion but tonight the FM2 seemed just fine.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:13:35 PM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline mariah11

• Zinc Member
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
You know I've been doin rather good this tour till this patch my score has stayed at 300 or so but right after I got the new update and reinstalled the game my first dogfight I instantly notice something a little....off I usually turn fight in my f4f at around 80mph but this last I wouldn't able to get down to 100 without stallin :huh :headscratch:

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
iI`m stalling
pulling out and trying to survive
I`m sure it`s changed
 but so has the game
I`ll make the best of it but it has changed
still love the update...will try to survive the sudden spin.....
wish i did not have to
but all is cool
Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2010, 07:10:22 PM »
No stall issues whatsoever in the 3 or 4 planes I fly.
Lighten up Francis

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »
iI`m stalling
pulling out and trying to survive
I`m sure it`s changed
 but so has the game
I`ll make the best of it but it has changed
still love the update...will try to survive the sudden spin.....
wish i did not have to
but all is cool
Jimmy

Jimmy I had the same problem just turn up your engine sounds which also turns up your stall horn alittle- thats what straighten me out.  Wish I didnt have to hear the engine though got use to it at 0
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2010, 12:18:46 AM »
  Wish I didnt have to hear the engine though got use to it at 0

In my opinion, flying with 0 engine sound is incredibly gamey, far more gamey than vulching or cherry picking. So I see the change as a good thing.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.