Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
Funny how some people in AH resort to blaming HTC as an excuse to explain away their suckage. I flew several aircraft today, and all feel the same to me, just as they were on the previous versions.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you give suggestions.  And I don't need your permission to start a topic thanks

Alot of people are having stall problems and the stick settings are the same.  Regardless if no plane settings were touched in this update somethings wrong and letting HTC know that theres a problem as I done a bug report on this issue.  I made this one to discuss with other AH players and to see if they've found a correction or what the problem is. 

Stoney is right...if you feel there is a problem with the flight model due to the update you should provide some data to back up your claims.  "I didn't stall yesterday like this but now I am" is hardly any proof that there might be an issue.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you give suggestions.  And I don't need your permission to start a topic thanks

Alot of people are having stall problems and the stick settings are the same.  Regardless if no plane settings were touched in this update somethings wrong and letting HTC know that theres a problem as I done a bug report on this issue.  I made this one to discuss with other AH players and to see if they've found a correction or what the problem is.  

Look TnDep, you have absolutely no data at all to form a hypothesis upon.  I'm talking scientific method here.  Every time we get an update that has no mention of flight model changes, folks come onto the boards and start screaming about how the [insert your favorite ride here] got some sort of ninja-stealth nerf from HTC.  Even if they did, you guys wouldn't even have the data from the previous flight model to make a comparison because you never do any testing.  What was the stall angle of attack of your favorite ride yesterday compared to today?  You don't know, so you've formed an opinion based on what?  Nothing.  Its really that simple.

HTC will tell you when they make a change.  The most substantial change since I've been playing was the changes to the way thrust was modeled after the WWI update.  That change got almost no chatter on the boards at all.  Ironic me thinks...

Regardless, you surely have the right to start these threads, just as much as I have the right to come in here and tell you guys that you're barking up the wrong tree.

Finally, if I'm wrong and Skuzzy or Pyro or Dale come in here and say that they had some sort of bug that changed the way the [insert complex aerodynamic control surface characteristic of your choice] was deflecting, I'll come back to this thread and apologize to all of you
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:23:23 PM by Stoney »
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
I've only flown the one plane (F4U-1A) but I could detect no difference in the flight model/handling.  

Can you confirm that you are hearing the stall warning over the other sounds?  If you are used to judging by the sound (and what else can you judge by???), but the sound is now inaudible/overpowered by other sounds, then I imagine you'd feel as though the plane were behaving very differently.

Can you try the planes offline away from the field and see if you hear the stall buzzer/buffeting sounds?

Are you using FF - there was a change in how that's implemented at the stall.  If you are used to keying off of the FF, you might find that to be a part of the issue too.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
Look TnDep, you have absolutely no data at all to form a hypothesis upon.  I'm talking scientific method here.  Every time we get an update that has no mention of flight model changes, folks come onto the boards and start screaming about how the [insert your favorite ride here] got some sort of ninja-stealth nerf from HTC.  Even if they did, you guys wouldn't even have the data from the previous flight model to make a comparison because you never do any testing.  What was the stall angle of attack of your favorite ride yesterday compared to today?  You don't know, so you've formed an opinion based on what?  Nothing.  Its really that simple.

HTC will tell you when they make a change.  The most substantial change since I've been playing was the changes to the way thrust was modeled after the WWI update.  That change got almost no chatter on the boards at all.  Ironic me thinks...

Regardless, you surely have the right to start these threads, just as much as I have the right to come in here and tell you guys that you're barking up the wrong tree.

Finally, if I'm wrong and Skuzzy or Pyro or Dale come in here and say that they had some sort of bug that changed the way the [insert complex aerodynamic control surface characteristic of your choice] was deflecting, I'll come back to this thread and apologize to all of you

QFT   :aok  :aok  :aok

Tango
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...

As always I could be wrong but I think Snaphook nailed it already.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »
Yes, we're all wrong, suck and aren't scientific enough. It says so in this thread.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
Yes, I've had the same probs with stalls and absolutely attribute it to aural cues alone, I've tried a few different combinations and can't hear approach to stall, gunfire hits or vox as well as before.  I think one could make the case that this is a more realistic sound mix but given the lack of tactile involvement on a pc game, a little leeway may be in order  :pray

PS: The new terrain objects are fab!  :rock
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:53:27 PM by Letalis »
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 10:52:13 PM »
I've noticed almost no stall change.

1 weird thing though.

I managed to snap roll a C-47 while flying over and checking out the town.

With full flaps and moving about the speed of smell, this thing did a backflip/corkscrew/barrel roll looking thing in an about a 10 foot space.

Just a weird stall thing.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...

This is most likely the cause of the problem.

U guys that are having trouble, did u adjust ur individual sounds prior to the update?  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
Nothing in the flight models of any aircraft was adjusted.  You guys need to begin some sort of testing regime before you clog the boards with these posts after every update.

Simply because the front page doesn't mention a change in the flight model, doesn't mean something was accidentally tweaked or something was tweaked and they forgot to put it back. You need to begin some sort of self-help regime, call it "think before you post", before you clog the boards with more ignorant posts such as this.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, I needed to point it out.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 11:14:21 PM »
got in a nice turn fight with a spit, if it was gunna stall it would have happened in that fight. game on.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 11:45:01 PM »
I fly the 190 D all of the time. After downloading the new version and flying any slight stick movement causes buffeting like crazy.. Tried it in other planes, same problem. Got speed up tp 300 mph pulled on stick got buffeting stall and lose control.. Wasnt happening yesterday or the days and weeks before.. Must be a coincidence..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
How many of you having the stall problems use CH sticks?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »
To Sky25,

If you had sound effect volume low before, then now it is more high so that you hear stall buffet that you did not hear before.

:salute

mobilis in mobile