Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »
Problem with stalling is the sounds (they sound different, so we dont use the same clues as before), same thing happened last big update and the one before.  People kept complaining that they were stalling too easy.  I lost about 5 spit8 due to stalls last night.  It will be better in a couple of days.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »
First we in no way changed the models, but is always possible a bug crept in, but I also did not touch ANY flight sim coad so it would have to be a very very very strange thing for that to be the problem. Couple that with the fact some people are not noticing any change I would bet a lot of money that isn't the issue you are feeling.

So that leaves us with 2 possibility.

Bug in JS scalling code. I did touch some of the joy stick Initialization code, (this turned out to be the DirectX bug that was causing the windowing change problems) but I just went and tested the scaling piece and all is correct.

So I am fairly sure that it is the stall horn that is tripping people up. Are the people who are noticing a big different running a custom stall horn?

HiTech

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »
Force feedback is screwed

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »
At first flight, it seems that spit 16 behaved as a f4ux!
After more time elapsed all seemed normal.
Perhaps new sounds require new perception.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
At first flight, it seems that spit 16 behaved as a f4ux!
After more time elapsed all seemed normal.
Perhaps new sounds require new perception.

:salute

It doesn't take Hercule Poirot to see the non force feedback stick users are not having a problem. Shouldn't really be an area to be messed with, you might as well change the scaling it will have the same effect to someone whos stick pull is used to certain FF settings. It would be like instantly changing all the CH users to a heavier/lighter spring. People will readjust their muscles to the new pull/pressure given time, but why should they have to?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
It doesn't take Hercule Poirot to see the non force feedback stick users are not having a problem. Shouldn't really be an area to be messed with, you might as well change the scaling it will have the same effect to someone whos stick pull is used to certain FF settings. It would be like instantly changing all the CH users to a heavier/lighter spring. People will readjust their muscles to the new pull/pressure given time, but why should they have to?

We didn't mess with it.

Only thing changed was where the stall buffet happens.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
We didn't mess with it.

HiTech
Then it's all perception.  I didn't notice anything strange either but I usually try not to turn-n-burn much in Fw aircraft. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
We didn't mess with it.

HiTech

stall buffet?? and the new towns bases absolutely murdered my FR in this update
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 03:19:15 PM »
Change in the joystick coad might well have done it, will recalibrate and recheck sliders see if that makes a difference.

TY Hitech, much appreciated.  <S>

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

I might not have no solid data or formulated a video synopsis I do however have 1000's of duels and flight hours underneath my belt which is considered experience data. 

Experience isn't relevant if you're trying to prove something changed in the flight model.  Experience is arbitrary.  Data is quantitative and tactile.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »

So I am fairly sure that it is the stall horn that is tripping people up. Are the people who are noticing a big different running a custom stall horn?

HiTech

mine was default on everything
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
I am running a custom soundpack...and I dont think I recall hearing a stall buffet when it happened.I have a new ch fighterstick,will recalibrate it today also..I am inclined to think that humble is on the right track with his first statement..

But I must say that Stoney,you did go off a bit for no reason..I dont think anyone was freaking out about the stall issue,and I didnt see anyone throwing stones at HTC about it....Just someone asking a question..Maybe you just got done reading about how everyone is upset about the sounds and let how you felt be sounded off in here..

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
We didn't mess with it.

HiTech

Oh a lot more has changed than that and I'm not the only one...

Not only the stall prob with the 190 and A6m...but my old MS FFB2 has lost its "sensible" feedback characteristics(in use for 5 years now, 2 in AHII). Same happend for other squaddies using the same stick. Even if the settings in game didn't change, the force feedback HAS changed with the update. Trying to fix it with the gamecontroller settings in Windows, no matter what is clicked, AH allows only full force back to center or zero force to center.
Ain't fun flying with it because it changed a lot!

The sound, well personally i do not like it at all, i hear planes at 800yards but not bullets hitting me, i hear planes exploding 2k away, flying in formation makes com impossible, the air raid siren in twr makes me think of how to shoot it...imo the sound needs a serious workout or a step back.

You can disable and then re enable Force Feedback in flight to get rid of the full force effect but it is still not the same as the old settings, and if you reup it will return to full strength force settings. Also adjusting the trim setting produces strange results, I'm usually at 25 but reducing or increasing the trim will not return consistent results and the pull strength and therefore the scaling has been affected.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
Guys

I am having exactly the same problem as the original poster, but I know what is causing it.

The only types of sensory feedback we get flying in the game are visual, aural, and tactile. Even those without force feedback, still get a response from the tension on the springs. 

So that's three types of feedback, but it is more complicated than that, because each of those interact and combine with the others and we take our cues from the many permutations of all three, that we learn from experience.

The catch is everyone does it differently, some people depend on Aural feedback more than others, some are more visual, yet others more tactile. For example, some people can't live without force feedback, I hate it. Real pilots depend much more on physical feedback. Personally I depend a lot more on aural feedback in a game, and the new sound system has had a dramatic effect on my flying. 

Many of us underestimate the importance of aural feedback and the impact this might have. It has an effect on sound quality and increased potential futher improvements to the game. But few of us were expecting the much more immediate impact it would have on our flying.

What's the answer?

That depends.... If nothing else changes, there are two choices. Firstly, you can start flying again, hard and often, and relearn the sensory cues. For those who depend heavily on the Aural feedback, it will be tough, and for those more dependant on the visual and tactile cues, they may not even notice any difference. Secondly, you could start downloading the various sound packs and use sound editors to recreate the sounds as you previously had them.

For my part, I've been using a combination of both and after a few hours (that I'll never get back) I'm already beginning to see that happy place on the horizon... I predict a few more days of tweaking and it will be as though nothing happened. I would compare this to the way your heart sinks after you lose all your game settings. You may never feel as though your stick and view settings were as good as they were, but it doesn't take you that long to get pretty darn close.

Hope that helps...

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
Guys

I am having exactly the same problem as the original poster, but I know what is causing it.

The only types of sensory feedback we get flying in the game are visual, aural, and tactile. Even those without force feedback, still get a response from the tension on the springs. 

So that's three types of feedback, but it is more complicated than that, because each of those interact and combine with the others and we take our cues from the many permutations of all three, that we learn from experience.

The catch is everyone does it differently, some people depend on Aural feedback more than others, some are more visual, yet others more tactile. For example, some people can't live without force feedback, I hate it. Real pilots depend much more on physical feedback. Personally I depend a lot more on aural feedback in a game, and the new sound system has had a dramatic effect on my flying. 

Many of us underestimate the importance of aural feedback and the impact this might have. It has an effect on sound quality and increased potential futher improvements to the game. But few of us were expecting the much more immediate impact it would have on our flying.

What's the answer?

That depends.... If nothing else changes, there are two choices. Firstly, you can start flying again, hard and often, and relearn the sensory cues. For those who depend heavily on the Aural feedback, it will be tough, and for those more dependant on the visual and tactile cues, they may not even notice any difference. Secondly, you could start downloading the various sound packs and use sound editors to recreate the sounds as you previously had them.

For my part, I've been using a combination of both and after a few hours (that I'll never get back) I'm already beginning to see that happy place on the horizon... I predict a few more days of tweaking and it will be as though nothing happened. I would compare this to the way your heart sinks after you lose all your game settings. You may never feel as though your stick and view settings were as good as they were, but it doesn't take you that long to get pretty darn close.

Hope that helps...

Badboy

Was flying my Dora in offline last night and I was thinking the same thing because I was having a bit more of a difficult time flying in it, I thought maybe the model was changed a little but figgured I really needed to just get used to the new audio cues/feel.  I've noticed a few other 190/152 model-specific complaints in this thread though, so that has me a little uneasy and wondering if something did creep into the 190 models.  I wouldn't put it's priority infront of eating a good sandwitch or watching a good TV show this comming week (because chances are everything is working as intended), but if someone at HTCs could find a couple minutes to just peek inside the 190 models I'd really apreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:30:13 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.