Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
How many of you having the stall problems use CH sticks?

:airplane: and how many didn't recalibrate and reset dead zone and dampening? I see no difference in stall
   characteristics at all.  :headscratch:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline shuzon

• Zinc Member
      • Loose Deuce
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »
Not only the stall prob with the 190 and A6m...but my old MS FFB2 has lost its "sensible" feedback characteristics(in use for 5 years now, 2 in AHII). Same happend for other squaddies using the same stick. Even if the settings in game didn't change, the force feedback HAS changed with the update. Trying to fix it with the gamecontroller settings in Windows, no matter what is clicked, AH allows only full force back to center or zero force to center.
Ain't fun flying with it because it changed a lot!
The sound, well personally i do not like it at all, i hear planes at 800yards but not bullets hitting me, i hear planes exploding 2k away, flying in formation makes com impossible, the air raid siren in twr makes me think of how to shoot it...imo the sound needs a serious workout or a step back.
Schu! Squad motivatorrrrrrrrrrr

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
For me the new sound system from the beginning has sounded GREAT i can hear the other planes engines from a good amt of distance even with my engine on.  If a plane is near me especially if they are close you can actually hear the guns fire on their plane, and even close flybys sound alot more defined or i guess louder or something.  All of these things vastly increase the immersion factor of this game,  Over all the amount of sounds are excellent with one exception i cant lower the volume of the stall horn, the air raid siren and other annoying sounds....otherwise everything is perfect.  Even lowering the engine volume is helpful since I usually watch tv while i play.  Even when im at like 10000+ft i can sometimes hear the either the explosions of large bombs exploding or something like that even when at that high alt.  It just adds to the sense that their is a battle going on around me.  Their were two opposing cv units next to some base airfield and alot of the guns were being fired and the big guns i could hear exploding.

The effect of the trails for those cvs guns are awesome

Although for those with problems...still, i can sympathize.  Maybe it would be best to inform htc of your exact system specs, perhaps they can work from those  Im no expert but i would assume its due to the difference between all the different computers the users use.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:57:13 AM by milesobrian »

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 01:58:13 AM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...

Very true!  I rely on the stall warning and buffet to adjust how hard I'm pulling.  (I experienced the same problem when people yak on VOX about something completely irrelevant for minutes on end....usually when I'm in the middle of a knife fight)
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 02:05:57 AM »
Simply because the front page doesn't mention a change in the flight model, doesn't mean something was accidentally tweaked or something was tweaked and they forgot to put it back. You need to begin some sort of self-help regime, call it "think before you post", before you clog the boards with more ignorant posts such as this.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, I needed to point it out.

As the powers the be state after every new version or patch where people start to whine that "the flight model has changed", if they changed anything, they tell us.

If they took something out or put something in, they tell us.

No hank panky here.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:05 AM »
Very true!  I rely on the stall warning and buffet to adjust how hard I'm pulling.  (I experienced the same problem when people yak on VOX about something completely irrelevant for minutes on end....usually when I'm in the middle of a knife fight)

That makes sense to me. I will need to learn it all over gain as far as the sound goes. I do not like the new sound package at all...Everything else is different..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 02:11:22 AM »
<-------my planes are always falling outta the sky.

my car stalled on the 405 once, not so good.

think the sound is throwing me off a bit,

i also can not access the individual game sounds to shut off that annoying field alarm.

froger  
frogs are people too

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 02:17:38 AM »
I didn't notice any differences.

the RV8 was flying quite well i thought 
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 02:54:56 AM »
How many of you having the stall problems use CH sticks?

Tossed my P-38 around with a couple of Zekes on the deck and never had any issues like the OP described. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:42 AM »

the RV8 was flying quite well i thought 

Yeah, I'd say she held together pretty well.

cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:58 AM »
 :rofl

shame about the two idiots flying her
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »
Well I can say my trusty B25 handled like a brick as always, no noticeable changes here.  :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 05:27:12 AM »
Could your stalling issues be a result of the sound changes? I know I fly by sound as much as anything else. After the update, before this one, when the wind sound was taken away, seemed to me that everything flew like a brick. Once they fixed the wind sound issue and I adjusted some sounds on my end, everything was back to its old self again.  :salute 
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:47 AM »
Tossed my P-38 around with a couple of Zekes on the deck and never had any issues like the OP described. 

ack-ack
ummm bombers are not supposed to turn with fighter planes.  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 05:44:05 AM »
Simply because the front page doesn't mention a change in the flight model, doesn't mean something was accidentally tweaked or something was tweaked and they forgot to put it back. You need to begin some sort of self-help regime, call it "think before you post", before you clog the boards with more ignorant posts such as this.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, I needed to point it out.

Send someone at HTC a PM or email and ask if the flight model changed.  If it did, as I said before, I'll apologize.  If it didn't, perhaps you owe me one.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech