Author Topic: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD  (Read 19792 times)

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Re: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Another thing that might help is if the town didn't need to be 100% down....just 80% or so.  Besides, everyone knows that knit troops are skilled CQB and house-to-house clearing experts, DOH!

I saw Knit Troops in French Maid outfits holding dusters instead of rifles.      :x
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »
They don't want to take the time to figure out the runs a pair of Lancs need to take out the majority of the town now! Too many are looking for "easy mode" instead of putting a little time in to figure out how to work it now.

THEY don't have to figure it out. it was told to them about 5 pages ago.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
Make it look like Arizona ... all Terracotta Roofs.  Then Ranger can make a paint scheme to look like Border Patrol.  We can have fun doing what really needs to be done -- destroy all the buildings and take back the town!   LOL    :banana:

:bolt:

I already suggested this, but here it goes again.      :neener:
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »
Another thing that might help is if the town didn't need to be 100% down....just 80% or so.  Besides, everyone knows that knit troops are skilled CQB and house-to-house clearing experts, DOH!

Save the town Gasthaus, the frauen are sure nice, and beer is always good! :aok :aok

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2010, 05:59:12 PM »
Just for the argument of those who are unhappy because this town is too hard and confusing to blow up.

Since no one wants to fight that much anymore and hides above 12k, change all of the roof tiles so when you look down from 12k+ it looks like a gehy rainbow striped party bannor. Because it's so hard to tell if all the buildings are down from so high up there, when the last building is destroyed the gehy party bannor changes to an open for business, all american, red white and blue U.S. Flag. Proudly welcoming in those 10 hardworking Commando's, Rangers, and Die schwarzen Teufel doing their patriotic duty for their country.

I'm betting HiTech will allow custom modding of the town "map down" to any countires map from WW2. Or better yet your squad art. Just like skins.

Hey there is an idea. Why not during a 12 hour period every feild taken the Icon gets an additional visual tag along with changing color and chess peice. You right click on it and a popup tells you which player dropped the troops that took the feild. Every 12 hours all of the tags get dropped, and feild icons go back to color and chess peice.

By the way did anyone ever open the town map in an art program and go to the trouble of changing the town buildings from black to bright blue? Once you do that, surprisingly the town is setup in a rather simple pattern to blow the heck out of if you learn to use the map. You tankers, why did HiTech give you the M4 with rockets? To blow the heck out of the town. The town creator has given you the roads as visual cues from the air to locate the outlieing buildings and setup bomb runs. The river bend holds all but 9 buildings as a border. The outlieing 9 buildings are in three clusters. Why do you think you were given a primary single road that runs through the center of the town object and a river the bisects it?

So did HiTech make a mistake by complimenting you with a capturable object that he thought would engage your intelligence? Or are you really honestly trying to convince him few of you have the ability to read a map and see how easy he made the current town to take down if you follow all the clues?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Roadblck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice picture!

That would be a complete eye sore and would detract from the game, imho.

Until the graphics are photo-realistic, and what we see on our monitors is pretty close to what you'd see in the real world, I'm willing to accept a little bit of a departure from reality to compensate.  I used "bright red" as an extreme example, knowing that it is doubtful HiTech would go that route. 

On a related note:  I admit, while I have flown a good bit in real life,and seen a lot of houses and other buildings from the air (not at 300+ mph, granted), I have never seen what a house or building looks like after it's been hit with a large bomb.  I could be mistaken, but I suspect it would be pretty easy to distinguish it from one that is  undamaged.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
Since no one wants to fight that much anymore and hides above 12k, change all of the roof tiles so when you look down from 12k+ it looks like a gehy rainbow striped party bannor. Because it's so hard to tell if all the buildings are down from so high up there, when the last building is destroyed the gehy party bannor changes to an open for business, all american, red white and blue U.S. Flag. Proudly welcoming in those 10 hardworking Commando's, Rangers, and Die schwarzen Teufel doing their patriotic duty for their country.

Not very subtle, but totally awesome and hilarious! :rofl :aok  Bustr is killin it.

<S> Melvin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:14:33 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »

Not very subtle, but totally awesome and hilarious! :rofl :aok  Bustr is killin it.

<S> Melvin

Dagnabbit............ :furious

I just got a free drive by house painting after this post. My whole frikkin house is now a rainbow banner signed in rainbow colors by: Die Regenbogen Teufel

Oh the inhumanity of it ALLLLLL. When will this TOWN INSANITY EEEEnnnnnnddddddddddddd...... ........ :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Mrs. bustr is gonna be so PO'd I won't get no chocolate or truffles for weeks. Well at least I still got my fuzzy bunny slippers and a bottle of scotch..... :devil
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »
You aren't seeing the big picture.  A large percentage of the player base is completely different than you.  They are not experten, and they enjoy capturing bases and trying to conquer the map.  Many are baby seals, but they help create very fun fights in the main arena.  They also help move fights around the map to different areas and between different bases, which will create different types of fights other then the same stagnant fights between the same two bases.  Capturing a base might be relatively easy for you, but that may not be the case with lots of other players.  

The large maps that can usually be found in orange contain hundreds of bases and many captures are required for these types of players to achieve ultimate victory.  In the current setup, it is too difficult to capture a base, takes too many 'resources', and makes it nearly impossible to actually win the war.  This certainly is frustrating a decent percentage of the player base and they aren't having much fun anymore.  If they don't have fun, they won't log on and in return, I don't have fun because I can't find anybody to shoot at.  I used to make fun of players who enjoyed this aspect of the game because I personally do not enjoy it or fully understand the lure of it, but I have come to realize that the more of them there are having fun, the better the fights are on the map.

At least with the old way small squads would try a noe & you had a chance of stopping them. It added excitement , game pleasure & fun. Now it is all so mundane & boring.
Eny prevents you from upping something descent to defend with so why bother.

I still reckon having limits on how many aircraft can up from a field in a certain time frame & having eny localised ,say in a 9 segment area , would of limited the noe hordes people whined about & would add some benefit to overall game play & enjoyment.

Once you lose the "enjoyment" factor that is when you move on & the game dies.

Like some guys, who hardly fly anymore since the major updates, commented " furballers" will kill this game & then whine because there is no one to kill anymore.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »
Eny prevents you from upping something descent to defend with so why bother.

This is a terrible exaggeration.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31:29 PM »
Furballers will kill the game?

Coulda swore Hitech and company made the decisions.  As for the rest of it.  As soon as the game is renamed "Ground Pounders Low" I will show greater concern for anything besides air combat.  But since it's "Aces High" I think I'll continue to try and shoot other cartoon airplanes.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
Make it look like Arizona ... all Terracotta Roofs.  Then Ranger can make a paint scheme to look like Border Patrol.  We can have fun doing what really needs to be done -- destroy all the buildings and take back the town!   LOL    :banana:

:bolt:

Must...resist...urge... :devil
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »
This is a terrible exaggeration.

Is it? I don't think so.

Yes it may not apply all the time but there are occasions that it does.

If you are the lone defender against several you want something more than an ew model plane or a grossly out gunned gv.

WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »
Furballers will kill the game?

Coulda swore Hitech and company made the decisions.  As for the rest of it.  As soon as the game is renamed "Ground Pounders Low" I will show greater concern for anything besides air combat.  But since it's "Aces High" I think I'll continue to try and shoot other cartoon airplanes.

Sometimes you need look from outside the box to see what is in the box.

WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2010, 12:13:54 AM »
Is it? I don't think so.

Yes it may not apply all the time but there are occasions that it does.

If you are the lone defender against several you want something more than an ew model plane or a grossly out gunned gv.

While we have frequent ENY limits due to imbalances between both EW arenas, ENY restrictions over 20 are very rare. And if your side has "only EW planes" available, eny must be maxed out (29), which isn't only extremely rare, but also means you own side has a massive numerical advantage. If you are the lone defender then, something's wrong on your team ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman