Author Topic: $58.00  (Read 3600 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: $58.00
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
It would be the Eruo

Won't be the Euro with all of the current financial problems floating around Europe.  Maybe the Aussie Dollar, it's very strong.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
You mite be better off going with LP

LP is a great fuel.  Very clean.  Your engine will last forever running on propane.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2011, 01:09:34 PM »
It would be the Eruo, the Chinese fix the price of their currency by purchasing US and Euro Gov bonds with the money from surplus of trade to prevent it from floating on the open market.

I truly doubt it would be the Euro.  Just as you said, the Chinese fix their values.  The Euro would take a hit if the US Dollar took a hit.  The Yuan would be manipulated to show that it's still strong (even if it's not).  
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »
If you factor in the price of the War in Iraq, which is blatantly about geo-political positioning and access to large energy deposits for US friendly energy companies, you are paying a substantial amount more for energy. Our kids and grandkids are actually picking up the tab.

Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:20 PM »
If you factor in the price of the War in Iraq, which is blatantly about geo-political positioning and access to large energy deposits for US friendly energy companies, you are paying a substantial amount more for energy. Our kids and grandkids are actually picking up the tab.

Good point... we have spent trillions in the last 20 years 'acquiring' access to energy resources. In essence that is a form of indirect an subsidy.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
Dano, we weren't talking politics bro.  Just fuel prices and currency possibilities.  Let's not bring politics into the thread.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
I was talking monty python
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
I was talking monty python

You still need to work on your silly walk.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
Dano, we weren't talking politics bro.  Just fuel prices and currency possibilities.  Let's not bring politics into the thread.

Avoiding the political implications, we could reduce our demand by driving more fuel efficient and smaller vehicles, no need to drive a Ford F350 to work if you work at an office building and drive on paved streets. Although we may feel we don't have control over everything, we can control ourself, and adaptation begins with you.

Less demand == lower prices (baring supply doesn't change)
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
Avoiding the political implications, we could reduce our demand by driving more fuel efficient and smaller vehicles, no need to drive a Ford F350 to work if you work at an office building and drive on paved streets. Although we may feel we don't have control over everything, we can control ourself, and adaptation begins with you.

Oh trust me, I know.  I lived in L.A...  It's amazing to see all of those trucks doing 10mph for 2 hours (91,15,5,60 freeways) during a commute.  Usually there was only one person in the truck/SUV as well.  Wasteful doesn't even begin to describe it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

Less demand == lower prices (baring supply doesn't change)

less demand could also have the opposite effect.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, 01:45:46 PM »
I'm putting an inline six turbo diesel into my nissan leopard/infiniti m30 to replace the inline six turbo gas engine.

Much more weight, new tranny, new electronics, new axle gearing. You have a long row to hoe.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
:headscratch: :headscratch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

if we start burning less a couple of things could happen.

local stations go out of business, due to overhead. those remaining can(and probably will) charge more
no one goes out of business, but since they're selling less, and their bills remain the same, they now raise their price to cover their bills. if not, they go under, and we're back to #1.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
Drive less, play AH more...

Strip

I like the first two suggestions, not sure about the third.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.